Ringer (SMG returns to CW)
Technically, she was never on CW, but it is the network the WB built. I'm iffy from the commercials, but I'll definitely be tuning into the first few eps to see what happens. I already have my DVR set up to record it. It starts 9/13. Anyone else going to be tuning in?
Sheldon: I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.

~ The Big Bang Theory
The idea has certainly been done before, but it looks interesting. Sadly I question if the mainly teen audience for the CW will become regular viewers, but a show only needs a couple of million viewers (if they're in the right demographic) do "succeed" by CW standards. This was actually originally pitched to CBS (details here) and so this is sort of the equivalent of being given a baseball contract...but for the minors. Wink
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
I am interested but I don't know if I'll watch it. SMG kind of has turned me off with her whole attitude towards Buffy and how she snubs it. We get it you've moved on but don't sound like or look like you want to deny it or forget it.
I can imagine quite a bit.
Has she snubbed it? She certainly turned up at the big Paley Center event spotlighting the show a couple of years ago, along with the other cast members, and she has spoken highly about Joss (and not so much so about the Kuzuis trying to remake the movie without him.) Has she ever denied it or acted as if she has forgotten it?
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
I never got the impression that she snubbed Buffy. I might have heard at one time that she was upset with the way things went with the show, but I never heard or read anything from her directly, just from Joss. I can also understand why she would want to distance herself from Buffy so as not to be typecast. I'll be interested to see her playing a different character.

~ The Big Bang Theory
GamgeeFest Wrote:Technically, she was never on CW, but it is the network the WB built...
True, but Buffy's last season was on UPN, if I remember correctly, and the CW was formed when the WB and UPN merged, so in a way it's a return...sort of. :laugh:

Han Solo Wrote:SMG kind of has turned me off with her whole attitude towards Buffy and how she snubs it. We get it you've moved on but don't sound like or look like you want to deny it or forget it.

august Wrote:Has she snubbed it?
GamgeeFest Wrote:I never got the impression that she snubbed Buffy.

I can't give links to specifics or anything, but like Han said, I recall she was pretty cool towards the subject of Buffy whenever it came up after the show. I was pretty clear that she wasn't interested in being associated with the show. I'm sure she's mellowed now that she hasn't become an A-list movie star, though.
I don't mean she's snubbed the show per say as much as she maybe doesn't like revisiting it or just feel genuine about the show. Almost like Harrison Ford with Star Wars, he doesn't diss it publicly but he never goes out of his way to say hey it was fun, I enjoyed it, it's more like I did it, it got me my break, don't really care about it.

I know she did that event a while back but she would never be interested in revisiting it. I agree maybe she's mellowed somewhat.
I guess it just depends on how much each of us thinks she should talk about it. I saw her on one interview show over the weekend (I'm thinking E! News Weekend, but it could have been Entertainment Tonight or Access Hollywood) and she responded very favorably when asked about Buffy, and in fact, said that's why she doesn't worry too much about projects since then. basically, she felt that she got everything she could ever want as an actress from that show (i.e. fame, good scripts + co-workers, challenges as an actress etc.) so she doesn't fell pressure to recreate it or try to surpass it. She didn't usen this parallel, but it's basically the opposite of Michael Jackson, who obsessed over trying to top "Thriller."

So I guess it's very much like Harrison Ford - one person could say "wow, he continued to work with Lucas, and is very proud of having been in that series," while another could say "Well he doesn't go to fan conventions every month to reminisce about the movie, and prefers to promote his current projects, so he's distancing himself from it."
I'll agree it's probably a perception thing and maybe she has mellowed recently. Of course you say you saw her over the weekend and that would be current and since she's appealing to some of that same buffy audience to carry a succesful show over then she would have to say nice things. I don't expect her to be at conventions till at least till she's in her mid 40s when work is harder to come by maybe.
Well, and when a new husband and baby aren't as new. Smile

Some of it also relates to a theme we've discussed in other threads, about how an actor perceives a role, no matter how much fame it brings them, vs. what a fan (i.e. by definition more fanatical than a regular viewer) may think about (perhaps due to some personal connection.) So SMG might think of her Burger King commercial at age 4 as her most important role (since it launched her career) followed by her soap opera character (since it gave her the chance to develop a character over a period of time) followed by some school play role we've never seen, followed by some stage role that never got reported, followed by her role in the first "Last Summer" film (where she met her husband) followed then by Buffy and a bunch of tv and movie roles. While a non-actor might have some specific interest in Buffy, and not care about SMG's other roles, and wouldn't "get" why a role is a role is a role to an actor.
Well, two episodes in and so far I'm not wowed. I'm not underwhelmed either. It's an interesting show but probably not one I'll make a point to see every week. There have been some extremely cheesy production choices (that boat ride... seriously?) and some questionable plot elements (a cop supposedly undercover standing under a street light with his gun in full view in his hip holster, another detective not noticing blood leaking from a box - these guys are supposed to notice everything) but I can overlook those things for now. I can see where many of the plots are heading already, so if it's going to be that predictable, I don't know if it will be worth watching for much longer. I'll give it another ep or two before making up my mind.

~ The Big Bang Theory

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sarah Michelle Gellar to star in new CBS pilot "Ringer" august 0 759 January 26th, 2011, 05:56 PM
Last Post: august
  Nicholas Brendon (Xander) returns to Criminal Minds on CBS Wed. 11/25 august 4 1,117 November 11th, 2009, 06:13 PM
  Bones w/ David Boreanaz returns Th. 9/17 @ 8 PM on Fox Boomstick 11 1,538 September 12th, 2009, 02:03 PM
  Michelle Trachtenberg returns to CW's Gossip Girl august 19 1,477 July 22nd, 2009, 05:02 PM
  James Marsters returns to "Without A Trace" this Thursday (1/17) august 7 1,225 January 17th, 2008, 06:28 PM