Logging on?
How come now I have to log on again every time I visit? Used to be my logon was more or less permanent, unless I logged out. Also when I log on I get a page says 'Invalid announcement specified'.
Sitting quietly, doing nothing,
Spring comes, and the grass grows by itself.
I've made several changes to the forums that involve how it handles cookies. Try clearing your cookies. I think that should clear up the problem. If not, let me know. That will mean I've got conflicting settings somewhere.
That did seem to work. Thank you kindly.
You're very welcome.
Sorry. I spoke too soon. Still have to log on each time after all. It's not really a big deal tho...I can live with it.

...Well, I just tried it again after a restart and there was no problem. It's all very confusing to me. Must be fun for you tho?

Ag :lick:
You have no idea! Smile

I'm still tweaking settings and it's been, what, over a month? I'll try to see what else might be affecting the logins.

Of course, if you check the little "Remember Me" box and then Windows unchecks it for you (that happens only rarely for me) that could be annoying. On some sites, my laptop is constantly resizing the screen for me. Very annoying.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Logging In and Cookies Dixie 9 2,838 May 22nd, 2005, 08:12 PM
Last Post: Michael