the Legend of Sleepy Hollow
Disney's outstanding '49 version of the Halloween classic by Washington Irving, narrated by Bing Crosby. I wasn't able to find the complete film but these are 3 scenes.

Watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOPeJuvLJYs from YouTube
SF-Fandom not responsible for video content

SF-Fandom reserves the right to remove inappropriate video content from its discussions. YouTube may remove the video from its service without notification.

This is the best scene, really spooky and funny.

Watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yo9S6fDQGQM from YouTube

SF-Fandom reserves the right to remove inappropriate video content from its discussions. YouTube may remove the video from its service without notification.

And this is the end.

Watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SsCHYW_I3s from YouTube

I love this retelling and you can find the complete version by typing the adventures of Mister Toad and sleepy hollow on youtube.
Don't insult the precious, my precious!:book:
There's an excellent stage adaptation of Sleepy Hollow by my friend Chris Cook, the same guy who did the stage versions of Dracula
and Night of the Living Dead a few years ago. It's designed to be done outdoors (so as to include an actual horse for the Horseman)
but could work indoors too with minimal changes. It gets done a few times every fall at assorted venues around the country.
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
You mean to say ... people don't like the Johnny Depp movie?
:confused: Huh Did someone say that? All I meant to say was that there's an outdoor stage version. Smile
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
I like the Tim Burton one a lot. I don't think there was much fuss about it at the time, though. Johnny Depp was still a few years off his big blowup with Pirates.
Well, it feels like they were running it on cable all year long this year, but maybe that was just our DVR going crazy.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does whole Avatar and The Legend of Korra cartoon series need to be reboot? badlands 1 609 January 13th, 2019, 05:15 PM
Last Post: Michael
  Nicole Kidman to be honoured by Hollywood legend Marc Malkin Michael 0 999 October 4th, 2008, 10:56 PM
Last Post: Michael
  Legend Hand of God PC Game from Europe Sciguy 0 783 June 20th, 2008, 12:02 PM
Last Post: Sciguy
  A Joke Approved by Rarity from the Hollow roberteggleton 2 588 October 1st, 2006, 07:43 AM
Last Post: gerardchapman