Video: Trailer for "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them" SDCC 2016
This is the new trailer being shown to fans at San Diego Comic Con 2016.

Watch Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them Official Comic-Con Trailer (2016) from YouTube
SF-Fandom not responsible for video content

SF-Fandom reserves the right to remove inappropriate video content from its discussions. YouTube may remove the video from its service without notification.

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them Official Comic-Con Trailer (2016)
Writing about Science Fiction and Fantasy films.
http://www.sf-fandom.com/
OK - that was WAY COOL!!!

Thank you... and thank heavens for having the headset plugged in with adjustable sound.
Irene
I think that having David Yates direct this movie was the best decision they could make. We know it will feel like a real Harry Potter film because of his history with the franchise. But if there are to be other movies after this one, will Yates find someone to hand over the reins to or is he now married to the world of Harry Potter?
Movie soon..... Movie next week? Can't wait... Hmmm will that be 11/11? I may be driving my Mom (Miss. Daisy) so I'll wait another day.
Irene
This is the movie I have been waiting all year for (along with "Doctor Strange").
I have seen the movie and it is good. Not great - but certainly good.

The was a darker magical world from J.K.R. More liken to the darkness of the last of the books and movies.

New York of 1926 (I think) soldiers home from WWI taking the jobs they could. In the US, wizards are having to hide from the "New Salem 2" group who are witch hunters, and as a religion 'use' the street children from a dark and dingy New York.

Newt Scamander steps off the ship in New York with a suitcase that can be checked by customs (on the muggle safe setting), but which gets switched with another suitcase case.

I found Eddie Redmain to be very nice in the title role, I liked the low-key, and wide eyed presentation.
Also several very recognizable actors in actor listed roles. Also some others who I recognize (like the baker shown in the trailer single shot at the top of this thread), but don't know by name.

I'll give folks a few weeks to watch the film before saying did you recognize ....... as ....... And at the end look for a cameo by......

So sit through the credits until you get to the big role - actor lists. It took two of us to spot the big name we recognized, and the actor that was in the cameo.

[PS: watch for the throw aways.... The ship name that he sails on, the magical world knows an older Scamander brother as a war hero, The niffler & the bowtruckle - darn I need to pull out his book.]
Irene
What? No responses? So no one spotted Ron Perlman, nor Jonny Depp?

AND what about the book that has just come out with the screenplay.

Anyone? [Beuler? Bueler? ]
Irene
I'm not sure how I feel about Johnny Depp in these movies. Somewhere along the way, he forgot how to act. Sad I would've preferred they found a way for Colin Ferrell to continue the role.

Other than that, I really enjoyed the movie. Newt was interesting and they dropped enough hints about his backstory to support a seriesaround him. Queenie was great and so was Kowalski - I really hope we see them in future films since they were the standouts here. Tina was a little too subdued and bordered on damsel in distress a few too many times for being a former Auror. Not that I want her to be another movie!Hermoine taking over everything and stealing other characters' badass moments, but I did expect her to do more than what she did.

The senator's son, I think it was, was kind of pointless and served only as a plot device. Hopefully, they'll pay that off with his father and brother in future movies and it doesn't just get forgotten. I did like seeing the differences between British wizards and US wizards, and I'm pretty excited that they're going back to the time of Grindelwald.
Sheldon: I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.

~ The Big Bang Theory
I do not expect to see Jonnie Depp in any of the future films. I think that was just what is was, a 1 minutes cameo.

Senator's son? Oh I don't remember that. I suppose it is time for a second viewing.

In my Humble Opinion. The only characters that will really carry into the future movies will be Newt and Tina. With maybe small roles for some of the other actors. I mean if Queenie is Tina's sister, there will be family dinners and visits to the bread shop.

It would be nice to know if the (?) Thunderbird made it to Arizona.
Irene
Johnny Depp doesn't do one-minute cameos. He costs too much. Though I'd be thrilled if that ended up being the case.

Actually, I just remembered, he was the one running for senator, he was the older son of the guy who ran the paper.

It could probably fly there faster than Newt could've gotten it there. I'm not sure why he didn't just apparate to Arizona? Does apperation have a distance limit?
Sheldon: I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.

~ The Big Bang Theory
Well, the last couple of weeks were pretty intense for me. I was able to write a review of "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them" for A1 Movie Reviews but I had to work on several projects and get ready for a road trip, so I ran out of time and energy for sharing my thoughts here.

I recognized Perlman when I saw him. I had to do a double take when I saw Depp and was only able to confirm it for myself when I saw the credits. That was a pretty great and amazing surprise.
I didn't recognize Perlman. Honestly, I wasn't looking for him.

I did recognize the ONE minute cameo by Jonnie Depp, and after my surprise, needed to stay for the entire credits.
My friend spotted Ron Perlman in the "large type" star listing. (He was the last name in the series after Redmain).
So now, we were not only searching the small type credits for Depp, but also for Perlman. Found them both.

Jonnie Depp, well known for quirky roles, actually looks for quirky roles. I once heard him say that he takes a role in an 'indie' film for every standard role.... And I certainly saw him in the film and the credits.

Oh no. Now I have to read the Potter books to find out how long that character was in Azkaban.

Over the weekend, I read (local newspaper) that Redmain is contracted for 3 films. The plan is for 5 films in this universe.
Irene
I suspect these five films will be more about Albus Dumbledore and Gellert Grindelwald than about Newt Scamander and his friends. But maybe he'll appear in more than three.
I don't know where else to put this question
Michael - so for my traditional "movie & asian food" on Sunday. Do I see FANTASTIC BEASTS again or go se ROGUE?
Irene
Sorry I did not get back here sooner. I would have gone Rogue today, given a choice between the two. But it's a real tossup in my book.
I wasn't feeling "war movie" which is what Rogue was described to me.... Going way off topic here.... I went to "Moana"
Irene
I wish I could have fit "Moana" into my holiday schedule but I'm lucky to fit BREATHING into my life right now.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Video: Trailer 2 for "Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore" Michael 0 136 March 2nd, 2022, 12:52 AM
Last Post: Michael
  Johnny Depp resigned from Fabulous beasts franchise badlands 3 748 November 14th, 2020, 12:23 PM
Last Post: Irene
  Video: Trailer for 'Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald' FilmGuy 9 1,257 December 27th, 2018, 09:28 AM
Last Post: Irene
  The Hillywood Show Harry Potter parody (video) Michael 4 900 September 17th, 2018, 05:33 PM
  Video: Trailer for "Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald Teaser Trailer #1 (2018)" FilmGuy 2 760 March 23rd, 2018, 01:30 AM
  What comes next after FANTASTIC BEASTS Irene 3 937 April 6th, 2017, 04:39 AM
  Video: Harry Potter fan film, "Wands" FilmGuy 0 572 July 19th, 2016, 12:47 AM
Last Post: FilmGuy
  Video: Harry Potter fan film "The Wand" FilmGuy 0 546 July 19th, 2016, 12:42 AM
  Video: Harry Potter fan film "Rose" FilmGuy 0 437 July 19th, 2016, 12:35 AM
  Video: Trailer for "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them" FilmGuy 4 1,030 December 20th, 2015, 07:27 PM