Lucy Lawless and season 2 of "Ash vs. Evil Dead"
There's a new interview here. Exceprts:

Quote:Q::Season 2 of Ash vs Evil Dead premieres in October. Without spoiling anything, what can you tell us about the new season?

A: Super-high-octane! It’s like four times the size of last season. I don’t really know how that happened . . . it just evolved that way. The footage that we’re shooting, honestly, it’s like . . . two
Spartacus episodes crunched down into [a] half-hour of Evil Dead. It’s super-technical, it’s super-rewarding . . . it’s just ferocious this season. And very funny!

Q: A recurring figure in your career is producer Sam Raimi, creator of the Evil Dead universe, producer of Xena: Warrior Princess, and executive producer of Spartacus: Blood and Sand. How would you define Sam’s genius?

A: Sam is the ultimate kook. He’s a very unique individual. He’s kind of like Hollywood’s Mork from Ork—y’know, he’s been pulled out of another time and place. :bounce: :laugh:

Q: Your husband is Sam’s longtime collaborator Rob Tapert. How is it working with your spouse, and how does that blur the line between your personal and professional lives?

A: We work together great, because really our roles do not overlap. My role as an actress—that’s the easy bit. The much more demanding aspect of my, I say “job” in inverted commas, is being spouse of the producer—hearing the download of all the production issues and personnel issues and being supportive . . . not to get involved myself, but keeping everybody calm is what I do.

Q: Would you say you’ve been somewhat typecast over the years? If so, do you necessarily see that as a negative?

A: I suppose if you look at my major characters, I get cast as strong, slightly edgy, twisted people—or at least that’s what I try to bring to every role. No matter how she’s written,
I’ll try to find the twist on it and try to make them compelling and make a bad person likeable and a good person a little bit gritty. So in a way I’ve taken fate and run with it and tried to make as much of it as I could.

Attached Files Image(s)

August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Big Grin Preview of the (latest) Evil Dead video game, as narrated by Bruce himself august 1 148 June 29th, 2021, 06:47 PM
Last Post: Boomstick
  Videos: Lucy Lawless interviews about Xena: Warrior Princess Michael 0 153 April 7th, 2021, 04:35 PM
Last Post: Michael
Big Grin Evil Dead Rise! august 2 157 March 14th, 2021, 11:03 PM
Last Post: Boomstick
  Happy Birthday Lucy Lawless! august 32 5,582 March 29th, 2019, 02:03 PM
Last Post: august
  Evil Dead the Musical - live (after a fashion) on stage in Columbia SC! august 10 1,639 February 27th, 2019, 02:34 PM
  Vicky Pratt in House of the Dead 2: Dead Aim august 38 5,471 November 7th, 2017, 01:26 PM
Last Post: Michael
  Bruce promoting Ash vs. Evil Dead august 1 398 October 11th, 2016, 06:18 PM
  Raimi + Tapert reunite with Evil Dead director Fede Alvarez for "Don't Breathe" august 0 323 August 22nd, 2016, 10:43 AM
  Bruce, Lucy and Rob at Comic-Con! august 2 483 July 26th, 2016, 11:19 AM
  Season 2 trailer for Ash vs. Evil Dead august 0 383 July 20th, 2016, 06:32 PM