Great Green turkey creek monster
http://www.vintagechildrensbooksmykidlov...nster.html

Could this children book make a good horror story or science fiction T.V movie?
Don't insult the precious, my precious!:book:
It could be done but only if you remove the children's fantasy theme. I mean, the story itself could simply be adapted as a children's animation project and so remain faithful to the original. But if you're asking whether it could be turned into a more serious adult-oriented story, yes, I can see how elements of this could be used to construct a movie about something that grows throughout a town.

I could even envision a morality story. Suppose the people of the town discover the thing is not really hostile. Do they kill it to save themselves or do they find a way to live with it or do they find a way to help it move on to a better home? It would take a really good director and screenwriting team, people who treat the idea with due respect and seriousness. Most likely any attempt would probably fall far short of hopes and expectations. It's hard to get the film and TV industry to take any idea seriously enough without someone trying to improve it in some stupid way.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sometimes you need a monster to protect you from other monsters paperx1963 1 256 April 30th, 2021, 10:31 PM
Last Post: Michael
  The Great Ordeal by R. Scott Bakker Madness 11 1,142 September 28th, 2016, 10:46 AM
Last Post: Madness
  Merry Christmas, fellow followers of Great Cthulhu! El Shaddaj 4 2,069 December 24th, 2007, 08:30 PM
Last Post: Brooks
  Review: The Great Explosion by Eric Frank Russell Arcadia 0 569 September 13th, 2006, 10:45 PM
Last Post: Arcadia
  DvD Review: Die Monster Die!/The Dunwich Horror Michael 0 841 April 5th, 2006, 05:57 PM
  Interview with Matt Wagner about 'Batman and the Monster Men' Michael 0 835 October 29th, 2005, 06:21 PM
  Great Sci-Fi Kid's Book! humblechad 0 427 March 1st, 2004, 02:00 AM
Last Post: humblechad
  Book Review: Bray, Libba - A Great and Terrible Beauty Arcadia 0 515 January 10th, 2004, 09:14 PM
Last Post: Arcadia
  Great Scott!--Orson Welles might have done Batman? Mark 1 737 October 1st, 2003, 06:08 PM
Last Post: VickiSilverwolf
  a sketch of Great Cthulhu by HPL himself El Shaddaj 0 980 February 13th, 2003, 07:55 AM
Last Post: El Shaddaj