Tweaks made to the classic trilogy - Lucas at it again!
Well this should come as no shock to anyone. Lucas apparently has tweaked both trilogys but more importantly the original one again. Vader will scream as he throws the emperor.

Link thanks to blastr.com

http://blastr.com/2011/08/lucas-messes-with-vaders.php
I can imagine quite a bit.
This was even on the Today Show this morning....
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
I would just like to see the original trilogy as I remember as a kid in the best format possible. I know it's not gonna happen or not while Lucas lives.
Well, I saw this one and really its not too bad. But you are right, he just can't leave it alone, and makes no apologies for doing so. What I would like is the original formats unaltered but with deleted scenes added, like Luke talking to Biggs on Tattoine.

That said, I still think all changes pale in comparison to the Han-Greedo shootout. That one literally made me leap out of my seat in indignation when I first saw it. It was such a beautiful scene originally, low budget and all. I also didn't like the dialog change in ESB when Luke told R2 he was lucky he didn't taste very good. All other 'tweaks' I've barely noticed.
I think the original, non-cgi-enhanced version is still somewhere in one of the dvd sets, isn't it? Presumably w/ Han shooting first, no Jabba in "A New Hope," etc.
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
august Wrote:I think the original, non-cgi-enhanced version is still somewhere in one of the dvd sets, isn't it? Presumably w/ Han shooting first, no Jabba in "A New Hope," etc.

It is in the last dvds sets but it is not anamorphic so it's like watching a small rectangle on a big widescreen. What they really did was put the laser disc version onto a dvd.

I agree that the Han shots first change is just plain blasphemy. it is the most annoying of changes that Lucas ever made.
I don't have a problem with it. Publishers were releasing J.R.R. Tolkien's "final" annotations and corrections all the way up to 1994. He passed away in 1973. Lucas is just doing what many story-tellers have done: improved the Art through the years. I do think there was a need for 2 "nos" rather than 1 in the updated Vader scene.
Which version (of many) is aired on tv these days? Spike aired all 6 films repeatedly this past weekend.
august Wrote:Which version (of many) is aired on tv these days? Spike aired all 6 films repeatedly this past weekend.

It's the lastest set of changes prior to the blu ray release that gets aired on Spike.
Reading this thread kind of reminds me of an episode of The Big Bang Theory sitcom when the protagonists are about to sit down & watch one of the Star Wars films together but the character 'Sheldon' seems to be preoccupied with something else. Then one of them says to him something like: "Hurry up Sheldon, before George Lucas changes it again.".
That is such a fanboy show. Took me a while to warm up to it because I think the geek humor is so over the top but at least they know all the inside jokes.
I am believer that if something is not broke, don't fix it.
Don't insult the precious, my precious!:book:
Michael Wrote:That is such a fanboy show. Took me a while to warm up to it because I think the geek humor is so over the top but at least they know all the inside jokes.

I saw a (subtitled) Belarus version (with Russian actors) on some website recently.

"Belarus television channel STV (the former USSR) makes a teleserial "The Theorists" which is a clone of a cult serial "The Theory of the Big explosion "(The Big Bang Theory). It being known that "The Theorists" is a history of relationship of young scientists and blonde-barmaid Natasha who becomes object of general adoration.

Serial action is developed in small town of atomic scientists. "According to script writers it, probably, was a unique place where it was possible to collect both the scientist-physicist, and the atomic scientist, both the chemist-biologist, and the mathematician, and the simple expert who can repair everything that breaks, and to add to them the blonde who dreams of the prince"

Apparently the Belarus TV men have stupidly stolen the idea of the original serial, not having paid thus to the creators a penny. " ~ op cit

~ The Big Bang Theory Site
badlands Wrote:I am believer that if something is not broke, don't fix it.

I tend to agree, but I think Lucas is going with no great work of art is finished; merely abandoned.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Polygon Pieces Together How Lucas Would Have Done the Final Trilogy Michael 0 870 December 11th, 2019, 12:55 PM
Last Post: Michael
  Rian Johnson to Make Another Star Wars Trilogy FilmGuy 4 1,099 November 14th, 2017, 12:45 AM
Last Post: Boomstick
  Biography of George Lucas Michael 0 499 January 10th, 2017, 02:02 PM
  George Lucas comments on criticism Boomstick 9 1,278 November 24th, 2015, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Boomstick
  Disney rerelease Star Wars trilogy badlands 2 727 October 4th, 2015, 04:47 PM
  New Lucas movie: Strange Magic badlands 3 693 January 28th, 2015, 11:49 AM
Last Post: august
  48 Hour Star Wars Trilogy Marathon May 2nd-4th Punny 1 738 May 4th, 2014, 02:07 PM
Last Post: Paul Goode
  Lucas to cash in on 3-D trend with "Star Wars" Michael 2 1,008 October 6th, 2010, 01:35 PM
  Director's Cut: George Lucas finally admits he made Star Wars up as he went along RobRoy 8 2,048 September 8th, 2010, 09:56 AM
Last Post: Han Solo
  Video: If Star Wars had been made in the 1950s... Michael 2 976 May 20th, 2010, 11:06 PM