Evil Dead the Musical - live (after a fashion) on stage in Columbia SC!

Attached Files Image(s)

August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
As promised, here you go! Review is at OnStage Columbia.

Some photos can be found here.
ed. to add: here's another review, by my friend Jillian, at What Jasper Said.
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
Boomstick you will appreciate this - two years after the show, the Free Times (one of the local publications I write for) had its annual "Best of Columbia" party, which had a zombie theme this year.
Trustus, the theatre that produced Evil Dead, won for "best theatre," and so Michael Hazin, the Ash actor, dug up his costume:

Attached Files Image(s)

august Wrote:Boomstick you will appreciate this - two years after the show, the Free Times (one of the local publications I write for) had its annual "Best of Columbia" party, which had a zombie theme this year.
Trustus, the theatre that produced Evil Dead, won for "best theatre," and so Michael Hazin, the Ash actor, dug up his costume:

That's great! Really good costume, too! Did he make that on his own, or is it common for actors to keep costumes that are made for them?
In this case, I think they just stored the costume away in a warehouse - costumes are often reused in other shows, and at Trustus, which only has c.135 seats, popular shows
are often brought back a year or two later for a second run, sometimes with the same cast. The props - chainsaw, rifle + holster - definitely were saved for future use.
The costumes for the show were done by a professional costumer... although by that I mean she got paid. She also acts, does make-up, and I believe arranges
Disney Princess parties for little girls. She was also in the show as ... whatever the archaeologist girl's name is who comes in in the second film.

As far as keeping costumes, it depends on the theatre and the show, since in modern dress shows sometimes actors provide their own clothes, especially in smaller, lower-budget
theatre groups. But Normally they just get stashed away for future use.
So a little film clip of the party can be found here, with a few shots of Ash in action.
august Wrote:So a little film clip of the party can be found here, with a few shots of Ash in action.

I like the Ash vs Freddy going on there. Especially since there were rumors of that happening (or maybe just fans wishing it would) back in the day.
august Wrote:In this case, I think they just stored the costume away in a warehouse - costumes are often reused in other shows, and at Trustus, which only has c.135 seats, popular shows
are often brought back a year or two later for a second run, sometimes with the same cast.

As far as keeping costumes, it depends on the theatre and the show, since in modern dress shows sometimes actors provide their own clothes, especially in smaller, lower-budget
theatre groups. But Normally they just get stashed away for future use.

And indeed, Evil Dead the Musical is returning this weekend to the same theatre, with about half the original cast (including the Ash actor.)

Attached Files Image(s)

Deadites always like to get their freak on, and when they get together, they Do the Necronomicon!

My review of the revival is at Onstage Columbia, and an edited-down version is at the Free Times. (So click on both of those and boost those hit counts.) :crazy:

And have I mentioned how difficult it is to review a new version of something you've reviewed before? You'd think it would be easy... unless you want to make a point not to repeat
yourself. I've had to do this more and more in the last year or two, with Twelfth Night, King Lear, Willy Wonka, and Harvey among others.
Clicked and clicked!
Young Michael the Ash actor finally got to meet Bruce at a convention:

Attached Files Image(s)

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Big Grin Preview of the (latest) Evil Dead video game, as narrated by Bruce himself august 1 146 June 29th, 2021, 06:47 PM
Last Post: Boomstick
Big Grin Evil Dead Rise! august 2 157 March 14th, 2021, 11:03 PM
  Gina Torres on the Today Show...live from the Royal Wedding! august 0 339 May 18th, 2018, 05:34 PM
Last Post: august
  Vicky Pratt in House of the Dead 2: Dead Aim august 38 5,471 November 7th, 2017, 01:26 PM
Last Post: Michael
  Bruce promoting Ash vs. Evil Dead august 1 398 October 11th, 2016, 06:18 PM
  Lucy Lawless and season 2 of "Ash vs. Evil Dead" august 0 412 September 6th, 2016, 11:02 AM
  Raimi + Tapert reunite with Evil Dead director Fede Alvarez for "Don't Breathe" august 0 323 August 22nd, 2016, 10:43 AM
  Season 2 trailer for Ash vs. Evil Dead august 0 383 July 20th, 2016, 06:32 PM
  The band is back together! Ted Raimi joins Ash vs Evil Dead for Season 2! august 1 498 February 12th, 2016, 04:03 PM
  Bruce, Sam, Rob + Lucy reunite for an Evil Dead Army of Darkness series on Starz! august 31 2,601 December 27th, 2015, 06:08 PM