James Franco and Danny McBride star in "Your Higness" (2011)
From the Universal Pictures Website:[indent]Throughout history, tales of chivalry have burnished the legends of brave, handsome knights who rescue fair damsels, slay dragons and conquer evil. But behind many a hero is a good-for-nothing younger brother trying just to stay out of the way of those dragons, evil and trouble in general. Danny McBride and James Franco team up for an epic comedy adventure set in a fantastical world -- Your Highness. As two princes on a daring mission to save their land, they must rescue the heir apparent's fiance before their kingdom is destroyed.

Thadeous (McBride) has spent his life watching his perfect older brother Fabious (Franco) embark upon valiant journeys and win the hearts of his people. Tired of being passed over for adventure, adoration and the throne, he's settled for a life of wizard's weed, hard booze, and easy maidens. But when Fabious' bride-to-be, Belladonna (Zooey Deschanel), gets kidnapped by the evil wizard Leezar (Justin Theroux), the king gives his deadbeat son an ultimatum: Man up and help rescue her or get cut off.

Half-assedly embarking upon his first quest, Thadeous joins Fabious to trek across the perilous outlands and free the princess. Joined by Isabel (Natalie Portman) -- an elusive warrior with a dangerous agenda of her own -- the brothers must vanquish horrific creatures and traitorous knights before they can reach Belladonna. If Thadeous can find his inner hero, he can help his brother prevent the destruction of his land. Stay a slacker, and not only does he die a coward, he gets front row seats to the dawn of an all-new Dark Ages.[/indent]

Sort of interesting, I think. The quality of the cast is unquestionably good. The storyline seems a little iffy, but it will all come down to the execution.
I think this should be fun. It was actually filmed in Northern Ireland last year and everyone in our office was looking out for Natalie Portman. I don't think any of us saw her Wink
Xev, Xev of B3K, join us in our song!
After all, a thousand years isn't very long!
I don't think I ever heard of the film before now. There is just too much to keep up with.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jason Momoa to star in "Minecraft" Michael 0 85 May 9th, 2022, 01:42 AM
Last Post: Michael
  Video: Trailer for James Bond 25, "Risico" FilmGuy 0 404 April 19th, 2018, 08:08 PM
Last Post: FilmGuy
  Charlize Theron to star in "Agent 13", "scifi movie" FilmGuy 0 613 April 23rd, 2012, 04:22 AM
  James Cameron buys the farm -- in New Zealand for "Avatar 2" FilmGuy 0 523 February 5th, 2012, 04:36 PM
  MovieTickets' Box Office Top 10 for December 21, 2011 Michael 0 517 December 21st, 2011, 01:00 PM
  MovieTickets' Box Office Top 10 for December 14, 2011 Michael 0 643 December 14th, 2011, 04:00 PM
  MovieTickets' Box Office Top 10 for December 7, 2011 Michael 0 807 December 7th, 2011, 09:59 PM
  MovieTickets' Box Office Top 10 for November 23, 2011 Michael 0 533 November 26th, 2011, 05:04 AM
  MovieTickets' Box Office Top 10 for November 16, 2011 Michael 0 951 November 17th, 2011, 01:25 PM
  MovieTickets' Box Office Top 10 for November 9, 2011 Michael 0 549 November 10th, 2011, 04:13 PM