Jedi and Bene Gesserit
Supposing they had a student exchange program? What would they like to learn from each other?

Jedi (women) would be curious about the Spice Agony and Other Memory I suppose. The power of "Voice"... redundant, when you have the Jedi Mind Trick.

But where would this leave Jedi men?

A Mentat Jedi sounds awesome, except you already have droids galore in the galaxy, making Mentats a bit redundant.

Bene Gesserits would sniff and mutter about lightsabers and pocket them anyway. They might be curious about Force Ghost techniques to consult their male ancestry and supplement the female-line-only Other Memory.

Bellonda would invite Master Yoda for tea... and try to sexually Imprint him. Yoda escapes, mentally unaffected but a bit dishevelled. (when 800 years old you reach, immune to sexual seduction you become Smile )
:deadhorse:
"A Iluvatarinya! En na pelecco carinyesse!"
"Oh my God! There's an axe in my head!" :worry:

http://www.yamara.com/axe/#Q1
Coconut Ent Wrote:Supposing they had a student exchange program? What would they like to learn from each other?

Jedi (women) would be curious about the Spice Agony and Other Memory I suppose. The power of "Voice"... redundant, when you have the Jedi Mind Trick.

But where would this leave Jedi men?

A Mentat Jedi sounds awesome, except you already have droids galore in the galaxy, making Mentats a bit redundant.

Bene Gesserits would sniff and mutter about lightsabers and pocket them anyway. They might be curious about Force Ghost techniques to consult their male ancestry and supplement the female-line-only Other Memory.

Bellonda would invite Master Yoda for tea... and try to sexually Imprint him. Yoda escapes, mentally unaffected but a bit dishevelled. (when 800 years old you reach, immune to sexual seduction you become Smile )

Mentats are adaptations to the fact of the Butlerian Jihad that had eliminated computers, droids, & suchlike. I should think visitors from the Dune universe to the Star Wars' milieu would have to get over a lot of superstitious horror. (Unless they were Tleilaxu or suchlike!)
Combining Mentat with almost any kind of people you could imagine, from Tolkien Eldar (Elrond?) to Star Trek Vulcans, would have interesting possibilities.
Yoda could be in for a surprise, tho. When 600 years since anybody's tried it's been, down your defenses might be...
Many Defeats & Many Fruitless Victories Memoirs Gateway
For I was talking aloud to myself...the old...choose the wisest person present to speak to...
B-G would be immune to superstitions, IMHO. They'd be curious how people adapt to sentient droids, although disdaining to have one.

I also believe they'd be immune to temptations from the Dark Side, rightly recognizing the dangerous self-delusion and loss of self-control.... unless a BG is overtaken by Abomination. A Baron Harkonnen Abomination Sith Dark Reverend Mother might make even Palpatine cower under his bed.

Especially if she tries to Imprint him. "He has such a lovely body." Wink

Of course, the big question in any SW/Dune crossover would be whether the Kwisatz Haderach can bring balance to the Force? Wink
Many Defeats & Many Fruitless Victories Memoirs Gateway
For I was talking aloud to myself...the old...choose the wisest person present to speak to...
I think it might be more productive to cross Highlander with Dune. "There can be only ONE Kwisatz Haderach, Feyd, and he shall not be YOU."

"I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man!"

Okay, maybe Dune with "True Grit".
Send a certain ghola to the Jedi Academy...

Jedi Mentat Swordmaster Duncan Idaho!

Awesome.

Not to mention, a stud in bed! Smile

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Michael's Review of "Star Wars: The Last Jedi" (No spoilers) Michael 7 897 December 29th, 2017, 02:03 PM
Last Post: mrt77
  Are you ready for The Last Jedi? badlands 1 434 December 15th, 2017, 01:24 AM
Last Post: Michael
  IMAX Releases Poster for "Star Wars: The Last Jedi" FilmGuy 0 477 November 15th, 2017, 12:33 PM
Last Post: FilmGuy
  Video: Galactic Premier trailer for "Star Wars: The Last Jedi" FilmGuy 0 401 November 14th, 2017, 11:30 PM
Last Post: FilmGuy
  Jedi Song comicfan 2 957 September 9th, 2009, 07:54 PM
Last Post: Han Solo
  Celibacy of the Jedi Coconut Ent 18 3,788 August 25th, 2009, 10:58 PM
  Episode 13 - "Jedi Crash" thoughts/reviews Han Solo 4 1,191 January 21st, 2009, 06:50 PM
  Sith or Jedi? MasteroftheDarkSide 10 1,968 November 15th, 2007, 12:58 PM
  Did Yoda and Obi-Wan abandon the remaining Jedi? Han Solo 9 2,490 March 28th, 2007, 10:14 PM
  is yoda the oldest jedi frkman 3 1,785 March 6th, 2007, 04:26 PM
Last Post: YodaIam