Bruce, Sam, Rob + Lucy reunite for an Evil Dead Army of Darkness series on Starz!
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
This is not going to go over well with Legend of the Seeker fans. Smile
The latest, from IGN - the show will be shot in NZ, with surely plenty of the usual suspects, and it will be half-hour episodes. Debut will be sometime this fall.
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
Looking forward to seeing what they do with this. I was taking a "wait and see" approach, even after they said they were working on it. Looks like it's really, REALLY going to happen, though!
Oh, I guess this is REALLY not going to go over well with the LOTS fans. I should see what they think of the news.
And, an image, presumably official!

Attached Files Image(s)

[COLOR="blue"]lasermn
[/COLOR]
:welcome:
Renee's American though, and lives in LA. :bg: Great to see you here! :clap:
Whoa! Good to see a name from the past!
Speaking of names from the past...

Quote:Xena is heading to the world of Deadites. In an interview with genre icon Bruce Campbell about his new game show
Last Fan Standing on the ConTV streaming network, the actor revealed Lucy Lawless would be appearing in the Starz
show Ash vs. Evil Dead.

(Lucy)jokingly said to warn him not to "screw up" or "ruin her franchise."

... this was his response:

"Dear Ms. Lawless: Hit your marks, say your lines, or you're fired."

..... Starz released further information confirming Lawless' casting, and announcing she'd be playing a character named Ruby. She is described as "a
mysterious figure who is myopic in her quest to hunt down the source of the recent Evil outbreaks ... the only problem: she believes that
Ash (Bruce Campbell) is the cause of it all."

When asked if he's at all worried about Lawless stealing a bit of the spotlight from him, Campbell said, "She is pretty good at stealing the spotlight, isn't she?"

"She is a beautiful woman who is very talented. I expect her to hog every one of our scenes, and I'll let her because she's Lucy Lawless; we want her to
be happy on the show, and we have a very good part for her."

The band is getting back together, with Raimi directing the pilot, in New Zealand this April for an air date of October. The series will be in the vein of
Army of Darkness, and will follow the character Ash as he recruits a younger team in his fight against evil Deadites.

Details at Blastr.com.
It's been over a month; any news/updates?
[COLOR="blue"]lasermn
[/COLOR]
Here's a brief promo trailer - just graphics and sound effects:

Ash vs. Evil Dead From YouTube
SF-Fandom not responsible for video content

SF-Fandom reserves the right to remove inappropriate video content from its discussions. YouTube may remove the video from its service without notification.

And the Starz press release.
Also the official Starz site - and the first poster:

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=212&d=1428937693]

Attached Files Image(s)

Shooting is under way in Auckland, according to http://www.stuff.co.nz/.

Quote:Production of Ash vs Evil Dead started on Wednesday and is expected to take the better part of the year.

Three hundred mostly local crew are working on the 10-part series at a repurposed warehouse in Penrose and at multiple locations around the city.

In Ash vs Evil Dead, American actor and director Bruce Campbell reprises his role from the original Evil Dead trilogy of movies. Ash is an aging lothario and chainsaw-handed monster hunter who has spent the last 30 years avoiding responsibility, maturity and the terrors of the Evil Dead. When a Deadite plague threatens to destroy all of mankind, Ash is finally forced to face his demons.

Screen Auckland manager Michael Brook said Ash vs Evil Dead was major boost for the local industry. "It's the kind of production that can really make a difference in terms of... providing good employment," he said. "We're really pleased because it's another production involving Rob Tapert. He's done an incredible job in bringing an amazing amount of work to Auckland over the last 15 to 20 years," Brook said.
Michael Hurst will direct two episodes - details here.

And then a tiny reference to Starz marketing the show for global distribution. This is presumably a better model for the new millennium than traditional syndication. Now, the network assumes much of the cost, but still does the equivalent of syndication for overseas markets.
WELL! :hellohands: They're getting the band back together! :clap: :party: Confusedun:

Quote:Starz Brings "Ash Vs Evil Dead" To Life - Production Begins On First TV Adapation Of Cult Franchise From Original Filmmakers Sam Raimi, Rob Tapert And Bruce Campbell

Beverly Hills, Calif., April 23, 2015 – The STARZ Original series “Ash vs Evil Dead” began production this month in New Zealand on the 10-episode first season of the half-hour series executive produced by Sam Raimi, Rob Tapert, Bruce Campbell, the original filmmakers of the franchise, and Craig DiGregorio who will serve as executive producer and showrunner. “Ash vs Evil Dead” is the long-awaited follow-up to the classic horror film franchise The Evil Dead and is set to premiere on STARZ in fall 2015.

Campbell will be reprising his role as Ash, the stock boy, aging lothario and chainsaw-handed monster hunter who has spent the last 30 years avoiding responsibility, maturity and the terrors of the Evil Dead. When a Deadite plague threatens to destroy all of mankind, Ash is finally forced to face his demons – personal and literal. Destiny, it turns out, has no plans to release the unlikely hero from its “Evil” grip.

The cast is led by Bruce Campbell (Evil Dead, “Burn Notice”Wink in the role of Ash Williams, Lucy Lawless (“Salem,” “Spartacus”Wink as Ruby, a mysterious figure who believes Ash is the cause of the Evil outbreaks, Ray Santiago (“Touch,” Meet the Fockers) as Pablo Simon Bolivar, an idealistic immigrant who becomes Ash’s loyal sidekick, Dana DeLorenzo (A Very Harold & Kumar 3D Christmas) as Kelly Maxwell, a moody wild child trying to outrun her past and Jill Marie Jones (“Sleepy Hollow”Wink as Amanda Fisher, a disgraced Michigan State Trooper set to find our anti-hero Ash and prove his responsibility in the grisly murder of her partner.

Raimi is directing the first episode of “Ash vs Evil Dead” that he wrote with Ivan Raimi (Darkman, Army of Darkness, Drag Me to Hell), Craig DiGregorio (“Workaholics,” “Chuck”Wink and Tom Spezialy (“Chuck,” “Reaper,” “Desperate Housewives”Wink. Raimi will also serve as executive producer, with Rob Tapert (Evil Dead, “Spartacus,” Xena: Warrior Princess”Wink and Bruce Campbell (Evil Dead, “Burn Notice”Wink along with Craig DiGregorio (“Workaholics,” “Chuck”Wink who will serve as executive producer/showrunner. Ivan Raimi will co-executive produce and Aaron Lam (“Spartacus”Wink and Chloe Smith (“Spartacus”Wink will serve as producers.

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=215&d=1429968731]

Attached Files Image(s)

And more, at Blastr from a press conference with the gang:

Quote:Q: What can we expect from this series tonally? Would it be more in line with sort of the comedic elements of Army of Darkness, or is it sort of more hard-line horror?

Sam Raimi: We have elements of the Evil dead films, which have always -- like you say -- had very hard-edged, intense horror designed to really frighten the audience. And no holds
barred there. Starz has really taken the reins off of us and allowed us to go to town and thrill the audience, chill them, and scare the heck out of them. But also, as you mentioned,
there is a comedic element that is alive in this, and it's the thing we found the audience has always liked the most about the Evil Dead movies. More and more, we seem to realize
the thing that made them different was Bruce Campbell. And, more and more, we brought him to the forefront of the pictures.

Q: Will this series live in the same universe as Army of Darkness and Evil Dead?

Rob Tapert: The answer to that question is it doesn't really exist in the exact same universe. It's a slightly altered universe. It takes place somewhere in an alternate
universe after Evil Dead 2. That might seem like a confusing answer, but that's the -- I don't want to spoil too much for the audience, but that's the truest answer I can give
you ... We would be seeing similar locations, meaning it lives in a modern-day world with Ash battling evil in this era, the modern day. Ash went through that
experience [of Army of Darkness], but we're not really referencing it in terms of we're not referencing specifics from that but he certainly has that in his memory.

Sam Raimi: We kind of want to take a politician's stance on that. We neither want to deny nor confirm that. We want the audience to be open with no previous expectations coming
into the show. We want them to have seen one or all of the Evil Deads and be completely up to date on everything they need to know. So we really kind of designed it to live
outside to having to have seen any of the movies.

Q: How is Ash still sane? Why is he not just a total basket case at this point in his life?

Bruce Campbell: What makes you think he's not? He is a basket case. We're going to find, you know, Ash is potentially damaged goods, and God forbid, this is our hero -- which is what
really appeals to me, personally, as an actor. You know, you have a lead guy who in Army of Darkness was responsible for the deaths of hundreds of people because he couldn't remember three words.

Rob Tapert: Yes, he's no finer or nobler or saner of a character than when we last saw him. In fact, if anything, I think he's digressed. He's certainly aged quite a bit. And his courage
hasn't been whipped up to a frenzy, let's put it that way. He's kind of sunk into some of his lowest -- all of our lowest instincts, and that's where we find him. And it's from that low point
that I think our hero will have to be born. That's the start of our show.

Q: I'm curious about sort of the writers' room and the scripts as they come together, how involved are each of you in breaking the stories and writing? And how many scripts have you actually gotten through so far?

Rob Tapert: I'm going to speak on everyone's behalf. So, Sam and his brother, Ivan, have been involved of the room every spare second until Sam got down here to start prepping. And the
head writer has been down here the past couple of weeks, Craig DiGregorio, and we continue to talk through each of the episodes. We're exactly where we should be with the start of shooting.
We've got, like, six scripts and some outlines in hand, so we're all very much involved in the creative process.

Q: {To Bruce] I wonder would you have even entertained the idea of being involved with the series if neither [Raimi nor Tapert] were on board.

Bruce Campbell: No I would not, not in any way. I wouldn't have touched it with a 10-foot pole. Sam is our leader. He's our fearless leader. All these movies
have sprouted from his very ripe brain. And it just -- and Sam's the best director I've ever worked with. I'm just going to say that. And I know that him being involved, it was mandatory that he is involved in this thing and we're going to get him as long as we can get him. We'll get him as
often as we can get him. And the other directors are just going to have to suck it up and try and chase after what he's going to deliver in this pilot, which we've been shooting.
So no, this is mandatory. And, you know, I'm going to be in touch with Sam even on the episodes that he's not directing, because I've never been directed by anyone else as this character.

Q: Ash has been notoriously unlucky in love. Will the series find him meeting the special someone? Is that something might be coming our way?

Sam Raimi: I think you're right, but I think those girls that he's been in love with have been slightly more unlucky than him. :laugh:
Thanks for keeping us up to date
[COLOR="blue"]lasermn
[/COLOR]

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Big Grin Preview of the (latest) Evil Dead video game, as narrated by Bruce himself august 1 418 June 29th, 2021, 06:47 PM
Last Post: Boomstick
  Go Bruce - it's your birthday... august 47 7,217 June 22nd, 2021, 04:11 PM
Last Post: august
  Videos: Lucy Lawless interviews about Xena: Warrior Princess Michael 0 383 April 7th, 2021, 04:35 PM
Last Post: Michael
Big Grin Evil Dead Rise! august 2 345 March 14th, 2021, 11:03 PM
Last Post: Boomstick
Wink Bruce Campbell to star in ABC sitcom ? august 0 261 March 11th, 2021, 07:41 PM
  Believe it! Bruce Campbell is reviving Ripley's Believe It or Not! august 8 1,248 June 7th, 2019, 08:00 PM
  Happy Birthday Lucy Lawless! august 32 6,154 March 29th, 2019, 02:03 PM
  Bruce Campbell memes from all over august 0 527 March 26th, 2019, 05:13 PM
  Evil Dead the Musical - live (after a fashion) on stage in Columbia SC! august 10 1,882 February 27th, 2019, 02:34 PM
  Bruce Campbell on AMC's Lodge 49 august 0 521 September 16th, 2018, 07:26 PM