Your favorite Christmas movies or shows
What was your favorite? Or not?:crown:
Don't insult the precious, my precious!:book:
Actually not a big fan of seasonal movies. But there are two that are must sees for me: A Christmas Story and Elf.
Sheldon: I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.

~ The Big Bang Theory
'How the Grinch Stole Christmas'....How do you possibly top the Grinch?
A CHRISTMAS STORY is the best movie, beating out IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE and MIRACLE ON 34th STREET, even. The Grinch doesn't come close, IMHO.
inked
"Aslan is not a tame lion. Safe?
No, he's not safe, but he's good."
CSL/LWW
Home Alone 1 & 2
Muppet Christmas Carol
The Box of Delights (a BBC series from the 80s)
Xev, Xev of B3K, join us in our song!
After all, a thousand years isn't very long!
EDSEL_PK Wrote:'How the Grinch Stole Christmas'....How do you possibly top the Grinch?
I`m going to assume you mean the cartoon and not the movie in which case I say AMEN!!!
Also A Christmas Story and Charlie Brown Christmas.

When I was a kid they`d show one called "The Night the Animals Talked" but I haven`t heard of it in ages. Have looked for it on DVD but no joy. Anyone remember that one?
Hope, D`Argo.... I have HOPE. John

Too many stories are nothing more than connected vignettes of codified symbols used to tell the audience where the plot currently stands like some sort of checklist Mirage
I don't know that I have a particular favorite... most of them are a little too sacchariney for my taste. But as far as the numerous renderings of Dickens' CHRISTMAS CAROL is concerned, the Alastair Sim version is still the best of them all. Disney's MICKEY'S CHRISTMAS CAROL is the second best...IMO.
Sitting quietly, doing nothing,
Spring comes, and the grass grows by itself.
My favorite by far is PeeWee's Christmas Special. I don't see it on tv anymore ( although I don't think there really is any reason not to play it...can't envision any kid asking " mom, is that the guy who...?") I have an old video of it that I play. He has some great guests, along with the usual playhouse pals. :cheergirl: ( insert cheer girl here...can't get her to cheer right now)
" It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apocalypse movies badlands 0 104 February 23rd, 2022, 12:17 PM
Last Post: badlands
  Video games that you like to see as movies badlands 4 723 September 9th, 2021, 01:14 AM
Last Post: Michael
  Video: What the original 2 Stargate sequel movies would have been like Michael 0 272 July 5th, 2021, 02:22 AM
  Time Travel Movies BloggerBunny_25 1 351 July 3rd, 2021, 11:02 AM
  Gender Bender movies badlands 1 547 April 1st, 2020, 11:18 AM
  Cursed movies and shows badlands 2 550 March 2nd, 2020, 04:47 PM
Last Post: Agaricus
  Video: Real Navy Seal reviews military movies Michael 0 475 February 18th, 2020, 01:54 AM
  Video: Former mob boss reviews mob movies Michael 0 534 February 18th, 2020, 01:52 AM
  Are there movies about the Skeleton coast telling about genocide that happened there? badlands 0 428 January 21st, 2020, 10:48 PM
Last Post: badlands
Big Grin NEW SCI-FI MOVIES spock00001 4 1,378 December 1st, 2019, 07:04 PM
Last Post: Spacecadet11