17-year anniversary of the last new Cleopatra 2525 episode
On or around the weekend of March 12th, 2001, the last new episode of Cleopatra 2525 aired in the US (although in many markets, like Chicago or any area that got Cleo via WGN
it wasn't until the following weekend.) Called "The Voice," it was basically a half-hour episode with Creegan pretending to be Voice in
order to pit two Voice teams against each other, followed by a second half-hour focusing on Creegan in jail, revelaing much about his history with Voice.
While no one has ever officially confirmed this, it seems pretty clear that either the first half-hour had already been filmed, or had been written prior to the show
extending to full-hour-long length, and then a "finale" using a lot of clips and the NZ cast (i.e. Joel Tobeck, Patrick Kake, Elizabeth Hawthorne and guest star Mark Ferguson)
was tacked on to give some sense of closure as well as a cliffhanger in the remote chance that the show was picked up for another year. As far as I can tell, none of the
three leads were physically there for the final half hour, although there were a few long shots of doubles in their costumes, and a few
sound clips of them on comm-link with Voice (possibly recorded before they left NZ, or done over the phone.)

I'll paste in some relevant below, as we get closer to the actual date. In the meantime, feel free to reminisce, and pass along the link to this thread to any Cleo fans you're still in touch with. :bg:
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
Interesting stuff, and quote apropos as SF-Fandom is now 10 years old, too. And it's kind of vindicating to see so many of the old Hercules, Xena, Jack of All Trades, Cleopatra 2525 cast and crew have continued to make great films and shows. It's a pity the New Zealand film industry has taken a big hit lately (and you know the people in New Zealand who have been affected by recent earthquakes are in my thoughts).
Starting out with the theme song!

Cleopatra 2525 Theme Song From YouTube
SF-Fandom not responsible for video content

SF-Fandom reserves the right to remove inappropriate video content from its discussions. YouTube may remove the video from its service without notification.
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
It's been.... 17 years. :eek: :jawdrop:

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Big Grin Happy 25th Anniversary Xena ! august 4 583 November 12th, 2020, 09:05 PM
Last Post: Boomstick
  weekend of 11/27 - 18th anniversary of the last new Jack episode august 3 811 November 27th, 2018, 10:20 AM
Last Post: august
  Xena stars on the shows 20th anniversary Boomstick 1 596 September 4th, 2018, 10:46 AM
  17th Anniversary of Erica Hooper's Xmas Eve Strippers' Ball Chat! august 19 3,323 December 27th, 2017, 12:39 PM
  Gov. Croque's Christmas Party - 17th Anniversary august 18 3,157 December 20th, 2017, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Boomstick
  Lucy Lawless on Salem this year! august 0 346 April 4th, 2015, 12:53 PM
  13th Anniversary of Jack of All Trades! august 12 2,670 February 12th, 2013, 12:39 PM
Last Post: Michael
  Cleopatra 2525 - 13th Anniversary Celebration! august 8 1,579 January 17th, 2013, 04:44 PM
  Jennifer Sky's Buffy episode on F/X Sun. 3/9 august 4 1,597 March 12th, 2011, 05:12 PM
  Victoria Pratt in "Lie to Me" episode august 0 888 February 6th, 2011, 03:45 PM