Estate tax
Ok, I mentioned this in another thread, and realized it should have its own home.

The "Death Tax" is, in my opinion, the worst of all taxes on the board. These funds/assets have already been taxed once (at least) as they have been amassed. Dying sucks enough already. Why is it that, if I save all my life to bequeath something to my kids, the government gets to wet it's beak again?
Always after a defeat and a respite, the Shadow takes another shape and grows again.

I don't have any humble opinions.
The idea is to prevent dynasties of the super-wealthy who contribute little to society. I plan to die broke, myself. Smile
Yes, I'm aware of the theory. However, forgetting the ultra rich, imagine a family that builds a business over 40-50 years. They forego taking distributions, and live frugally (think farmland). When the principal dies, he has 5 million worth of land. Oops, the death tax hits, and the business has to be sold (from the 99 to the 1, of course)
Always after a defeat and a respite, the Shadow takes another shape and grows again.

I don't have any humble opinions.
Technically, we still have dynasties of the super-rich who contribute little to society -- although I believe that Reality TV is starting to change that.

MYCode Guide