What's the latest movie you've watched?
INGLOURIOUS BASTERDS. A real nail-biter. Kept me on the edge of my chair...literally.
Sitting quietly, doing nothing,
Spring comes, and the grass grows by itself.
Double feature: GOR and OUTLAW OF GOR. I must confess that John Norman's GOR books are a guilty pleasure of mine. So the two movies were a bit of fun to watch.
Evil priests, power mad barbarian kings, a sadistic *****-queen and numerous scantily-clad slave girls dodging whips and chains. An indomitable, square-jawed hero...what more can a boy want?
:trio:
Sitting quietly, doing nothing,
Spring comes, and the grass grows by itself.
'Jennifer's Body'. Well, parts of it. The story seemed pretty wacked. An angst-ridden teen girl (Amanda Seyfried) is BFF with another girl (Megan Fox) whom apparently was killed in a satanic ritual, and some demonic force took over her newly-animated corpse.

There's considerable blood, sex, and body fluids everywhere -- not to forget the tar-like substance that Megan puked all over Amanda's kitchen floor.

Amanda knows something's wrong, but nobody believes her.
The Village - I've heard it was awful and after subjecting myself to Lady in the Water I was highly wary of anything made by Shyamalan, but I was pleasantly surprised. It was quite creepy in places and well plotted. The twist could have been revealed a bit more dramatically, but overall I was impressed.

The Town - extremely cliched, yet also extremely well made. Worth seeing.

El Dorado - very entertaining western. Though what's with James Caan's Chinaman impression? Wink
Xev, Xev of B3K, join us in our song!
After all, a thousand years isn't very long!
The Legend of the Guardians - EPIC and beautiful!!!
[SIZE=2]Keeper of Cole and The Cullen Men

"Once the Queen's dead the King's useless . . . maybe he's too depressed to fight; he really loved her you know"
[/SIZE]
Clash of the Titans (2010)

Not a bad film. The story of Perseus, and his battle with his father, Zeus, is a classic, and I always thought it deserved a new incarnation. This version, though, was not the epic I had hoped for. The action was good, the FX were better, but the story wasn't quite on par with them.

In all, it was comparable to the original. A deeper characterization for Perseus, who all-but-disavowed his divine lineage in favor of his mortal upbringing. Liam Neeson, as Zeus, was very enjoyable.
Splice.

The film was rather original, I thought, in the way it handled the 'science experiement gone bad' premise. The protagonists (Adrien Brody and Sarah Polley) were complex people who weren't simply the mad scientists we typcally see.

The effects were good. The story was thought-provoking, spooky, creepy, sexy, and had its share of 'What the frak?' moments.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Reboot of this old classic B movie The Last dinosaur badlands 1 28 March 28th, 2021, 12:18 PM
Last Post: Michael
  Edelweiss pirates movie badlands 1 30 March 21st, 2021, 10:58 PM
  Colorized Movie - "The Phantom Planet" Michael 0 455 November 26th, 2020, 05:09 PM
  Dungeon and Dragons movie again badlands 1 332 November 4th, 2020, 12:11 PM
  G.I Joe and fore night crossover movie badlands 1 249 November 4th, 2020, 11:52 AM
  Hasbro Mask movie badlands 1 377 November 4th, 2020, 11:37 AM
  1950s or 1960s B&W movie with teleportation boxes avianrand1 5 515 September 22nd, 2020, 06:56 PM
  Bernstein Bears movie badlands 3 678 August 12th, 2020, 01:28 PM
Last Post: aaronbossig
  John Lewis movie badlands 1 343 July 18th, 2020, 09:03 PM
  Science Fiction Movie Marathons pogopossum 1 429 May 30th, 2020, 10:15 AM