New title at Baen.com
There is a new Andre Norton title at Baen this month: CHILDREN OF THE GATES
This collects HERE ABIDE MONSTERS and YURTH BURDEN

It is on their site where they normally put Paperback editions, but this appears to have been published last May, and perhaps just now out in ebook or mass-market.
Irene
I saw it a few weeks ago in our local scifi bookstore on a shelf for newer additions, so I think you're right about it just coming out.

I have a question for collectors: What do you think of these Baen collections? More opportunity to collect stuff? Or more hassle? I'm not really a collector, so I can't trust my instincts on this question.
The new listing of "Children of the Gates" is the "mass market paperback" edition whereas the "trade-paper" first edition came out last may.

This coming May brings us "Secret of the Stars" by BAEN containing "Secret of the Lost Race" and "Star Hunter"

and of course "Tales from High Hallack: volume 2"

If anything the BEAN books give people a new reading copy of old out-of-print stories. (and keeps me busy chasing whether or not some new title belongs to Andre.):drool:
"Not everything that can be counted counts and not everything that counts can be counted"
Andre Norton's website - andre-norton.com
rkomar Wrote:I have a question for collectors: What do you think of these Baen collections? More opportunity to collect stuff? Or more hassle? I'm not really a collector, so I can't trust my instincts on this question.
It depends, of course, on how much of a completist you are. As Jay says, at the least they are good to replace worn-out oldies (and they are first editions in their own right). When the Beast Master omnibus came out, I bought it--since I only had one of the two in my collection in hardcover, and didn't have any of the Star Soldiers stories. I had several of the Forerunner novels already, so I skipped that one. As you probably know, I don't find these paperbacks as appealing...
I'm afraid that I haven't bee purchasing these Omnibus editions. But I definitely support Baen Press in publishing them.

I have too much stuff right now. No place to put new books. I'm even trying to let my still-warm hands unwrap from around my McCaffrey books.

Already owning 5 copies of HERE ABIDE MONSTERS, and 3 of YURTH (+3 non-English), means that I don't need a reading copy.
Irene
Irene Wrote:I'm afraid that I haven't been purchasing these Omnibus editions. But I definitely support Baen Press in publishing them.
Oh, absolutely! I don't know if I will get all three of the short story collections, but I did have to buy the first one!
Quote:Oh, absolutely! I don't know if I will get all three of the short story collections, but I did have to buy the first one!

The short stories that appear in volumes 2 & 3 of Tales from High Hallack are the rare ones. Unless you have obtained some 40 different paperback anthologies and magazines, you have not had the honor of reading some of Andre's finest work. It's a rare author that can create an entire world of vivid characters in less than 30 pages, and Andre does it over and over. Although it is a shame that she didn't expand a few of them into full novels that equal her other works. I say it's well worth it to purchase either the print or ebook versions and read the stories.
"Not everything that can be counted counts and not everything that counts can be counted"
Andre Norton's website - andre-norton.com

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Baen Book reminder Irene 4 812 May 24th, 2021, 09:31 PM
Last Post: Michael
  New(to me,anyway) Alternate title Paul Goode 3 703 August 30th, 2016, 02:16 PM
Last Post: Paul Goode
  Very~Rare Norton title just discovered! Lots-A-Watts 10 1,256 May 7th, 2016, 06:24 PM
Last Post: rkomar
  Another new title from BAEN Lots-A-Watts 2 562 September 13th, 2013, 06:36 PM
Last Post: jmelsna
  New Baen releases Taliesin 0 543 October 7th, 2012, 08:33 PM
Last Post: Taliesin
  New Title and other releases Lots-A-Watts 7 1,132 December 13th, 2011, 06:54 AM
  New Title is Out Paul Goode 5 1,121 January 20th, 2011, 12:01 PM
Last Post: Paul Goode
  Possible new book from Baen Lots-A-Watts 20 2,367 November 25th, 2009, 02:50 AM
Last Post: Marron4Gateau
  Really New Title Paul Goode 19 2,432 December 12th, 2007, 11:40 AM
Last Post: catsrule1
  New Title - Again! Lots-A-Watts 5 1,953 November 18th, 2007, 11:04 AM