Letter from Andre Norton on ebay
There's an interesting letter from Andre Norton, dated October 1, 1963, on ebay today. In it she talks about a sequel to Witch World, to be titled Quest for Kolder, and refers to a historical novel she's working on set in Han Dynasty, China.

Interesting to hear the working title for Web of the Witch World. Would the historical novel refer to Imperial Lady? I don't have that title, and haven't yet read it.

Mike
Sounds like Imperial Lady. I wasn't aware that She was working on that that one that early. Thanks for the info. Later Kind Folks--Paul:bg:
Frontiers of any type, physical or mental are but a challenge to our breed. Nothing can stop th questing of man, not even man. If we will it, not only the wonders of space, but the very stars are ours
I took a look at the item.

It is directed to Mr. Bowers, and is in receipt of DOUBLE BILL.
It is being sold by Bwana25.

The DOUBLE BILL is a very scarse fanzine.

There is also the DOUBLE BILL SYMPOSIUM, by Bill Mallardi and Bill Bowers, which is a paper back, 1969.

I believe that Bwana is the ebay name for Mike Resnick, who is/was slowly selling off the estate of Bill Bowers.
Irene
So who was Bill Bowers? Was he an editor or publisher?

Mike
I always thought that the double Bill was Bill Malardi and Bill Crawford. I seem to remember a letter from Malardi around 1990. He told me to give Andre his regards when I went for a visit. Crawford was the publisher for Fantasy magazine which printed "People of The Crater" in issue 1 and "The Gifts of Asti" in issue 3. I'm not sure, but I think the magazine folded soon after that. I vaguely remember buying some books from Malardi(in Detroit). The letter is put up somewhere. I will soon be mounting an archaeological dig to locate this letter an other Nortonian ephemera. Later Kind Folks--Paul
Frontiers of any type, physical or mental are but a challenge to our breed. Nothing can stop th questing of man, not even man. If we will it, not only the wonders of space, but the very stars are ours
I looked up Bill Bowers and found a little bit of information, which I have recapped in this Bill Bowers thread in our General SF Authors Forum.
Thanks, Michael.

Mike

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Good News for Andre Lovers. Lots-A-Watts 5 234 December 3rd, 2021, 09:15 PM
Last Post: Lots-A-Watts
  Andre's burial site Tudorlady419 3 211 November 24th, 2021, 12:43 PM
Last Post: Tudorlady419
  HUGE Andre Norton sale - today only! Jerrie 3 424 March 28th, 2021, 09:06 PM
Last Post: Irene
  Passing of Andre Norton, March 17, 2005 Irvkoch 47 30,083 February 18th, 2021, 10:16 PM
Last Post: Michael
  ebay listing - 70 Andre Norton books for sale chris.hakenkamp@gmail.com 1 519 November 19th, 2020, 09:01 AM
  Andre's Reading Corner - Nobble Warrior Meets with a Ghost Lots-A-Watts 1 299 November 4th, 2020, 08:13 PM
  Andre's Reading Corner - Hob's Pot Lots-A-Watts 0 346 October 23rd, 2020, 11:42 AM
  Andre's Reading Corner - Noble Warrior Lots-A-Watts 3 506 October 3rd, 2020, 11:46 AM
  Andre's Reading Corner - Desirable Lakeside Residence Lots-A-Watts 0 317 September 16th, 2020, 12:30 PM
  Andre's Reading Corner - London Bridge Lots-A-Watts 2 427 September 6th, 2020, 11:40 AM