The Mordomin Gateway
Introduction to Mordomin  (revised September 29th, 2019)

Mordomin and the War of the Ring
The Road to Isengard
A Dark Mission for Mordomin  October 20th, 2012
Taurn Daerebor  October 20th, 2012
The Road and the Sword  October 20th, 2012
The Way of the White Wizard October 20th, 2012
Mordomin in Rohan
An Elf Remembered in Fangorn Forest  January 17th, 2013
A Rumor of War in Westfold  January 17th, 2013
An Elf Forgotten in Rohan January 25th, 2013
The Tunnels of the Worm January 26th, 2013
The Dweller in the Dark February 16, 2013.
The Wizard and the Sword February 27, 2013
Liar and Thief  March 14, 2013
Lord of the Caves   March 14, 2013
The Scouring of Edoras April 21, 2013
Dunharrow April 30, 2013

Mordomin and the Last Battles of the Third Age
Morthond  May 21, 2013
Pelargir and the River May 5th, 2014
The Race to the Harlond  May 21st, 2014
Mordomin on the Pelennor July 12, 2014
Before the Council  July 26, 2014
Captain Mordomin August 2, 2014
The Road to Mordor September 25, 2014
The Battle before the Black Gate September 26, 2014
The Passing of the Sword  October 18, 2014
The End of the Curse November 13, 2014

Other Mordomin Stories
First Age
Of Mordomin and the Flight of Elwing February 5th, 2015
Of Mordomin and the War of Wrath July 19th, 2015

Third Age, 1409
The King's Champion  May 7th, 2006

Celebrían and the Black Hand
Third Age, 2509
The Taking of Celebrían  June 14th, 2020
The Succor of Celebrían  June 14th, 2020

Third Age, 2748
The Wayhouse (revised 3/31/2015)

The Snow Queen
Third Age, 2758
The Long Winter March 4th, 2016
The Spear Re-forged April 28th, 2016
The Return of the Black Wolf May 7th, 2016

Nemesis
Third Age, 2826
Doppelganger July 2, 2016
Third Age, 2827
Harvomôr August 8, 2016
Third Age, 2834
Nemesis August 8, 2016 - revised February 4, 2017

The Ring of Kings
Third Age, 2930
A Ring's Ransom December 21st, 2006
Third Age, 2951
The Price of Kingship January 1st, 2007

The Dragonstone
Third Age, 2934
A Messenger Comes to Rivendell April 12th, 2017
The Quest for the Stone August 19th, 2017
The Finding of the Stone September 9th, 2017
The Fate of the Stone  September 17th, 2017
Destroyer of Dragons  March 10th, 2018

Third Age, date uncertain, between 2951 and 2980
Sun Return  October 30th, 2006

Third Age, 2980
The Journey of Aragorn through Moria October 14th, 2015
The Memory is Very Evil November 3rd, 2015

A tale of the Second Age, as told by/to characters in the Third Age
An Evil Chance October 24th, 2006 A tale regarding the origins of Friday the 13th
"Never ask an Elf for advice, for he will say both 'Yes' and 'No'." - Frodo Baggins to Gildor Inglorion
I've changed it to "Goblin-wrought". But I doubt that will be the title when I actually post it.

2/15: Nope, I've changed it to "The Dweller in the Dark". Still a working title.

Sounds too HP Lovecraftian.

2/16: I went with it anyway. On to the next chapter! Fussing about titles can come later.
"Never ask an Elf for advice, for he will say both 'Yes' and 'No'." - Frodo Baggins to Gildor Inglorion
Nice index for your stories. I am sharing this thread on Twitter and Google+ to see if more people will take an interest in your work.
Thank you, Michael. Maybe authors that post multiple stories in the same 'mythos' could use my idea as a model. I mean, here on Xenite.

What am I saying? Authors that write stories across as many genres as Xenite supports could still use a "hub". They are, of course, welcome to use mine as a starting point. Smile

A little of copying and pasting here, and little deleting content and substituting your own content there and you can also have a story hub.

If anyone embarks on such a plan, I wish you the best with it. Smile
:::Spoiler Alert::: If Gandalf can return from the dead, then so can Mordomin!

(Granted that is a silly comparison...)
Yes, there are two new Mordomin chapters this month. Apparently, I can only write these days when I am on the train either going to or coming from work in the Big City. Since I am currently employed doing just that, hopefully I will be able to bring this series to a conclusion before the paychecks run out. That, anyway, is the goal. Smile Sorry about the time lag between chapters; I never gave up on it entirely, I just rarely sat down to write w/o distractions.
Wow, I just discovered this and will check it out. I guess this forum can be a blog as well for stories. Smile
Enjoy! And feel free to post questions. Btw, a number of the 'regulars' over on the "JRR Tolkien and Middle-earth" blog have read these Mordomin stories and have opinions about them - if you can get them to talk. Smile
I'll get to the other stories, eventually.
"The End of the Curse" is the conclusion of "Mordomin and the War of the Ring".

Now I have to re-write the story about the Wayhouse. That story has been lurking for a while, though.

Then there is the chaining of Mordomin to write about. People want to know about that, too, not least because Mordomin spoke to Eowyn about being confined, and his particular hatred for it.

So, despite my having killed off the character, I seem to have a lot of writing about him left to do.
A funny thing happened on the way to the Mordomin gateway the other day. I couldn't find it.

I wanted to use it to copy all of the chapters from the recently-completed "Mordomin and the War of the Ring" into a single file, so that I could more easily use it to update my timeline spreadsheet.

So, naturally, I went to the "Fan Fiction and Poems" page. That's where it's always been before, after all.

And I couldn't find it.

I scrolled through the first page and even the second, then back to the first.

Nope.

But I am nothing if not resourceful. I clicked on one of the individual chapters, then scrolled down to the link to the Mordomin Gateway there.

Simple. I copied my stories, and moved on.

But it nagged me: why couldn't I find the the link to the 'Gateway on the forum page?

Because somebody had made it a 'sticky' link, and it was at the very top of the page, that's why.

Well, now I'll know where to find it!

Thank you to whoever decided to make it a 'sticky'!
Just added "Of Mordomin and the Flight of Elwing". I realized as I was doing it that it was the first true 'new' story in quite a long time; I've been re-writing "Mordomin and the War of the Ring" for quite a while. Of course, that re-write provided a lot of the 'insight' into the character that made the new story possible.

I think it is pretty good, for a 'first effort'. LOL!
Well, this is a bit of a pickle! I wrote recently that Mordomin's cursed hand would burst into flame three times. And I even wrote of two of those times: the Battle before the Black Gate, and the Attack upon the Mouths of Sirion. But what was the second time? What other event in the long life of Mordomin would have so outraged him as to cause his cursed hand to burst into flame? Perhaps it was in the performance of some evil deed, while he was under the command of Sauron?
Perhaps----Some Jehovah's Witnesses hammering upon his door while he was enjoying a nice bubble bath?
I guess any guess is better than no guess. Later Kind folks--Paul:laugh::whistle::bg:
Frontiers of any type, physical or mental are but a challenge to our breed. Nothing can stop th questing of man, not even man. If we will it, not only the wonders of space, but the very stars are ours
Paul Goode Wrote:Perhaps----Some Jehovah's Witnesses hammering upon his door while he was enjoying a nice bubble bath?
I guess any guess is better than no guess. Later Kind folks--Paul:laugh::whistle::bg:

Although Mordomin boasts to Elrond that he cannot be taken by surprise in his house (most explicitly in "Taurn Daerebor"), Elrond doesn't actually acknowledge Mordy's claim.

So, while it is true that tubs and bubble baths are never specifically mentioned (or ruled out), it IS possible that some unannounced person could arrive at the door of a 1st age hero suffering under an unspeakable curse at a time when said hero would find particularly vexing.

Although, for some reason, I envision Girl Scout cookie sales as the reason for the disruption of the hero's tortured reverie, rather than people wanting to give him their testimony.
I am having trouble adding a story to the "Gateway". When I hit "edit" I get a lot of HTML code. I am rusty, but I could probably muddle through that, but I am worried what the results might be.
That is very generous of you. Smile
I am very gratified that the Administrators of this new site decided to keep the Mordomin Gateway.  I am undertaking to repair/replace the links, and make some edits where the punctuation didn't 'translate' completely during the conversion.

It will take me a bit of time to get it all sorted out.  But now that I have made a start, I thought I would mention that repairs are in progress!
Update 6/30 -  I was having trouble with copying text from the webpages, editing it, and then copying it back; the error would be that there were too many characters.

I found that changing the text to Arial (size 11) in Word before copying it back solved the "too many characters" error.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introduction to Mordomin Mordomin 2 817 July 8th, 2020, 06:35 PM
Last Post: Mordomin
  Captain Mordomin (conclusion) Mordomin 0 255 July 7th, 2019, 12:21 PM
  Captain Mordomin Mordomin 0 235 July 7th, 2019, 11:42 AM
  Of Mordomin and the Battle of Nanduhirion Mordomin 3 497 October 10th, 2018, 11:48 PM
  Mordomin - The Third Age Mordomin 11 1,056 June 12th, 2016, 03:34 AM
  Of Mordomin and the War of Wrath Mordomin 4 627 August 8th, 2015, 05:18 PM
  Many Defeats, and Many Fruitless Victories: Gateway Alvin Eriol 4 2,150 March 6th, 2015, 05:50 PM
  Of Mordomin and the Flight of Elwing Mordomin 4 707 February 15th, 2015, 04:30 AM
  Intro for Mordomin Gateway Mordomin 3 1,003 January 31st, 2015, 06:59 PM
  Mordomin - The First Age Mordomin 2 624 January 23rd, 2015, 12:57 AM