The planet of the apes movie, the girl with the dragon , and other summer movies
Which ones are you going to see?Confusedun:
Don't insult the precious, my precious!:book:
I saw a trailer for the new Planet of the Apes movie yesterday. It looked intriguing, although the cg apes looked horrendous.Confusedad: I mean, the 70's series did a better job with people in makeup. Sometimes, though, I've found that they can improve those things before the movie ( I remember cringing at the cgi in the LotR trailers). I also saw the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trailer and was a bit confused. The "artsy" theater downtown showed a trilogy of those movies this past winter/spring...am wondering if these are the same movies and are now being re-released or is this a new movie? ( then again...could just be having a memory from another dimension. I prefer that expression to "senior moment!:droolSmile
" It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
Hm. Which apes are better?

Trailer for the original "Planet of the Apes":
Watch Trailer for original "Planet of the Apes" from YouTube
SF-Fandom not responsible for video content

SF-Fandom reserves the right to remove inappropriate video content from its discussions. YouTube may remove the video from its service without notification.

Trailer for "Rise of the Planet of the Apes":
Watch Trailer for "Rise of the Planet of the Apes" from YouTube

SF-Fandom reserves the right to remove inappropriate video content from its discussions. YouTube may remove the video from its service without notification.

Trailer for 2009 "Planet of the Apes" remake:
Watch Trailer for 2009 "Planet of the Apes" remake from YouTube

You make the call.
Hee hee...I do get your point, and I tend to exaggerate. Let me rephrase and say that it's easier for me to believe when there's a human dressed up than something that I know is entirely cg.(if you have ever seen the extended version of Return of the King, they have one shot of Andy Serkis made up as Gollum...I know they needed cg to make Gollum move, fight, and be sized correctly, but I look at that image and wonder what might have been).Some of Rise of the Apes does look great, and perhaps they'll fix the rest before August. At least they don't look like the Ape of Death :jester: ( don't be cynical...it's a follicle miracle )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPGLUbR6d...re=related
" It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
I'm sorry I watched THAT video. :lol:

CGI is not yet to the point where they can make fully realistic renderings, but they keep improving the technology. Thing is, the whole "apes take over the planet" idea is unrealistic because there are so few apes. They have to convincingly show that the apes can breed like insects in order to justify the premise.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Huckleberry Hound live action movie badlands 1 65 September 14th, 2022, 11:11 AM
Last Post: Michael
  Kingdom Hearts movie badlands 1 76 September 14th, 2022, 11:00 AM
  Lightyear the movie badlands 1 144 July 14th, 2022, 08:53 PM
  New Elvis movie badlands 2 218 July 6th, 2022, 01:56 PM
Last Post: Yalmuk
  Reboot The Terminator movie series. badlands 2 216 June 15th, 2022, 11:52 PM
  Is it true that there will a movie based on the Redwall author’s book? badlands 1 191 May 16th, 2022, 01:37 PM
  Poppy Playtime movie badlands 1 220 April 17th, 2022, 12:01 PM
Smile Clash of the clans movie badlands 4 241 April 17th, 2022, 12:00 PM
  How about a jetsons movie? hour_25mikehodel 4 375 March 19th, 2022, 03:11 PM
  Apocalypse movies badlands 0 219 February 23rd, 2022, 12:17 PM
Last Post: badlands