Orlando Bloom confident about playing "younger" Legolas
[indent]Although he's grown older since he last portrayed Legolas, Bloom believes that good genes and a little make-up will help him present the younger version in 'The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey' .

Orlando Bloom recently discussed about his forthcoming movie "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey". Speaking to Collider at a press junket for "The Three Musketeers" on Tuesday, October 4, the former "Pirates of Caribbean" actor shared some details about his character Legolas.

The last time Bloom played Legolas was around eight years ago in "The Lord of the Rings: The Return of The King". Although he's since grown older, the actor admitted that he has no problem playing a younger version of Legolas. "Dude, magic. Good genes," he said. "I don't know what to tell you, a bit of make-up."

The "Main Street" actor continued, "It's crazy, the wig fits. It still fits. It's the same wig, and it still fits. And the costume, it fit. The same costume fit. I'm not actually wearing - well I'm not gonna talk about it, I can't tell you anything else." [/indent]

Read the full article here.

Frankly, I'm surprised anyone would make a fuss over his age at this point. Even if he looked considerably older, after the CGI job done on Jeff Bridges in "Tron Legacy" it seems to be they can pretty much reverse age just about anyone.

I didn't know elves aged. Maybe they aged like wine or cheese.
Don't insult the precious, my precious!:book:
According to Tolkien's notes they aged just like men but at a much slower rate. And the Rings of Power slowed that rate even more by a factor of ten.
Unless an orc gets to them first.
Don't insult the precious, my precious!:book:
badlands Wrote:Unless an orc gets to them first.

Smile

True. Quite true.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PopSugar takes a peek at Orlando Bloom in Men's Health Michael 0 744 September 14th, 2011, 11:32 AM
Last Post: Michael
  Orlando Bloom talks about his love-hate relationship with Los Angeles Michael 0 833 July 12th, 2011, 09:04 PM
  Reports: It's A Boy For Orlando Bloom & Miranda Kerr! News From Yahoo! 1 882 January 11th, 2011, 02:31 AM
  Orlando Bloom and Miranda Kerr welcome son, report says News From Yahoo! 0 651 January 9th, 2011, 05:02 AM
Last Post: News From Yahoo!
  Orlando Bloom & Miranda Kerr Are New Parents News From Yahoo! 0 691 January 8th, 2011, 10:43 PM
  Miranda Kerr and Orlando Bloom Welcome Baby Boy Today! News From Yahoo! 0 633 January 8th, 2011, 10:40 AM
  Orlando Bloom and Miranda Kerr welcome baby boy News From Yahoo! 0 724 January 8th, 2011, 10:40 AM
  Orlando Bloom and Miranda Kerr welcome baby boy News From Yahoo! 0 701 January 8th, 2011, 04:16 AM
  Orlando Bloom and Miranda Kerr welcome baby boy News From Yahoo! 0 937 January 7th, 2011, 10:12 PM
  Orlando Bloom and Miranda Kerr welcome baby boy News From Yahoo! 0 442 January 7th, 2011, 03:36 PM