Star Sam Jones Prevented a Flash Gordon Sequel?
In other words, Sam had a second chance at stardom..and blew it?
When I first read the title of this, I missed where it said “Sam” and only got “Star Jones Prevented a Flash Gordon Sequel” so I was trying to figure out how she impacted this show!

Wow, how unfortunate that miscommunication resulted in a lost production. I’m sure this happens more often than we hear.
All your base are belong to us.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
RobRoy Wrote:When I first read the title of this, I missed where it said “Sam” and only got “Star Jones Prevented a Flash Gordon Sequel” so I was trying to figure out how she impacted this show!

That's funny, because I was thinking of that when I wrote it! :laugh:

One movie I'd love to track down that Sam Jones did was "The Spirit," based on Will Eisner's comic strip. From what I've heard it was a made for tv movie, and it co starred Nana Visitor (Kira from DS9). As far as I know it's never had any kind of official release, so it's a pretty obscure bootleg.
I looked it up, but couldn't find anything beyond that 2009 version. So yeah, you're looking at a bootleg until the current rights owners get around to releasing it. Hey, they released Tales of the Gold Monkey which I never thought would happen, so there's always hope for this!
All your base are belong to us.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
Well, all I can say is, thank God it went the way it did. That 1980 movie was AWFUL.
RobRoy Wrote:I looked it up, but couldn't find anything beyond that 2009 version. So yeah, you're looking at a bootleg until the current rights owners get around to releasing it. Hey, they released Tales of the Gold Monkey which I never thought would happen, so there's always hope for this!

I finally rented Frank Miller's film a while back. It really has nothing to do with Eisner's creation beyond sharing the character names.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jason Momoa to star in "Minecraft" Michael 0 282 May 9th, 2022, 01:42 AM
Last Post: Michael
  Absalom Jones- America's first black priest badlands 1 309 November 22nd, 2021, 02:15 PM
  Video: What the original 2 Stargate sequel movies would have been like Michael 0 377 July 5th, 2021, 02:22 AM
  Indiana Jones 5 badlands 0 379 June 28th, 2018, 07:06 PM
Last Post: badlands
  Movies that need a sequel badlands 1 372 August 3rd, 2015, 11:22 AM
  A sequel for "Pacific Rim" is on the way Michael 0 369 June 28th, 2014, 02:57 AM
  Video: "Youngest Flash Mob Ever" FilmGuy 0 661 April 30th, 2014, 03:13 PM
Last Post: FilmGuy
  Video: "Best Flash Mob" Ever -- from the 1960s FilmGuy 0 540 April 30th, 2014, 03:03 PM
  Charlize Theron to star in "Agent 13", "scifi movie" FilmGuy 0 644 April 23rd, 2012, 04:22 AM
  B-Movie Horror and SciFi Producer Richard Gordon dies Michael 0 504 November 6th, 2011, 12:39 AM