C/A Andre Reading Club--Star Ka'ats and The Winged Warriors
In this last book in the series, there is trouble on Zimmorreh. Some of the cats transplanted from Earth have not acclimatized to the peaceful ways of the Ka'ats. They want to hunt and kill like they were used to doing. This behavior is illegal on Zimmorrah. The high council decides to take some of the dissidents to one of the many colony worlds settled by the Ka'ats many years ago. They take Jim and Elly Mae to serve as hands if necessary. When they get there, they are attacked by beetles the size of German Shepherds and wasps the size of turkeys along with many other insects of similar size. They finally locate the remnants of the colony which is in dire straits. They learn of a spaceship crash many years before that seemed to have caused all if the local wildlife to grow to immense proportions. Our intrepid band finds the wreckage an manage to stop the emanations that had caused the mutations. They hope that with time that the large insects will gradually revert to normal size. They leave the now-happy misfits to help guard the colony. The End. Later Kind Folks--Paul

I liked the third book best. They really should put all four into an omnibus They total 494 pages, but 45 of those are illustrations. Next up --Seven Spells to Sunday followed by Caroline and Maid-At-Arms(If I can locate my copy in this black hole that I call home.
Frontiers of any type, physical or mental are but a challenge to our breed. Nothing can stop th questing of man, not even man. If we will it, not only the wonders of space, but the very stars are ours

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Andre on "Jeopardy!" Jerrie 1 105 July 4th, 2022, 08:53 PM
Last Post: Irene
  Passing of Andre Norton, March 17, 2005 Irvkoch 49 31,346 July 2nd, 2022, 09:55 AM
  a vivid Andre Norton moment Jerrie 2 148 June 6th, 2022, 05:44 PM
Last Post: Michael
  Andre Norton inspired Martha Wells Jerrie 3 794 May 15th, 2022, 02:07 PM
Last Post: Lots-A-Watts
  Good News for Andre Lovers. Lots-A-Watts 5 599 December 3rd, 2021, 09:15 PM
  Andre's burial site Tudorlady419 3 479 November 24th, 2021, 12:43 PM
Last Post: Tudorlady419
  HUGE Andre Norton sale - today only! Jerrie 3 639 March 28th, 2021, 09:06 PM
  ebay listing - 70 Andre Norton books for sale chris.hakenkamp@gmail.com 1 664 November 19th, 2020, 09:01 AM
  Andre's Reading Corner - Nobble Warrior Meets with a Ghost Lots-A-Watts 1 413 November 4th, 2020, 08:13 PM
  Andre's Reading Corner - Hob's Pot Lots-A-Watts 0 432 October 23rd, 2020, 11:42 AM