A bit of Murders for Sale Trivia questions
1) The leading man in this book has the same surname as an important character in which earlier Norton book?
2) What Norton work was being written by a character in this book? :book:
3) Besides both women writing the same book, what other things did Andre and Fredericka have in common?
4) what should one do when he/she sneezes on Sunday? :book:

Any guesses? Will reveal answers soon. Later Kind Folks--Paul
Frontiers of any type, physical or mental are but a challenge to our breed. Nothing can stop th questing of man, not even man. If we will it, not only the wonders of space, but the very stars are ours
Oh heck: I'm going to try from memory.... And my memory is pretty bad these days.

1) The leading man in this book has the same surname as an important character in which earlier Norton book?
I think "Horvath" ?

2) What Norton work was being written by a character in this book?
Snow something: Fredericka is writing "The Scribbling Women" or at least something that would make her look up Austen.
But I cannot remember the title: I'm going to cheat a little. SNOW SHADOW
3) Besides both women writing the same book, what other things did Andre and Fredericka have in common?
Librarians - single - about the same age
4) what should one do when he/she sneezes on Sunday?
"Kiss a stranger"
Irene
Irene Wrote:Oh heck: I'm going to try from memory.... And my memory is pretty bad these days.

I think "Horvath" ?

2) What Norton work was being written by a character in this book?
Snow something: Fredericka is writing "The Scribbling Women" or at least something that would make her look up Austen.
But I cannot remember the title: I'm going to cheat a little. SNOW SHADOW
Librarians - single - about the same age
4) what should one do when he/she sneezes on Sunday?
"Kiss a stranger"

1) Nope. Hint: I have said that the answer points to My absolute favorite Norton book
2) correct. Scribbling Women was the Norton work "I was going for.
3) Good. I was aiming for Librarians and running a bookstore, single is a bonus ,yes but Andre was 5-10 years older than Frederika
4)wrong , Kissing a stranger is Tuesday's remedy.

2 out of 4.. not bad for just memory. Have fun. Later Kind Folks --Paul :laugh:
Frontiers of any type, physical or mental are but a challenge to our breed. Nothing can stop th questing of man, not even man. If we will it, not only the wonders of space, but the very stars are ours
Well, I know your favorite is _Moon of Three Rings_, so I'll guess the surname is Vorlund.

Jerrie

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sneeze on Sunday (aka Murders for Sale) - Discussion Marron4Gateau 0 284 August 30th, 2021, 11:51 PM
Last Post: Marron4Gateau
  HUGE Andre Norton sale - today only! Jerrie 3 705 March 28th, 2021, 09:06 PM
Last Post: Irene
  ebay listing - 70 Andre Norton books for sale chris.hakenkamp@gmail.com 1 727 November 19th, 2020, 09:01 AM
  _Iron Butterflies_ on sale Jerrie 0 583 April 4th, 2020, 10:28 AM
Last Post: Jerrie
  Placeholder: Questions of Jargon Pard Irene 2 3,119 November 17th, 2019, 12:42 PM
  Catseye on sale! Jerrie 0 450 April 5th, 2019, 05:35 PM
  Tales From High Hallack 3 on sale Jerrie 1 504 March 26th, 2019, 11:43 AM
  _Zero Stone_ e-book on sale! Jerrie 0 459 March 8th, 2019, 10:48 AM
  Five Senses Boxed set of e-books on sale! Jerrie 6 903 January 16th, 2019, 12:27 PM
  Tales of High Hallack 1-3 on sale Jerrie 0 441 September 7th, 2018, 02:58 PM