Comic strips' take on internet fandom
I know I've posted at least one other thread about this, but I can't seem to find it. Anyway, since the modern age of technology allows people to comment instantly on comic strips online,
many of the writers poke fun at that. The venerable Funky Winkerbean strip has a number of "geek" characters, including one who has now grown up and works for the
equivalent of DC or Marvel. Anyway, this was from two days ago, and echoes almost word for word something I've posted here before:

Attached Files Image(s)

August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
Dilbert meanwhile had this take on hair-splitters the very same day:

Attached Files Image(s)

August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
Followed by this the very next day:

Attached Files Image(s)

Hahaha...good reminder to take "the internet" with a grain of salt.
Just in case it wasn't covered in one of those earlier threads, I'll bring up the Greater Internet ****wad Theory described in Penny Arcade: http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2004/03/19/
These are the images attached in posts above.

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=208&d=1428157014]

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=209&d=1428157102]

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=210&d=1428157168]
Michael, how do you get those images to show up like that? I can't find any commands that enable me to do that....:/
Well, after a couple of hours you can go back and grab the URL of the attachment. You have to wait because VBulletin has some crazy time limit thing.

So I just hover over the attachment link and use a right-click to grab the URL.

Then I use the [IMG][/IMG] UBB code to embed the URL in a post.

[IMG]attachment image URL[/IMG]
Aha! :clap: So waiting a few hours is the key! Thanks!
Dilbert strikes back.....

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=226&d=1433705032]
I'm afeared I don't see anythin' ...
Dilbert strikes back yet again:

Attached Files Image(s)

That's about the way I read some conversations among "skeptics". They'll do research on the Internet and believe certain blogs, but when it comes to science they can be a bit thin on the facts. Not that the people they are trying to debunk are any closer to being scientifically reliable, but the Internet has spoiled people with fast access to information of dubious value.
Yep, and unfortunately, when thy find that information, there's nothing to stop them from proclaiming "I've done my own research." There's no little thought balloon that pops up to say "Wait - am I smart enough to
process this information correctly?"

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SF Fandom turns 20 years old this month Michael 0 445 March 2nd, 2021, 10:07 PM
Last Post: Michael
  What makes a good comic/Disney villain? badlands 0 582 July 9th, 2018, 03:39 PM
Last Post: badlands
  After 21 years, internet trolls finally make the cover of Time Magazine august 4 1,020 September 3rd, 2016, 04:31 PM
Last Post: Boomstick
  Are there any websites that review comic books and comedians? badlands 2 642 June 26th, 2016, 06:40 PM
  Interwebometry on the Future of the Internet Michael 0 417 July 2nd, 2014, 09:18 PM
  Scientists discover shocking news about internet posters... august 1 908 April 19th, 2014, 11:20 PM
  RIP Dixie Harrison, co-founder of SF-Fandom Michael 12 4,255 March 16th, 2014, 09:49 PM
Last Post: FilmGuy
  2013 Christmas Greeting from SF-Fandom Michael 0 595 December 24th, 2013, 03:43 PM
  comic book and voice actors museum badlands 1 643 November 21st, 2013, 07:25 PM
  Forbes fails to understand the scope of Internet hackery Michael 0 702 February 13th, 2012, 12:31 AM