'Three Musketeers' remake in 2011
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
Milla, despite the criticism, has made a seriously healthy living for herself in those 'post-apocalyptic warrior-chick' roles. Even though I can't say I dig a lot of those films, it's interesting that the former waif fashion model would become the reigning queen of movie mayhem.

She's done some indie movies along the way, but it's the off-beat end-of-the-world zombie/vampire/robot/alien uberbudget B-movies that have made her a star.
BTW, just realized there's another reason for Anderson to cast someone who doesn't really fit in with the otherwise British cast: he's married to Milla! :bounce:

And yep, she's done enough in her career already (modeling and singing - who knew?) plus "legit" films like The Messenger and Chaplin that she needs to have no shame for doing action roles while she's still young. Kate Beckinsale is the same way - she did art films and BBC projects for almost a decade, then realized "hey wait - I could be a star and actually make some money!"
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
We caught The Fifth Element this weekend on tv and sat through it. What’s fun about this film is seeing Milla Jovovich do her thing pre-Resident Evil (by about five years). You can see the difference in her stage fighting abilities between the two movies. Watching closely (as I was) Jovovich’s punches and strikes lack in almost every way. She is, literally, punching like a girl. In reading up on her bio, she apparently started training for the role in Resident Evil, and from my memory, she’s able to pull off the fight action much better.
All your base are belong to us.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
^ Milla seems to have really made the action genre her own in recent years. I think she can act pretty well when she needs to as well (I'm one of the few who liked her Joan of Arc performance). It'd be interesting to see her as Milady, I just hope she doesn't have too much of a starring role.

Oddly enough, I was watching an old episode of Married With Children recently and Milla was in it as a French exchange student - she's clearly had a longer acting career than I thought.
Xev, Xev of B3K, join us in our song!
After all, a thousand years isn't very long!
Oh, definitely - all the way back to playing a queen bee cheerleader in the mid-90's in Dazed and Confused...and that was a few years after Return to the Blue Lagoon.
I liked The Messenger though it was nothing like what I had thought. Unfortunately, she was also in that awful Uwe Boll film Ultraviolet. The gun kata was the only good part of that film . . . and that I watched it on DVD.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
^ Uwe Boll wasn't involved in Ultraviolet, was he? I've never seen it though I hear Milla is the least of its problems.
That opus was written and directed by one Kurt Wimmer, who has a German name but was born in the US. He has had a better track record with screenplays (Law Abiding Citizen, The Recruit, the recent Angelina Jolie film Salt, the remake of The Thomas Crown Affair, the adaptation of Sphere) than with both writing and directing (his other big project was called Equilibrium, with Christian Bale, Sean Bean, Sean Pertwee, Taye Diggs, Dominic Purcell, and - I kid you not, an actress actually named Maria Pia Calzone! :laugh: - in 2002, but I've never heard of it.)
Zagor Wrote:^ Uwe Boll wasn't involved in Ultraviolet, was he? I've never seen it though I hear Milla is the least of its problems.

Must have gotten it confused with BloodRayne. Mea culpa.

Zagor Wrote:I hated the Return of the Musketeers

Any film which begins its opening credits with a producer credit for not 20th Century Fox, or "A Dreamworks Production," or "Alexander Salkind Presents" ... but rather something like "Made Possible By: The Film Completion Guaranty Bond Assurance Trust" (I forget the exact verbiage) by definition has got some problems in it somewhere... :laugh:
Poster here: http://moontribes.com/blog/2010/08/29/ne...usketeers/
Zagor Wrote:Poster here: http://moontribes.com/blog/2010/08/29/ne...usketeers/

Oh good it's in 3D. So if even if the movie is good, I'm guaranteed a headache. :hellohands:

august Wrote:(his other big project was called Equilibrium, with Christian Bale, Sean Bean, Sean Pertwee, Taye Diggs, Dominic Purcell, and - I kid you not, an actress actually named Maria Pia Calzone! :laugh: - in 2002, but I've never heard of it.)

Two words: gun kata.

It's a decent enough film, and Bale is pretty awesome in it. It's an action flick, so know that going in, but it's very much worthwhile.

RobRoy Wrote:Oh good it's in 3D. So if even if the movie is good, I'm guaranteed a headache. :hellohands:
Well, there's usually a 2D option. 3D doesn't give me a headache, but I definitely find it distracts more than it involves.

Rumours abound that this film will have a heavy steam-punk element involving airships - just like what Dumas writ Rolleyes

Plenty of pics here: http://www.musketiere-derfilm.de/ Possibly interesting text too if you can read German.
That steam-punk aspect seems to have really been developed, in the same successful vein that worked for the recent Sherlock Holmes film.

BTW, TCM is running three previous versions this Friday 10/14, starting with the Richard Lester/Michael York version we discussed above (with a rollicking comic screenplay by Flashman novelist Geroge MacDonald Frasier) at 8 PM, followed by the 1948 version with Gene Kelly as D'Artagnan and Vincent Price as Richelieu, and then at 12:15, the 1935 version.
Trailer for "The Three Musketeers", 2011 version.

Watch Trailer for "The Three Musketeers" from YouTube
SF-Fandom not responsible for video content

SF-Fandom reserves the right to remove inappropriate video content from its discussions. YouTube may remove the video from its service without notification.

Here is the "Assassin's Creed" trailer with sub-titles.

Watch Trailer for "The Three Musketeers" from YouTube
SF-Fandom not responsible for video content

SF-Fandom reserves the right to remove inappropriate video content from its discussions. YouTube may remove the video from its service without notification.
Saw this on Friday. It's failry entertaining in a cheesy kinda way. Lerman's d'Artagnan is completely lacking in charisma, but everyone else does a good job. The best performance is by Freddie Fox as the hopelessly naive Louis XIII.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jaws remake badlands 2 221 October 6th, 2021, 11:08 AM
Last Post: Michael
  Remake of Thirteen women badlands 1 729 May 5th, 2020, 10:54 PM
  Shrek and Puss N Boots remake badlands 1 359 November 22nd, 2018, 12:06 PM
  Should remake a movie about Devil's island? badlands 2 424 December 13th, 2017, 12:35 PM
  Remake of Baatan death march movie and other Japanese war crimes badlands 1 420 April 17th, 2017, 09:54 AM
Last Post: august
  Jaws remake badlands 5 727 July 27th, 2016, 10:59 AM
Last Post: august
  A remake of the Lost Horizons badlands 1 540 July 16th, 2016, 12:11 AM
  Will Warner Bros remake the Phantom Tollbooth? badlands 2 498 June 26th, 2016, 07:04 PM
  Remake of the Boys of Brazil badlands 3 664 November 22nd, 2015, 06:31 PM
Last Post: Boomstick
  MovieTickets' Box Office Top 10 for December 21, 2011 Michael 0 477 December 21st, 2011, 01:00 PM