True Blood --Season 3 discussion - SPOILERS
august Wrote:A maenad. i.e. a devotee of Bacchus or Pan or any variation of "the great god." In the book apparently her name was Callisto.

I've heard of Maenads before, and am familiar with Bacchus. All this happened when I wasn't paying much attention to the show, so I missed a lot.

I heard Bill and Sophie-Anne talking about it, and it sounded like Bill said Maryann was a 'Maynet'. But now I figure that's how it was filtered through his accent.:whistle:
EDSEL_PK Wrote:after he had that teary-eyed soliloquy with the pile of fettuccine alfredo that was once Talbot

oh dear dear dear... now you too can take Talbot with you wherever you go....
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
:lol: well, we have some answers! Jason has apparently hooked up with a cougar! Only problem is... she's a 19-year old were-cougar! :laugh:

And Sookie is....
To view, use your mouse to select the text:
"a fairy? How f*&%ing lame!"
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
Thanks, Augie, for the link.
OK, this time Pam got the best line, at Bill: "You infatuated tween!"
I suppose, by vamp standards, Bill is a youngun. Eric's about a thousand years old, Russell's thrice that. And they call Jessica the 'baby vamp'. So 150-yr-old Bill might be a 'tween' vamp from their POV.

Bill, perhaps as a result of slurping such progidious quantities of Sookie's Fey-tainted blood, has lost a bit of his vampish stoicism. I'm sure there are those who would attribute some of his behavior to his amorous feelings, but I think there's more to it. Sookie's had vamp blood, too. So somewhere in between, there's a common ground, I think.
Some of it is the writing though - they've been giving Bill much more contemporary lines like him calling Eric Russell's "butt-boy" (thinking that will pass our filtering and language policy since it relates to him following Russell and picking up his cigarette butts) and saying lines like (I think) "give me a break" and another one that (that I forget at the moment) was really very different from his courtly vocabulary in the first two seasons.

And some of it is living in America and being around actual Southerners - his accent sems far more natural now, and much less forced.

I think he's abit older than Pam though - she's the one who said it, but it's just such a classic line.

Right up there with it would be her other line - "I need a drink!"
Season 3 is already over? I was just getting into it.Huh
Season 3 was good. I liked Season 2 better.

Sookie is getting a little annoying for me. :roll: Though putting Talbat in the insinkerator (sp?) was very amusing.

And all the betrayals got a little too much. It was hard to keep up. It just got silly after awhile.

But overall the show is still most excellent. And I look forward to some more. Here's hoping for a season 4!
[SIZE=2]Keeper of Cole and The Cullen Men

"Once the Queen's dead the King's useless . . . maybe he's too depressed to fight; he really loved her you know"
[/SIZE]
Oh there's definitely a season 4 - if you saw the post-mortem after the finale, creator Alan Ball said that they were already filming it. (Possibly he said they were working on it as in writing it, but I'm prettty sure he said filming.) It's HBO's top-rated show so there will be more and more and more. In fact, they were already including it in the ads for 2011 that were running just before Boardwalk Empire debuted last night, implying it might start earlier than the summer next season.
august Wrote:Oh there's definitely a season 4 - if you saw the post-mortem after the finale, creator Alan Ball said that they were already filming it.

I did not see that, but that's good to know. :bg:

Quote:It's HBO's top-rated show so there will be more and more and more. In fact, they were already including it in the ads for 2011 that were running just before Boardwalk Empire debuted last night, implying it might start earlier than the summer next season.

Okay sweet. Though I have to admit, I like the time of year they air; there isn't much else on that I like.
[SIZE=2]Keeper of Cole and The Cullen Men

"Once the Queen's dead the King's useless . . . maybe he's too depressed to fight; he really loved her you know"
[/SIZE]
Luthien_001 Wrote:Season 3 was good. I liked Season 2 better.

Sookie is getting a little annoying for me. :roll: Though putting Talbat in the insinkerator (sp?) was very amusing.

Oh, that was so cruel, yet so appropriate, and hilairous! The kitten does have claws, doesn't she?
Sookie has had some remarkable growth in just a few months' time (since all three seasons couldn't have covered more than 2-3-4 months tops.) I was looking at a clip from the very first ep, and she is remarkably shy and reserved. There have been a couple of times this season where she admits that in her own way, she's as "bad" as Bill and the supernaturals (as are the reast of the humans, she implies.)

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Movie about the real Vlad the impaler or/ and Elizabeth Bathory, blood countess badlands 5 1,168 October 14th, 2020, 06:59 PM
Last Post: Michael
  Vampire anime movies like Blood C and Elfen Lied badlands 0 762 August 18th, 2016, 08:10 AM
Last Post: badlands
  True Blood cast - big names in teeny guest roles august 5 2,250 October 5th, 2012, 01:33 PM
Last Post: august
  USA Today articles on the return of True Blood august 1 857 June 11th, 2012, 04:51 PM
Last Post: Michael
  teaser trailer for True Blood season 5 august 7 1,569 May 29th, 2012, 05:36 PM
  Mistakes Vamps Make (+ other teasers for True Blood S5) august 0 801 April 30th, 2012, 01:12 PM
  True Blood show runner leaves after 4 seasons august 0 664 February 28th, 2012, 01:43 AM
  True Blood Season 4 starts off strong august 1 735 August 8th, 2011, 01:27 AM
  Eliza Dushku open to a True Lies 2 august 2 1,578 August 1st, 2011, 06:38 PM
  True Blood 3rd season reruns in April + May, leading to 6/26 season 4 debut! august 0 799 April 3rd, 2011, 04:00 PM