Ethics and large corporations
Should companies like Disney be held accountable for their misdeeds?
Don't insult the precious, my precious!:book:
I think their CEOs should be held accountable for their misdeeds, and not just in firing them. Unfortunately, because corporations are legal entities, the usual punishment for corporate criminality is a fine. Things have to be really funky before people start going to jail.
badlands Wrote:Should companies like Disney be held accountable for their misdeeds?

Did you have something specific Disney has done in mind? Or were you just throwing out Disney as an example of a corporation that might hypothetically commit some sort of offense?
Many Defeats & Many Fruitless Victories Memoirs Gateway
For I was talking aloud to myself...the old...choose the wisest person present to speak to...
Well, Disney's latest misdeed was laying off American software workers and forcing them to train their lower-paid H1-B visa immigrant replacements so they could get their severance packages.
"Ethics and large corporations" ...go together like oil and water. :laugh:
Apparently you have a case, given all the problems we have had with oil slipping into the waters of the Gulf of Mexico. It never fails to amaze me how much people trust unregulated corporations with their private data while distrusting governments that have bound themselves up with red tape.

When James Bond takes on the evil group trying to take over or destroy the world, it's often a non-governmental group. Fancy that.
Michael Wrote:Well, Disney's latest misdeed was laying off American software workers and forcing them to train their lower-paid H1-B visa immigrant replacements so they could get their
severance packages.
And now they've given up on it altogether. They've announced they won't be publishing their own video games, rather licensing them out. That's really what they should have done
in the first place, as they've been terrible with game development. They'd buy third party studios, have them work on a Disney project, they shut the studio down if the games
didn't perform to expectations.

MYCode Guide