What's the worst movie ever made?
Yeah, I know I know... there are so many that are so horrible how could you possibly choose just one? Well, it's tough, I know; but, for me, if I had to choose just one as the absolute worst movie ever made my first choice would be Showgirls. I don't think it's possible to find one decent thing to say about it.
The four food groups: beer, more beer, Jack Daniels and Jimmy Beam.
RedVengeanceIII Wrote:Yeah, I know I know... there are so many that are so horrible how could you possibly choose just one? Well, it's tough, I know; but, for me, if I had to choose just one as the absolute worst movie ever made my first choice would be Showgirls. I don't think it's possible to find one decent thing to say about it.

What? Yes, it was tripe. But it did have redeeming qualities. Like wall-to-wall nuditiness for one.:roll:

But I digress.

The film 'RXmas' was appallingly bad. This cinematic travesty starred Drea de Matteo (Adriana from 'The Sopranos'), and that's what lured me into it. The writer/Abel Ferrara, decded to put the main characters into the background of the story, not even giving them names in the film. In fact, most of the characters in the film were nameless.Huh
The worst that I've seen: Derailed with Jean Claude van Damme. Switched it off halfway through because it was sooooooooo dull.
Xev, Xev of B3K, join us in our song!
After all, a thousand years isn't very long!
One of my top (or is it bottom?) 5 is 'The Thin Red Line' - took me two days to get through the whole thing. The only reason why I finished it was because I was waiting to see George Clooney and he was in the last 2 minutes :roll:
[SIZE=2]Keeper of Cole and The Cullen Men

"Once the Queen's dead the King's useless . . . maybe he's too depressed to fight; he really loved her you know"
[/SIZE]
Zagor Wrote:The worst that I've seen: Derailed with Jean Claude van Damme. Switched it off halfway through because it was sooooooooo dull.

LOL yeah haven't seen that one but I'll tell you this: when I was 17 I idolized Van Damme; now, I look back on that and think, what the hell could have been wrong with me!?!? He's nothing but a muscle-head, pretty boy, a raving egomaniac with not a shred of acting talent or personality, and, ever how formidable he may look on screen, I don't think he could beat Paris Hilton in a real fight!
So anyways back to the topic at hand: I know it's difficult to choose just one movie as the worst, because there are some that are beneath mention, even in this context. But here's a list of top candidates (and, of course as always this is just my eternally-humble opinion):
Striptease, Showgirls, Dude Where's My Car, Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead, Stop or My Mom Will Shoot, Friday the 13th part fill-in-the-blank, Redneck Zombies, Eyes Wide Shut (and let me make it perfectly clear that I love, idolize and worship Stanley Kubrick but, by the same token what in the hell could he have been thinking when he did this one?!?!), the Godfather part 3, Kill Bill (great idea, if "Bill" is the name of the guy who made this piece of trash!!!), Cat Woman, Batman and Robin, the Dark Blight, Spider-Man 3, Clash of the Titans '10, Godzilla '98, Psycho '98, Alien Resurrection, Rob Zombie's fill-in-the-blank...
I'm sure I'll think of more.
'Kill Bill, Vol. 1' was great, and one of the first DVDs I ever bought. The second one was like a laxative to me.

I liked all the 'Godfather' films.
EDSEL_PK Wrote:'Kill Bill, Vol. 1' was great, and one of the first DVDs I ever bought. The second one was like a laxative to me.

Yeah and I've heard some people say exactly the opposite: that the second one was a million times better. I personally think they're pretty equal: they both suck.
Honestly, I don't know what to make of Tarantino: first he did Pulp Fiction, one of the absolute greatest movies ever made... but then he also did Kill Bill, which is one of the absolute worst movies I've ever sat through.
So anyway the list continues:

Killer Klowns from Outer Space, the first two Star Wars movies (or, depending on how you look at it the fourth and fifth Star Wars movies, in any event the Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones), everything Steven Seagal has ever been in, every Highlander movie other than the original, Meet the Spartans, Scary Movie # whatever, I Still Owe You a Valentine About the Urban Legend We Heard Last Summer, Deep Rising, Hell Comes to Frog Town, the Frank Langella version of Dracula, the Mummy '99 (and its sequels), on and on and on....
EDSEL_PK Wrote:I liked all the 'Godfather' films.

The first one was absolutely unforgettable. The second one was OK. The third one sucked.
Quote:everything Steven Seagal has ever been in

'Above the Law' was great. And 'Hard to Kill'...not so bad. I'd even say it was 'good'. But the bulk of his films have been crap. Problem is, he plays himself in every movie, and the stories are cardboard cutouts of what he did previously.
EDSEL_PK Wrote:'Above the Law' was great. And 'Hard to Kill'...not so bad. I'd even say it was 'good'. But the bulk of his films have been crap. Problem is, he plays himself in every movie, and the stories are cardboard cutouts of what he did previously.

I despise Steven Seagal. He's a disgrace to all martial artists everywhere. Chuck Norris isn't much of an actor but he is a real martial artist, and as such I respect him enormously. And he's humble. Seagal has an ego problem that puts Van Damme to shame.
So, as far as I'm concerned, any movie he's in is guaranteed to be garbage unless he gets the crap kicked out of him in it.
RedVengeanceIII Wrote:LOL yeah haven't seen that one but I'll tell you this: when I was 17 I idolized Van Damme; now, I look back on that and think, what the hell could have been wrong with me!?!? He's nothing but a muscle-head, pretty boy, a raving egomaniac with not a shred of acting talent or personality, and, ever how formidable he may look on screen, I don't think he could beat Paris Hilton in a real fight!

Ha ha - I like a couple of his eartlier films - Bloodsport's oh-so 80s soundtrack alone makes it very watchable.

A little-seen, but completely horrible movie is Prairie Fever, a western starring Kevin Sorbo and Lance Henriksen - so awful it makes you want to tear your own skin off.

Warlock: the Armageddon is bad, but almost entertainingly so.
Xev, Xev of B3K, join us in our song!
After all, a thousand years isn't very long!
Zagor Wrote:Ha ha - I like a couple of his eartlier films - Bloodsport's oh-so 80s soundtrack alone makes it very watchable.

A little-seen, but completely horrible movie is Prairie Fever, a western starring Kevin Sorbo and Lance Henriksen - so awful it makes you want to tear your own skin off.

Warlock: the Armageddon is bad, but almost entertainingly so.

Yes Bloodsport is definitely a classic if you like martial arts movies - as I certainly do! Bloodsport belongs on the same shelf with classics such as Enter the Dragon and the Octagon.

For the most part, however, his movies have been garbage. Double Impact, anyone? :dead:

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Elvis movie badlands 2 37 9 hours ago
Last Post: Yalmuk
  Reboot The Terminator movie series. badlands 2 96 June 15th, 2022, 11:52 PM
Last Post: Michael
  Is it true that there will a movie based on the Redwall author’s book? badlands 1 92 May 16th, 2022, 01:37 PM
  Poppy Playtime movie badlands 1 126 April 17th, 2022, 12:01 PM
Smile Clash of the clans movie badlands 4 104 April 17th, 2022, 12:00 PM
  How about a jetsons movie? hour_25mikehodel 4 258 March 19th, 2022, 03:11 PM
  Miami Vice movie badlands 2 237 December 29th, 2021, 03:33 PM
Star Disney’s The Lone Ranger movie starring Depp badlands 1 349 November 22nd, 2021, 02:07 PM
  New C.S Lewis Movie bilbobaggins764 2 411 November 22nd, 2021, 02:00 PM
  Remember the Don Bluth movie : The Secret of NIMH badlands 0 312 July 27th, 2021, 05:15 PM
Last Post: badlands