My review "Transformers: Age of Extinction" - Ick
Well, having waited several years for this movie I insisted on seeing it on Friday. I wish now I had waited. I should have used the tickets to watch "Maleficent" or "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" again.

"Transformers: The Age of Boredom" runs about 3 hours long. That's four hours too many in my book.

The actors are all fine actors. They just don't have much of anything to work with.

I don't know the animated Transformers history so I had trouble keeping up with who-is-who in this one. Optimus Prime is in there somewhere.

Um, it's long.

We laughed at some of the jokes.

There was a lot of action.

The cinematography was unbelievable, incredibly bad, in my opinion. There are so many cuts and transition shots that I doubt they'll have much complaining about continuity with this movie. There simply IS no continuity.

A lot of people on Twitter are complaining that Shia LaBeouf should have been in this movie. I agree. Mark Wahlberg is a fine actor but he just couldn't save the movie.

I don't ask that a Transformers movie actually make sense. I do ask, however, that the plot be followable. This plot was all over the place. I couldn't figure out why a perfectly fine radio psychologist from Seattle was masquerading as an evil CIA guy.

Stanley Tucci actually turned out to be a decent, honest bloke -- whereas the trailers all made it look like he was some dude with a bad hair day.

At least in "The Hunger Games" Tucci makes an evil character lovable. Here he makes an evil character walk through what has to be one of the worst scripts in modern film history.

I can't think of anything else good to say so I'll just leave it here.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Transformers Beast wars badlands 1 144 March 30th, 2022, 12:28 AM
Last Post: Michael
  Video: History Buffs 2016 Review of 'Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World' Michael 2 1,007 June 21st, 2020, 10:35 AM
  old Transformers movie 1986 badlands 1 319 September 17th, 2018, 05:34 PM
  Bumblebee movie trailer for you transformers fans badlands 2 473 June 24th, 2018, 12:38 AM
  Michael's Review of "Muder on the Orient Express" (2017) Michael 1 789 November 24th, 2017, 11:30 PM
Last Post: badlands
  Michael's Review of "Alien: Covenant" Michael 1 451 June 28th, 2017, 10:03 PM
Last Post: Ingvanye
  Transformers: The Last Knight - Michael's Review Michael 0 388 June 25th, 2017, 10:44 PM
  Where is the Cars3 review? badlands 2 434 June 21st, 2017, 05:42 AM
  Video: June 2017 trailer for "Transformers: The Last Knight" FilmGuy 1 379 June 9th, 2017, 11:40 PM
Last Post: FilmGuy
  Video: New trailer for "Transformers 5: The Last Knight 'Dinobots'" FilmGuy 1 407 March 15th, 2017, 12:15 AM
Last Post: FilmGuy