Andre Reading Club--Wheel of Stars
Two years ago, Gwennan Daggart, librarian of a small New Hampshire town inherited the job from her aunt. While she is researching about Ley Lines and Standing Stones and such stuff she discovers that she shares this interest with the mysterious Lady Lyle, the owner of the big creepy mansion on the edge of town. She then meets Tor Lyle, Lady Lyle's stranger kinsman. She starts having beautiful dreams and horrible nightmares about having lived through many lives and incarnations. Through all these visions she witnesses the "end of the world" type catastrophes in a repeating cycle as the universe spins. Strange, horrible creatures have been appearing as of late and Gwennan, along with the rest of the town, is spooked. These monsters give off an awful stench and Gwennan witnesses a confrontation between a host of them led by Tor Lyle and a younger version of Lady riding a huge Stag. Both sides want to recruit Gwennan to their side, but she wants nothing to do with either one. Staying neutral in this millennia- long struggle is very difficult if not impossible as the dreams and visions continue. What is real and what is illusion? Who can she Trust? At 318 pages, this is not a quick read. :book: Later Kind Folks--Paul

On a personal note, this book is 31 years old and when I opened up the beautiful Victoria Poyser cover, it was so brittle that it broke off in my hand. By the way, the interior has several very nice Chris Miller illustrations.

Next up--Gryphon's Eyrie, the swashbuckling Stand And Deliver, Were Wrath, and Forerunner-The Second Venture
Frontiers of any type, physical or mental are but a challenge to our breed. Nothing can stop th questing of man, not even man. If we will it, not only the wonders of space, but the very stars are ours
I was going to rush to the reading wall, and pull this one down. I do NOT remember the ending (hence time to re-read).

Thank you on the warning on the glue. I'll be very careful.
Irene
I wish it were the glue. The paper itself was brittle and I lost a few pieces from the edges . I finally ended up laminating the whole cover with scotch tape. Later Kind Folks--Paul Confusedad:
Frontiers of any type, physical or mental are but a challenge to our breed. Nothing can stop th questing of man, not even man. If we will it, not only the wonders of space, but the very stars are ours
Is the frail cover on the Tor paperback version of the book? I have a couple of those, and mine still seem to be in good shape. Or do you have a hardcover with a disintegrating dust jacket?
It is a Tor PB. On the shelf it looked OK. When I picked it up and opened the cover, it broke off. It later lost a few chips. I taped all the edges to protect them and then I taped the cover back onto the book.. Later Kind Folks--Paul

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Andre on "Jeopardy!" Jerrie 1 122 July 4th, 2022, 08:53 PM
Last Post: Irene
  Passing of Andre Norton, March 17, 2005 Irvkoch 49 31,407 July 2nd, 2022, 09:55 AM
  a vivid Andre Norton moment Jerrie 2 162 June 6th, 2022, 05:44 PM
Last Post: Michael
  Andre Norton inspired Martha Wells Jerrie 3 811 May 15th, 2022, 02:07 PM
Last Post: Lots-A-Watts
  Good News for Andre Lovers. Lots-A-Watts 5 612 December 3rd, 2021, 09:15 PM
  Andre's burial site Tudorlady419 3 491 November 24th, 2021, 12:43 PM
Last Post: Tudorlady419
  No Night Without Stars - Discussion Marron4Gateau 0 278 June 22nd, 2021, 09:43 PM
Last Post: Marron4Gateau
  The Game of Stars and Comets Lots-A-Watts 2 573 June 9th, 2021, 12:06 AM
  HUGE Andre Norton sale - today only! Jerrie 3 650 March 28th, 2021, 09:06 PM
  ebay listing - 70 Andre Norton books for sale chris.hakenkamp@gmail.com 1 673 November 19th, 2020, 09:01 AM