Website News
Hello Kind Folks,

Just thought I would fill you in on the additions at Andre-Norton-Books.com

We just received the last Thesis we were looking for - The Quest for Harmony with the Other in Andre Norton's Young Adult Literature by Diana M. Beebe, Master of Arts Thesis at The University of Texas at Dallas, (Jan.) 121 pages ~~ link provided encase you want to read it. That makes 5 thesis and 1 PHD dissertation on the site. They are listed on the home page.

We have gone through the entire collection at Texas A&M Cushing Library and have finished posting them and all the articles that Irene was kind enough to scan for us. Her last batch being 50 some Locus Magazine articles or snip-its with covers.

This almost completes all the articles About Andre or By Andre that we have identified. There are a few very obscure articles left to obtain (they will take a little doing as far as I can tell).

A contact of mine who owns a copy of every First Edition Hardcover by Andre (almost all of them signed) has been in the process of scanning the dustjackets for me. We started on "The Prince Commands" 1934 and are now in 2002 (he scans a half dozen or so each week) so the site now has High Resolution images of the covers and the publisher write-up from the flaps.

I am still trying to convince Paul in doing write-ups for the short stories (maybe you all can help in that request) How about it Paul?

I just recently discovered that Andre Norton.org is off line. That makes my site the only one online anymore. With the exception of Wikipedia and ISFDB. I guess all the other sites considered themselves redundant or even irrelevant (at least in my eyes - they had so many mistakes)

If you can think of anything I'm missing please let me know and I will attempt to add it.

Oh yea - proof reading and spell checking is still an ongoing process - not sure that will ever get finished, but I keep trying. Fortunately people do tend to notify me when they find things so that helps.

It's just too bad that the Great Lady herself never got to see this little project - I would love to have seen her reaction. ~~~~ JAY
"Not everything that can be counted counts and not everything that counts can be counted"
Andre Norton's website - andre-norton.com
There's still http://elwher.wikidot.com

and

http://jade-dragon.wikidot.com/ansftimeline

Cheers!

(the other) Jay
YES THERE IS.

But mine is Better Smile

Kinda kidding - why do you think I have copied most of them. :leech: :tongue:

The other~other JAY
"Not everything that can be counted counts and not everything that counts can be counted"
Xenite.Org will never drop its Andre Norton content. In fact, I have been contemplating moving all of it to a dedicated subdomain. That will take a lot of work. I'm currently transitioning our Harry Potter content to a new site but I think I'll get the Andre project done by early next year.
I constantly send people here - but it appears they just read and lurk. Would be nice if they actually joined into the conversation.
Unfortunately we make it hard for people to join the forum because our domains and servers are under constant barrage from Webspam software. The number of fake account creations has dropped off over the past few weeks but I don't know if that reflects a change in tactics or just a break in the storm.

We do approve a lot of new members every month but most of them just lurk.
So, you're saying new members are very good-lurking?

Wink

Jerrie

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Website NEWS Lots-A-Watts 3 384 January 30th, 2022, 12:13 PM
Last Post: Lots-A-Watts
  Website update Lots-A-Watts 3 279 December 29th, 2021, 02:47 PM
Last Post: Michael
  Good News for Andre Lovers. Lots-A-Watts 5 625 December 3rd, 2021, 09:15 PM
  Website HOSED again Lots-A-Watts 5 671 November 4th, 2021, 05:22 PM
  Website Search Lots-A-Watts 1 833 November 8th, 2019, 09:31 AM
Last Post: Irene
  Some very sad news for SF Fandom: Andre Norton: Forum readers. Lots-A-Watts 14 3,471 October 29th, 2019, 12:47 PM
  Witch World movie news Paul Goode 2 910 March 25th, 2017, 11:23 AM
Last Post: Michael
  Attention Andre Fans ~ the Website is looking for your help. Lots-A-Watts 4 779 May 1st, 2016, 02:14 PM
  Vital Statistics of a Website Lots-A-Watts 1 830 March 21st, 2016, 03:00 AM
Last Post: rkomar
  Lots-a-watts newest news Lots-A-Watts 7 974 November 21st, 2015, 08:44 PM