What's the latest movie you've watched?
All your base are belong to us.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
august Wrote:You mean a MacGuffin, right? Or did they need a do-over? Wink

Yes, McGuffin. Can you tell I don't play golf?

[Image: hsDoh.jpg]

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
I agree about the twist in the Book of Eli being a bit hard to swallow. Another nitpick:
To view, use your mouse to select the text:
If it was a braile version of the bible it would be several volumes long

I saw Theatre of Blood recently - camp fun, but the man really needs to learn to take criticism Wink
Xev, Xev of B3K, join us in our song!
After all, a thousand years isn't very long!
[SIZE=2]Keeper of Cole and The Cullen Men

"Once the Queen's dead the King's useless . . . maybe he's too depressed to fight; he really loved her you know"
[/SIZE]
Luthien_001 Wrote:How long through the movie did it take for you figure out Eli's condition?

The very end. Reflecting back, they gave some “clues” but these were more than countered by other actions throughout the film.

Quote:Just watched Legion - it's some dodgy, downloaded copy (I know, bad, bad, bad).

Shame, shame Luthy!

I think Boomer gave a similar review, so you’re in good company. I couldn’t actually see this film going any other way. I like the genre of angel-films (if a few dozen films can be considered a genre), but they are typically of the same caliber. This film is in my queue for viewing.

EDSEL_PK Wrote:The book's condition is precisely what I referred to. That was a nice twist.

Ahhh, gotcha. Now that I liked! I can’t quite remember if I came up with it during the film, but it did make sense and it was a very good twist. Zagor makes a very good point above, and after I thought about it a moment, he’s quite right in that regard. But I think the film’s conceit on this point is acceptable in order for the story to be told.

Of course, it could be this point that allows Kunis’ character to have her own story!

"Once the Queen's dead the King's useless . . . maybe he's too depressed to fight; he really loved her you know"
[/SIZE]
Manchete. It is so stupid and fake. I believe it is racist the way it portrays Mexicans.:devil:
Don't insult the precious, my precious!:book:
ALICE IN WONDERLAND (the latest version), which I thoroughly enjoyed even though it was a 2D DVD. I couldn't help noticing, however, how thematically similar it was to the 1985 Disney film RETURN TO OZ. Both deal with the darker sides of what are usually considered wonderful worlds. Both Alice and Dorothy, older and somewhat troubled, return to their respective fairylands. And in each case they are called upon to rescue their (imagined?) worlds from an encroaching evil.
I don't know if RTO is available on DVD... the critics hated it... too dark, no singing and dancing Munchkins. But if it is I recommend it to you Netflixers out there.

But back to ALICE: Depp was a perfect Mad Hatter, of course. The Red Queen was great, but The White Queen was, IMO, a little too fluttery... almost a parody of Billie Burke's performance as Glinda The Good in WIZARD OF OZ.
Sitting quietly, doing nothing,
Spring comes, and the grass grows by itself.
badlands Wrote:Manchete. It is so stupid and fake. I believe it is racist the way it portrays Mexicans.:devil:

I've only seen the trailers on TV, but I don't think It's at all meant to be taken seriously.
So yesterday I spent most of my time in front of the television - and saw an array of movies which was airing.

The Benchwarmers - funny and not too horrific. I'm not usually a fan of Rob Schneider films

Batman Begins - awesome as always. Love the batman voice

The Grudge 2 - creeps me out; even though it was the second time I've seen it. Horrors don't usually affect me but this one does for some reason.

Dracula II: Ascension - doesn't really count, I fell asleep half way through. It was the early hours of the morning in my defense. The half of the movie I saw was amusing but not that fantastic.

[/SIZE]
I saw Mamma Mia recently. I like musicals and I even quite like Abba and although it was pretty amusing in places it all felt pretty half-hearted. There was no real effort to make the songs fit the situation ("Um, why are they singing Dancing Queen now?") and the plot and characters were paper-thin. Also pretty much all the cast can't sing to save their lives (though Pierce Brosnan's tuneless yelling is quite hilarious). Likeable, but that's all.
Despicable Me - very entertaining!!! A favourite for the year. Will have to see it again.

Sorcerer's Apprentice - also entertaining. Didn't like the girl character in it so much but the others were pretty cool. The voice over in the start was kinda lame, it needed a more majestic voice.

[/SIZE]
Luthien_001 Wrote:Sorcerer's Apprentice - also entertaining. Didn't like the girl character in it so much but the others were pretty cool. The voice over in the start was kinda lame, it needed a more majestic voice.

I thought it was surprisingly entertaining too. Pity it didn't do too well in the box office because I'd like to see a sequel.

Moulin Rouge - a bit of a weird film and odd for a musical because most of the songs just go on in the background rather than being the focus. Kidman and McGregor carry it though.
THE MEN WHO STARE AT GOATS. Curious flim. I did enjoy it, although I'm not really sure how to classify it. Sort of a New Age CATCH 22?
Agaricus Wrote:THE MEN WHO STARE AT GOATS. Curious flim. I did enjoy it, although I'm not really sure how to classify it. Sort of a New Age CATCH 22?

I thought that movie was hilarious. Definitely curious and a little (while a lot) out there :alien:

George Clooney was fantastic

[/SIZE]
The Other Guys - Very funny, though it's overlong and I think you'd need a degree in accountancy to understand what the bad guys were actually up to.
I saw the film on PPV. Not bad, but hardly the epic I expected. It's not really the story of 'how Robin became an outlaw' as much as it is 'what he did and who he was before he became an outlaw'.

The story was a bit slow and convoluted. The Merry Men -- Allan, Will, and John -- were supposed to have been comrades of Robin's through the crusades. Yet, there wasn't much interaction, aside from the odd joke, a bit of debauchery over mead and wenches, and a few punches thrown.

The cast delivered good performances, as was expected from the stellar ensemble.

Not trying to trash the film...but in all honesty, I enjoyed the History Channel documentary about it more.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Huckleberry Hound live action movie badlands 1 63 September 14th, 2022, 11:11 AM
Last Post: Michael
  Kingdom Hearts movie badlands 1 73 September 14th, 2022, 11:00 AM
  Lightyear the movie badlands 1 141 July 14th, 2022, 08:53 PM
  New Elvis movie badlands 2 217 July 6th, 2022, 01:56 PM
Last Post: Yalmuk
  Reboot The Terminator movie series. badlands 2 208 June 15th, 2022, 11:52 PM
  Is it true that there will a movie based on the Redwall author’s book? badlands 1 188 May 16th, 2022, 01:37 PM
  Poppy Playtime movie badlands 1 219 April 17th, 2022, 12:01 PM
Smile Clash of the clans movie badlands 4 237 April 17th, 2022, 12:00 PM
  How about a jetsons movie? hour_25mikehodel 4 373 March 19th, 2022, 03:11 PM
  Miami Vice movie badlands 2 313 December 29th, 2021, 03:33 PM