Video: Trailer for "Kong: Skull Island"
Movie audiences will be accompanying Tom Hiddleston and Samuel L. Jackson to Skull Island in 2017. Here is the long-awaited trailer from San Diego Comic Con 2016.

Watch Kong: Skull Island Official Comic-Con Trailer (2017) from YouTube
SF-Fandom not responsible for video content

SF-Fandom reserves the right to remove inappropriate video content from its discussions. YouTube may remove the video from its service without notification.

Kong: Skull Island Official Comic-Con Trailer (2017)
Writing about Science Fiction and Fantasy films.
http://www.sf-fandom.com/
It is about time they fought Kong in his own terrority.
Honestly, I don't understand why everyone wants to kill this poor animal.
badlands Wrote:It is about time they fought Kong in his own terrority.

Haven't they done that in every single Kong movie thus far, as well as fighting his son on Skull Island in Son of Kong? :laugh: (Not counting the Toho versions.)

Assuming this is an official sequel to Peter Jackson's first film, this would have to be about a grandson of the first Kong, if it's set in the 70's as the press indicates. What I've read though is that this is a sort of build-up to a shared universe Kong vs. Godzilla film...
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
Looks cool, but horrible casting for the two leads, IMO. I had to look the movie up to see who the female lead was (not a good sign), and Tom Hiddleston...? Really? Sure, he's funny as Thor's punching bag, but I don't buy him as the guy that's going to go up against King Kong.

Good thing they've got Samuel L. Jackson and John Goodman to carry the movie.
Would you believe Tom Hiddleston has a serious fan-girl following? For whatever reason a LOT of female fans just luuuuuuv him. I don't get it, although he certainly has a very distinguished
stage and BBC pedigree as far as acting goes. But he apparently carried that AMC series The Night Manager just fine as the romantic/heroic lead, so go figure. And as we know, if Adrien Brody and
Jack Black can take down King Kong.... anyone can take down King Kong. :laugh:

I had to look up Brie Larson too, and said "Oh - Scott Pilgrim's ex who was in the band and dumped Scott for Brandon Routh." :bounce: (But it was because of his secret Vegan powers.) The good news is - she's French-Canadian. :bg: Or, as I just discovered, a subset called "Franco-Manitobans."

Attached Files Image(s)

August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
august Wrote:Would you believe Tom Hiddleston has a serious fan-girl following? For whatever reason a LOT of female fans just luuuuuuv him. I don't get it, although he certainly has a very distinguished
stage and BBC pedigree as far as acting goes. But he apparently carried that AMC series The Night Manager just fine as the romantic/heroic lead, so go figure. And as we know, if Adrien Brody and
Jack Black can take down King Kong.... anyone can take down King Kong. :laugh:

Hiddleston is a good actor, as a lead I just see him more suited to stuffy British period dramas and the like. I've got nothing against Larson, either, I just don't see them as having the star power to anchor this sort of movie.

I just can't shake the thought that this group of screen actors that have emerged in the last 10 years is lacking real stars, or the studios are pushing the wrong people. There's tons of solid second stringers, but no one that really stands out to me. Chris Pratt may be the possible exception.
Yep, they're sort of pushing decent character actors who hit it big in one film playing a particular sort of character... and immediately dropping them into lead roles.
So we saw the movie tonight, and overall it's very entertaining, but pretty goofy. I like monster movies for the monsters, and it definitely delivers on that front. If you want to see Kong in battle, and everything else is secondary, you'll be happy enough.

There's just a lot of very obvious stupidity here, stuff that's distracting, even in a monster movie. Too many cannon-fodder characters. Hiddleston and Larson do little other than strike poses and look surprised. Jackson and Reilly are the only really interesting characters, and they don't handle Jackson's very well, although it's clear what they were going for.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Video: Trailer for "Puss'n'Boots: The Last Wish" Michael 1 99 June 28th, 2022, 04:05 PM
Last Post: badlands
  Video: Trailer for "Lyle, Lyle, Crocodile" Michael 1 35 June 28th, 2022, 04:04 PM
Last Post: badlands
  Avatar 2 Trailer Coming Soon Michael 2 113 May 10th, 2022, 09:36 PM
Last Post: Michael
  Video: Trailer for independent film "Iron Sky" Michael 6 1,457 March 19th, 2022, 03:25 PM
  Video: Trailer for "The Adam Project" Michael 0 269 March 2nd, 2022, 09:10 PM
  Video: Trailer for "Avatar II" Michael 0 194 February 12th, 2022, 04:24 PM
  Video: Trailer for "Jurassic World Dominion" Michael 0 135 February 12th, 2022, 04:09 PM
  Video: Trailer for 'Dune' (Royal Houses) Michael 0 245 September 9th, 2021, 01:43 AM
  Video: Trailer for 'Matrix: Resurrections' Michael 1 285 September 9th, 2021, 01:41 AM
  Video: Trailer for 'The Predator 2022' Michael 0 278 September 9th, 2021, 01:39 AM