17th annual (and final?) Xena convention - Jan. 27-29, 2012
It's billed as "The Final Journey," and once again is being held at the Marriott Burbank Airport Hotel - 2500 Hollywood Way, Burbank, CA 91505, Fri., Sat. & Sun. January 27-29, 2012.

Details at http://www.creationent.com/cal/xebur.htm

Guests announced so far: Renee O'Connor, Tsianina Joelson, Steven L. Sears, Katherine Fugate, Melissa Good.

As with all good things the time comes to raise a glass one last time and say
Quote:goodbye with love and a heartfelt and tearful thank you. The 2012 convention, the final journey, brings us full circle to our return to our original Xena Convention venue, the Marriott Burbank Airport Hotel and we promise one last rocking good time for all!

Note: this doesn't mean Creation won't continue to have all these folks as guests at conventions it produces. This will presumably just be the last Xena-only convention.
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
Until they figure out a business reason to have another Xena convention. I've seen 2-3 "final" announcements over the years.

Ho hum....
Many of the usual suspects have been added:

Adrienne Wilkinson, Michael Hurst, Jennifer Ward-Lealand, Sheeri Rappaport, Jennifer Sky, Hudson Leick, Musetta Vander, Ted Raimi, and
David Franklin.
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
Well I guess I got a redesigned Xena Online Resources back online in time.

Honestly, I have never been to any of these California conventions. I went to one of the Creation Cons in Ohio. I think that was where I first met Steve Sears. Now that I live in California, I haven't been to even one CA convention for anything. Should I go to the Xena Con or not?
Sure absolutely, if you're in the area, and it's just the cost of a ticket for you. Now if you'd have to get a plane ticket, a hotel, etc. then that's being awfully committed... Still, it would be a great chance to print up some flyers or even just business-size cards top pass out plugging the site. Back in the 90's all the members of Ted Raimi's fan club used to do that at conventions.
Hm. Good point there. I'll have to take a look at what I can do for promoting SF-Fandom at conventions. It gets expensive quickly but I'll try to come up with a calendar and a plan.
Not surprisingly, Lucy Lawless has been added.

Unless Bruce is doing a movie, his schedule ought to be open around then.... (i.e. that should be the break before shooting for Burn Notice starts back in the spring.)

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does anyone know the words to the Xena burial song? xenagabby888 26 31,803 February 13th, 2022, 12:29 AM
Last Post: Tabbyhamm1979
  Videos: Lucy Lawless interviews about Xena: Warrior Princess Michael 0 546 April 7th, 2021, 04:35 PM
Last Post: Michael
Big Grin Happy 25th Anniversary Xena ! august 4 1,222 November 12th, 2020, 09:05 PM
Last Post: Boomstick
  Xena faces off against Callisto...behind the bar! august 9 1,657 November 20th, 2018, 08:35 PM
  Xena stars on the shows 20th anniversary Boomstick 1 849 September 4th, 2018, 10:46 AM
Last Post: august
  17th Anniversary of Erica Hooper's Xmas Eve Strippers' Ball Chat! august 19 4,179 December 27th, 2017, 12:39 PM
  Gov. Croque's Christmas Party - 17th Anniversary august 18 3,762 December 20th, 2017, 07:21 PM
  22 years of Xena Warrior Princess :O august 6 1,103 September 18th, 2017, 10:33 AM
  NBC-Universal is serious about a Xena reboot ... or are they? august 34 3,262 August 22nd, 2017, 07:51 PM
  Little Xena + Gabby on Halloween! august 3 2,320 October 29th, 2016, 12:57 PM