September 14 is the REAL birthday for Bilbo and Frodo Baggins!
The Middle-earth Website at Xenite.Org explains why Bilbo Baggins birthday is really supposed to be observed on September 14, not September 22.

Next week most fans around the world will observe Hobbit Week, Hobbit Day, Tolkien Week, etc. because of the ongoing mistake in equating our September 22 with Tolkien's Shire September 22.

So far the "debate" has not yet become acrimonious.
It came, it went, and most Tolkien fans will still tip their glasses to Bilbo and Frodo next week. Ironically, many of them consider themselves to be "purists". Smile
I have recently been discussing this topic with my hobbit friends as well. We've decided that we want to put a video collage together of how people celebrate Hobbit Day! Sadly, we came up with the idea a little late for the true day so we will be issuing the video on our youtube channel on the 22nd. Really, when you think about it. September 22nd is...September 22nd and since we poor folk from the land of men really do not live in The Shire I think it's okay to celebrate it a little late. After all its Tolkien Week so we can celebrate the whole week long. Smile Watch this video if you're interested in submitting a video or pictures about how you celebrate hobbit day. It will be epic if we can get as many people as possible to join. A real fan movement not only celebrating two brave hobbits but also celebrating an awesome movie to come.

http://bit.ly/raeSoW
Whenever I read one of these posts "calculating" Bilbo/Frodo's "actual" birthdate, I have a bad habit of posting back: "So according to the Shire calendar, Jesus was born when?" Nevermind the day; what year?

I have yet to get a coherent answer. Some people just don't like having their fantasy bubble burst.
"Never ask an Elf for advice, for he will say both 'Yes' and 'No'." - Frodo Baggins to Gildor Inglorion
Got an idea. Celebrate the birthdays on September 14 and September 22. Twice the fun and an opportunity to rid themselves of a heap of dusty mathoms. :party:Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler!(Quenya for "Let's party dudes!) :party: Later Kind Folks--Paul:bg:
Frontiers of any type, physical or mental are but a challenge to our breed. Nothing can stop th questing of man, not even man. If we will it, not only the wonders of space, but the very stars are ours
I like the way you think, PG.

And if you quote me, I'll deny it. LOL!
"Never ask an Elf for advice, for he will say both 'Yes' and 'No'." - Frodo Baggins to Gildor Inglorion
Actually, that's a pretty good idea. If I can ever take a break from writing Tolkien articles long enough to update the calendar again, I may just do that. Two official Frodo/Bilbo birthdays per calendar may help alleviate my sense of ironic indisposition over fannish inattention to detail (and, honestly, the Tolkien Society should KNOW better).

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bilbo's claim to the Arkenstone Mordomin 14 603 September 28th, 2019, 07:06 PM
Last Post: Mordomin
  Why didn't Isildur go back to Rivendell the same way Frodo did? Travis Stephens 71 2,130 June 21st, 2019, 09:54 PM
Last Post: badlands
  New Frodo game badlands 1 181 September 9th, 2018, 07:37 PM
Last Post: Michael
  What did Frodo see? Mordomin 2 232 March 3rd, 2018, 09:51 PM
Last Post: Mordomin
  Happy Birthday JRRT Bacchus 0 142 January 3rd, 2018, 02:26 PM
Last Post: Bacchus
  Hobbits are real? badlands 2 194 April 29th, 2017, 08:48 PM
  Why did Frodo leave Middle Earth? badlands 1 390 April 17th, 2017, 11:58 PM
  God is dead but Frodo lives hippie movement badlands 1 455 August 18th, 2016, 07:16 PM
  Fans want to build a real life size Minas Tirith badlands 4 397 September 9th, 2015, 09:32 PM
Last Post: Agaricus
  Did Frodo use the Ring in the Shire? Welleran 19 1,070 June 7th, 2015, 12:10 PM