Operation LOTS More to commence next week
Xenite.Org Publicity will be launching a new pro bono campaign next week to promote Legend of the Seeker. I have spelled out the details of the campaign in the Operation LOTS More discussion at the LOTS.org forums.

Because LOTS.org has the largest Seeker fan community, it makes sense to me to organize the campaign there.

Here is an excerpt from my post there:[indent]My next project will be Operation LOTS More, which will promote the efforts (and hopefully help raise the visibility) of the various fans and fan groups working to bring back Legend of the Seeker. I'll start working on this project next week.

The project will include the publication of press releases and distribution of articles to various blogs. I'll be Tweeting URLs from the xenite_org and sf_fandom accounts, asking for retweets. The project will document the new initiatives coming out of LOTS fandom to revive Legend of the Seeker.

That includes:
  • Legend of the Seeker fan video projects
  • Legend of the Seeker fan convention parties, podcasts, and promotions
  • Legend of the Seeker fan advertisements (such as the upcoming Hollywood Reporter ad)
  • Legend of the Seeker promotional campaigns such as the College Campus Campaign

So what does all this mean? It means I am drafting you all, against your wills, without asking you, into Operation LOTS More. It was the best name I could come up with.

I'm not superseding anything or anyone. If you were going to do a press release, do it. If you were going to give a news interview, give it. If you were going to write a blog post, do a podcast, whatever -- do it.

I just want people to be aware that Xenite Publicity will be talking up the latest fannish efforts under the collective name of Operation LOTS More. If anyone asks you what it is, you can refer them to this thread.

If you want to make a contribution to Operation LOTS More, your help is more than welcome. Here are a few ways you can contribute:
  • Mention any special, media-attention worthy fan activity here (even if it's just a car wash to raise money for Save Our Seeker)
  • Post links here to any news articles that mention Operation LOTS More
  • Blog about Operation LOTS More on your Websites
  • Create posters and/or flyers about Operation LOTS More and share them
  • Discuss Operation LOTS More on other forums where people express interest in Legend of the Seeker
  • Contribute fan art supporting Operation LOTS More by posting it here (I doubt I'll have time to create a good logo so if anyone wants to provide one, I'll be glad to include it in all announcements)
  • Tweet and/or Retweet any Operation LOTS More announcements
[/indent]
Just a quick update: Operation LOTS More has begun.
Good luck, Michael!
All your base are belong to us.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Video: LOTS fandom's "Pass it On ..." best of video Michael 0 991 November 24th, 2010, 04:59 PM
Last Post: Michael
  LOTS Video mailing project Michael 0 741 November 21st, 2010, 11:33 PM
  Stephen Papps (Brogard), Danielle Cormack (Catherine the Great) in this week's Seeker august 2 972 September 25th, 2010, 04:19 PM
Last Post: august
  Oscar nominee Keisha Castle-Hughes to guest on LOTS ("Creator," # 2.15) Boomstick 11 1,420 September 7th, 2010, 06:32 PM
Last Post: EDSEL_PK
  Seeker fans raise $3500 in one week for new advertisement Michael 0 697 August 11th, 2010, 03:03 PM
  LOTS Video Team launches new project Michael 0 736 June 18th, 2010, 11:21 AM
  John Rhys-Davies to appear on LOTS (2.17, "Vengeance") Michael 10 1,560 June 16th, 2010, 11:06 AM
  LOTS series finale part 2 gemini0521 5 1,186 June 14th, 2010, 02:46 PM
  Message from the LOTS Video Team Michael 0 746 June 7th, 2010, 01:30 AM
  LotS 2.18, "Walter" - spoilers august 2 599 June 1st, 2010, 04:37 AM
Last Post: Zagor