Bruce, Sam, Rob + Lucy reunite for an Evil Dead Army of Darkness series on Starz!

Attached Files Image(s)

August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
A slightly different version of the Blastr.com interview with Sam, Bruce and Rob (above) is here - apparently it was sort of a round-table interview/press conference with several reporters.

An article detailing episode directors is here.

They include:
  • Michael J. Bassett, who did the big-screen genre films Solomon Kane, Deathwatch,and Silent Hill: Revelation 3D
  • David Frazee, a prolific Canadian cinematographer and director who has worked on DaVinci's Inquest, Orphan Black, Flashpoint, Crazy Canucks :crazy: :jester: and *cough* Behind the Camera: The Unauthorized Story of Diff'rent Strokes
  • Michael Hurst :clap:
  • Tony Tilse, a prolific Australian director who has worked on Farscape and dozens of other shows
  • Rick Jacobson, veteran alum of Xena, HTLJ, Cleo, and Spartacus, who will direct the season finale

As anticipated, Joe LoDuca (credited in the article above as "Joe DeLuca :laugh: ) is doing the music, although Rob added:

Quote:“We’re also working with some older classic rock music from the 70’s and early 80’s because
Ash became stunted due to the developments in his life,” he adds, “and hasn’t gone past those
moments.”

Bob Murawski, who won an Oscar for The Hurt Locker, and has edited most of Sam's films since Army of Darkness, will be editing the first episode.
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
I was at Comic-Con, and I do kind of regret not trying to go to the panel. You have to pick and choose what you're willing to wait in line for, though, and there were a few
signings that were more meaningful to me than a large panel. I figured they probably would film the Evil Dead panel, and I could watch it online later.

I didn't go through the Evil Dead booth, either, cause there was constantly a line for it. They were giving away these cool chainsaw foam fingers. I'm sure they're all over eBay
at this point! The trailer looks pretty spot-on, though. From what I've seen fan reaction has been really positive. I hope it's a hit for them.
Boomstick Wrote:I was at Comic-Con, and I do kind of regret not trying to go to the panel. You have to pick and choose what you're willing to wait in line for, though, and there were a few
signings that were more meaningful to me than a large panel. I figured they probably would film the Evil Dead panel, and I could watch it online later.

I didn't go through the Evil Dead booth, either, cause there was constantly a line for it. They were giving away these cool chainsaw foam fingers. I'm sure they're all over eBay
at this point! The trailer looks pretty spot-on, though. From what I've seen fan reaction has been really positive. I hope it's a hit for them.

So you've got to post a thread about what you did see!
And for those of us who don't get Starz - here's the first four minutes of Ash vs Evil Dead, which not only premieres tonight, but has been picked up for
a second season before the first has even debuted! Details here. (Warning: the clip is extremely R-rated. :bg: )

Ash vs. Evil Dead - first 4 minutes! From YouTube
SF-Fandom not responsible for video content

SF-Fandom reserves the right to remove inappropriate video content from its discussions. YouTube may remove the video from its service without notification.

And a review of the first episode (directed by Sam Raimi) in the NY Times is here.

Attached Files Image(s)

It's too bad that Starz doesn't make their stuff available on any of the major services like Amazon or Hulu. I can't justify adding a premium channel for one show, so I'll have to wait for the dvd release. Probably be a long wait!
OH! I forgot to post it here - they stuck the entire first episode for free online!

El Jefe From YouTube
SF-Fandom not responsible for video content

SF-Fandom reserves the right to remove inappropriate video content from its discussions. YouTube may remove the video from its service without notification.
Whoa! Thanks for posting that!
OK, I posted that one via Youtube without listening, and it seems not to have the soundtrack - but the real episode is still available - free and legal - at the Starz website.
The trailer for the season finale is here.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Big Grin Preview of the (latest) Evil Dead video game, as narrated by Bruce himself august 1 277 June 29th, 2021, 06:47 PM
Last Post: Boomstick
  Go Bruce - it's your birthday... august 47 6,453 June 22nd, 2021, 04:11 PM
Last Post: august
  Videos: Lucy Lawless interviews about Xena: Warrior Princess Michael 0 251 April 7th, 2021, 04:35 PM
Last Post: Michael
Big Grin Evil Dead Rise! august 2 220 March 14th, 2021, 11:03 PM
Last Post: Boomstick
Wink Bruce Campbell to star in ABC sitcom ? august 0 176 March 11th, 2021, 07:41 PM
  Believe it! Bruce Campbell is reviving Ripley's Believe It or Not! august 8 1,037 June 7th, 2019, 08:00 PM
  Happy Birthday Lucy Lawless! august 32 5,753 March 29th, 2019, 02:03 PM
  Bruce Campbell memes from all over august 0 458 March 26th, 2019, 05:13 PM
  Evil Dead the Musical - live (after a fashion) on stage in Columbia SC! august 10 1,738 February 27th, 2019, 02:34 PM
  Bruce Campbell on AMC's Lodge 49 august 0 455 September 16th, 2018, 07:26 PM