I Married a Monster from Outer Space
But she returned to her planet (lol). This was a very B movey from '58, remade in '93. There apparently have been other movies with this theme, but I don't know any. The episode ''1st Anniversary'' in the 2nd year of the New Outer Limits in '96 was with this theme and was outstanding.
Pretty good movie at the time. Sympathetic but misunderstood aliens trying to fix their ship and go home.
Starred the late Tom Tryon, who went on to write horror novels, and (I think?) the ever popular Janet Munro.
Somewhat similar theme as in "It Came From Outer Space".
Sitting quietly, doing nothing,
Spring comes, and the grass grows by itself.
"It Came From Outer Space" didn't have the same theme but was a very good movey. I remember Tom Tryon as Texas John Slaughter, the Disney series, and The Cardinal.
Agaricus Wrote:Pretty good movie at the time. Sympathetic but misunderstood aliens trying to fix their ship and go home.

Sort of like the Enterprise episode Carbon Creek, in which T'Pol's ancestor gave the Vulcan invention of Velcro to corporate America, and a local kid kept teasing one of her
crewmates, who kept his Vulcan-style bangs, by saying "Hey Moe!" :laugh:

Quote:Starred the late Tom Tryon, who went on to write horror novels, and (I think?) the ever popular Janet Munro.

That was Gloria Talbott. Smile Janet Munro was English, and did some genre features there like The Crawling Eye, but is best known for Disney films like Darby O'Gill and Swiss Family Robinson.
Christopher Plummer writes extensively about his relationship with her in his autobiography. :love:

But yep, Tryon had big best-sellers in the early '70's with The Other and Harvest Home.
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
august Wrote:Christopher Plummer writes extensively about his relationship with her in his autobiography. :love:
Did you read that? I was interested until I found out how many pages it was! :laugh:
I came across it in the "new arrivals" section of my local library when it came out, and thought I'd quickly look up anything he had to say about Trek. 2 hours later I was still there, sort of
skimming/speed-reading through the whole thing. About a week later I grabbed it again, to be able to quote his lines about Shatner, which we then discussed here.
It's very readable though.
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
Looks like Paramount has opened up its vaults to YouTube for free.

Watch "I Married a Monster from Outer Space" from YouTube
SF-Fandom not responsible for video content

SF-Fandom reserves the right to remove inappropriate video content from its discussions. YouTube may remove the video from its service without notification.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A Space Jam reboot badlands 1 391 September 22nd, 2018, 10:12 PM
Last Post: Michael
  a Dragon's lair and Space ace movie in the works. badlands 3 495 March 23rd, 2018, 12:44 AM
  "Pacific Rim" - Monster Movies are Back! Michael 0 417 July 14th, 2013, 12:53 AM
  Toro's new movie, Monster badlands 2 620 May 4th, 2013, 09:02 AM
Last Post: Agaricus
  Tangled, monster,inc 2 and Cars 2 badlands 1 592 November 24th, 2010, 05:19 PM
  Article about Curator Margaret Weitekamp of the National Air & Space Museum Michael 0 594 November 16th, 2010, 11:24 AM
  Robert Englund's new autobiography - "Hollywood Monster" august 0 680 January 4th, 2010, 02:29 PM
Last Post: august
  Lost In Space? eugenewilson 6 770 May 30th, 2007, 12:06 AM
Last Post: Boomstick
  Monster House RobRoy 2 466 August 17th, 2006, 10:58 PM
Last Post: GamgeeFest
  Transcript for "2001: A Space Odyssey" found Michael 0 1,210 October 28th, 2005, 05:16 PM