George Orwell books
So do you like any of them or the movies based on his books such as War of the worlds or Animal Farm or The time machine? I always thought that Sir Patrick Steward or Forrest Whittaker should play the Invisible man. I wish there was a movie based on 1984. Maybe Tom Hanks could be in it and Andy Serkis can be Big Brother.
Don't insult the precious, my precious!:book:
Orwell did write Animal Farm, but the other books you mention, The War of the Worlds, The Time Machine, and The Invisible Man, were all written by H.G. Wells.

I've seen the 1953 War of the Worlds movie, which I like. The Invisible Man (1933) is an amazing piece of cinema, if someone was going to watch only one H.G. Wells film adaptation, I'd recommend this one. I've seen the 2002 version of The Time Machine, but I didn't think it was all that great. I've yet to watch the 1960 version.
1984 was in fact made into a movie, in, er, um, 1984, starring John Hurt as Winston Smith, and Richard Burton in his last role as O'Brien. There was an earlier movie, and a British TV show, in the 1950's.

Tom Hanks? I trust you mean cast as Winston Smith? Or maybe O'Brien? "Comrade O'Brien, Life is like a box of chocolates..."

Andy Serkis as Big Brother? Hoo boy, now I'm picturing the telescreen filling up with an image of Gollum's head with an Uncle Joe Stalin mustache: "Doubleplussssssgood, my precious, two plus two equalses five, mustn't commit thoughtcrime, gollum!"
Many Defeats & Many Fruitless Victories Memoirs Gateway
For I was talking aloud to myself...the old...choose the wisest person present to speak to...
The earlier version of 1984 was quite good, as a matter of fact. It starred Edmond O'Brien, Jan Sterling and (I think)Michael Redgrave. Interestingly, it was
supposed to have two different endings. In the American version, as in the book, Smith is broken and embraces Big Brother and is executed. British audiences
would see Smith ultimately reject BB before being executed.
Sitting quietly, doing nothing,
Spring comes, and the grass grows by itself.
Alvin Eriol Wrote:1984 was in fact made into a movie, in, er, um, 1984, starring John Hurt as Winston Smith, and Richard Burton in his last role as O'Brien. There was an earlier movie, and a British TV show, in the 1950's.

Tom Hanks? I trust you mean cast as Winston Smith? Or maybe O'Brien? "Comrade O'Brien, Life is like a box of chocolates..."

Andy Serkis as Big Brother? Hoo boy, now I'm picturing the telescreen filling up with an image of Gollum's head with an Uncle Joe Stalin mustache: "Doubleplussssssgood, my precious, two plus two equalses five, mustn't commit thoughtcrime, gollum!"
LOL. What about Joseph Gordon Levitt as the invisible man?
badlands Wrote:LOL. What about Joseph Gordon Levitt as the invisible man?
I could see that. I think he could do just about any role he set his mind to.
badlands Wrote:LOL. What about Joseph Gordon Levitt as the invisible man?
[URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CdVTCDdEwI"]
I'm not sure I can see him doing that....[/URL]
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
august Wrote:[URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CdVTCDdEwI"]
I'm not sure I can see him doing that....[/URL]

Ha-ha. Well played, sir! :laugh:

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  William F. Nolan ,George Clayton Moore s logan run hour_25mikehodel 2 52 June 27th, 2022, 01:00 PM
Last Post: august
  Star gating books, movies, and authors Michael 3 137 May 17th, 2022, 10:28 AM
Last Post: Michael
  Books about The Apocalypse badlands 1 144 February 23rd, 2022, 10:09 PM
  What fantasy books or science fiction book do you want to see on film? badlands 11 1,347 December 26th, 2020, 09:36 PM
Last Post: Morthoron
  Stephen King books badlands 10 1,327 November 8th, 2020, 10:56 PM
Last Post: namesarehard
  Any good horror books you read lately badlands 0 595 August 13th, 2020, 12:54 AM
Last Post: badlands
  Your favorite Halloween Fantasy and Science Fiction books that badlands 0 954 August 22nd, 2019, 03:31 PM
Last Post: badlands
  Two Invisible man books? badlands 6 722 March 6th, 2019, 03:04 PM
  TIPS For Authors Who Want to Promote Their Books in Forums BookBug 2 1,820 August 7th, 2017, 01:21 PM
Last Post: Jim Cronin
  Should these fantasy books or series be made into movie or T.V series? badlands 9 1,348 May 22nd, 2016, 02:13 AM