January 2013 IP Address Changes
Sectorlink, our hosting provider, sent out a notice last month saying that our server had been assigned new IP addresses and we had 30 days to make the change. I have been very ill for the past several weeks (I feel like I am on the Magical Mystical Influenza Tour, having now come down with 2 out of 3 strains).

Assuming I can get together with them on time all should proceed relatively smoothly and you won't notice a thing.

However, at some point you may wake up to find that SF-Fandom, Xenite.Org, and other sites are not online. I don't know how much work is involved but I will try to get this done ASAP.

It all about changing some configuration files -- apparently lots of them.
So this change in IP addresses did lead to some problems after all. I was sick as a dog and had to muddle my way through some issues with help from Sectorlink. I know that some cookie problems occurred.

If anyone is still having issues, please feel free to contact me.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  September 14, 2013 Server Downtime = Chinese hackers BoardAdmin 5 910 October 21st, 2013, 09:10 AM
Last Post: Nightspore
  Apology for August 29, 2013 Server Outages BoardAdmin 0 518 August 30th, 2013, 01:20 AM
Last Post: BoardAdmin
  Regarding the April 2013 Server Downtime Michael 0 731 May 4th, 2013, 04:52 AM
Last Post: Michael
  January 10 notice of change in 1934 US Communications Act Forum Administrator 0 2,042 January 10th, 2006, 07:54 PM
Last Post: Forum Administrator