Quick trivia
Off the top of your heads,

How many Andre Norton books have subtitles?

Name them.

Later Kind Folks--Paul
Frontiers of any type, physical or mental are but a challenge to our breed. Nothing can stop th questing of man, not even man. If we will it, not only the wonders of space, but the very stars are ours
Probably just the earliest, as it was common practice in the 1930's and 40's to do that. Probably Prince Commands, Follow the Drum, and Ralestone Luck?
ROGUE REYNARD also.

The following is purely from my fractured memory: DAYBREAK, and maybe OPAL EYED FAN or GREEN JADE FOX - heck, I'm not even sure (today) that I have that title correct - need more coffee
Irene
Huon of the Horn, I would bet...
Honest mistake, CATSRULE1. Without looking,I too, would have put Ralestone Luck on the list. According to the Harrison/Schlobin biblio,. the subtitled books are:
The Prince Commands
Follow the Drum
Rogue Reynard
Scarface
Huon of the Horn
Three Against The Witch World *

Later Kind Folks--Paul:book:

*ps. OK I guess "Beyond the Mind Barrier" was a pretty short subtitle
Frontiers of any type, physical or mental are but a challenge to our breed. Nothing can stop th questing of man, not even man. If we will it, not only the wonders of space, but the very stars are ours
Paul Goode Wrote:*ps. OK I guess "Beyond the Mind Barrier" was a pretty short subtitle

I thought that was one of those blurbs they print on the cover.
It is obvious that I don't remember what was in the ANDRE NORTON: PRIMARY AND SECONDARY BIBLIOGRAPHY Roger Schlobin/Irene Harrison

But I surely do not remember THREE AGAINST THE WITCH WORLD having a secondary title.

I suppose I need to check the primary source (theTHREE book itself)
Irene
It is on the front cover of the First edition (Ace F-332), the one with that interesting Jack Gaughan cover and interior illustration. Most blurbs are credited; this phrase is not. That and its location on the cover right directly beneath the Title and the fact that it is centered is why I put on the list. I am not sure whether if it shows on any other edition. Could someone check the Gregg Press edition as I cannot easily access mine at this moment. Do you think this could have been a working title? She did occasionally use them. Later Kind Folks--Paul:book:
Assuming that I remember. My Gregg Press edition is easier to reach than the Paper.
Irene
I wasn't suggesting that it really was a blurb, just that that was my first impression of it. "Beyond the Mind Barrier" doesn't make sense as a blurb once you give it a little thought.
The only places that I can find Three Against the Witch World combined with the words "Beyond the Mind Barrier" is on the front cover of the first two ACE paperback editions and it is not used inside the cover. So you decide what that means.
"Not everything that can be counted counts and not everything that counts can be counted"
Andre Norton's website - andre-norton.com
It's not in the Gregg Press edition...

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trivia time Paul Goode 11 1,073 March 24th, 2017, 04:36 PM
Last Post: Paul Goode
  A bit of Murders for Sale Trivia questions Paul Goode 4 870 December 13th, 2015, 11:39 AM
  Nearly Impossible Trivia time again Paul Goode 16 2,088 August 27th, 2009, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Lots-A-Watts
  Garan of Yu-Lac Interesting Trivia Lots-A-Watts 4 1,432 October 3rd, 2008, 09:11 AM
Last Post: Lots-A-Watts
  just a quick question manicmelanie 1 1,453 November 1st, 2007, 09:49 AM
Last Post: catsrule1
  Trivia question Paul Goode 8 1,832 November 14th, 2005, 06:53 PM
  Trivia Quiz Joseph_Goldin 5 1,423 June 6th, 2004, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Paul B.
  trivia asked and answered Ed M. 1 1,068 December 14th, 2003, 08:45 PM
Last Post: Irene