The Fall of Sam Axe (Bruce's Burn Notice prequel film) on USA Fr. 11/25
Burn Notice creator and exec. producer announced at Comic-Con that there will be a Sam Axe prequel movie! :hellohands: :bounce: :thumbsup:

From IGN:

Quote:"USA finally got their s*** together, joked Campbell to the Bruce Campbell-adoring crowd.

Burn creator Matt Nix explained a little bit more about the upcoming TV movie. "We wanted to do a prequel movie that shows Sam Axe on his last mission as a military guy," he said. "You see what happened and how Sam ended up retiring to Miami, and we wanted to know a little bit more about the guy, and we get to see Sam Axe in action with guns and I'm hoping you're ok with this, I think I'm putting a chainsaw in your (Campbell's) hand."

The LA Times had this photo and this account:

Quote:Members of the audience repeatedly told Campbell he was sexy, and to show his appreciation, Campbell walked to the edge of the stage and handed out money. A few times.

[Image: 6a00d8341c630a53ef0133f27be9ae970b-pi]

The Chicago Tribune has some video clips of Bruce and Matt Nix here.

From YouTube
SF-Fandom not responsible for video content

SF-Fandom reserves the right to remove inappropriate video content from its discussions. YouTube may remove the video from its service without notification.

Quote:.... Nix said the "Burn Notice" movie is not "a double episode" of the show, it's "a movie about Sam." It's set and will be filmed in South America and will focus on the events that turned him into a guy who was willing to break the rules and help Michael using Team Westen's unconventional methods.

"He was a real Navy SEAL, not a joke Navy SEAL," Nix said. What made him go from that to a guy who lives in Miami drinking beer and lives off rich women? That's what we'll find out.

It will, not surprisingly, be an action-oriented movie, and the regular characters (Fiona, Michael, Madeleine) won't be in it (In a post-panel interview, Bruce Campbell seemed to think there might be a small presence for some of the show regulars, but perhaps that hasn't been hammered out).

Nix said that he'd estimate the time frame of the events in the Sam movie to be about a year before he and Michael and Fiona began working together, but he said that could change.

The Seattle PI added this:

Quote:Campbell tossed several new Chuck Finley shirts into the crowd; Finley, fans know, is one of Sam's covers. Girls screamed at the mere mention of Donovan's name, but they were no match for those who kissed up to Campbell. And just like he did at last year's Comic-Con, Campbell got up and actually paid those fans money.

"There's a little more to Sam that we have to find out, like how many more ladies does he get this season," said Campbell. He then offered up a love interest role to any of the women in the audience who were willing to leave their headshots and phone numbers at the end of the stage.

Missing in action from the Con besides Donovan were Sharon Gless and Gabrielle Anwar, whose character Fiona will go missing soon. "There's an episode coming up when Fiona gets kidnapped," said Campbell, who stressed that you should "never kidnap Fiona. She'll do anything to get out of that room, and she'll remember you and she'll come back and blow your face off."
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
Sounds like a great idea. Looking forward to it. Will he be doing his lounge singer routine, too?

"I'm hungry like the woooooooolllllfff!!!!'
Thanks for the heads up, this is awesome news for any Burn Notice fan, as well as anyone who wants to see Sam get his due. His backstory has often been hinted at, but it will be terrific to see him in actual ***-kicking action, as opposed to the more bumbling sidekicky role he so often fulfills as Michael's necessarily less cool adjunct. (Less cool only because no one is cooler than Michael Westen!)

What will they call it, I wonder?
Rachel Hyland
Editor in Chief, Geek Speak Magazine
www.geekspeakmagazine.com

For anyone who thinks an Apocalypse or two sound like fun...
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
This could be interesting - Of couse, if it comes out, I will watch it. LOL! What a great tag line!
First commercial is here.
Elaborate, interactive posters designed to be shared on Facebook are here.

Also, the film will run several times:

Sun. Apr. 17, 9:00 PM - premiere, then reruns at 11 PM

Mon. 4/18 - 12:05 AM
Fri. 4/ 22 - 11 PM
Sat. 4/23 - 2:00 PM
Wed. 4/27 - 10 AM
[Image: sam-1.jpg]
This is now on Blu-ray, and is being advertised like crazy on USA and during rhe reruns on My Network TV. From IGN:

Quote:...The Fall of Sam Axe is a pretty great little TV movie that details the "origin" of Sam Axe, the Navy Seal and comic relief of the show.

Naturally, if you're a fan of Bruce Campbell's work, or the hit show, The Fall of Sam Axe should be right up your alley. The sunny South American location provides a refreshing change of scenery for the series. The story, while a bit predictable and thin, is also packed with action and humor catered to Bruce Campbell's comedic sensibility. And the supporting cast gives Sam Axe some interesting alternatives from the usual characters on the series.

The Fall of Sam Axe won't win the series any new fans, but it really doesn't need to, either. While a few moments and a few performances are wobbly, the film delivers just enough spark, action and witty humor to keep things entertaining.

They give it 7 out of 10.

Box Office Prophets says:

Quote:This week: David Bowie's son does his follow up to Ziggy Stardust, Ross Gellar teaches us all about statutory rape, and Bruce Campbell has a movie. Oh, screw everything else. Bruce Campbell has a movie!

...Campbell is well aware of his subversive popularity in pop culture, recognizing that he is more talented than many more prosperous actors. Rather than focus on the negative, however, he embraces the thought process that his entire career is something of a fluke and this makes him the real salt of the Earth sort of fellow...

We had planned to watch Burn Notice anyway simply for casting him as the third lead in a three player ensemble. To our collective shock, Burn Notice has proven to be a revelation as a witty espionage serial that does a terrific job embracing formulaic television in original ways....

(the movie) is 100 minutes of Bruce Campbell being Bruce Campbell. If that is not your cup of tea, well, I hate you and hope you die screaming. Too harsh? Perhaps. But I love the actor that much. In fact, when I think of The Majestic, the failed Jim Carrey movie from 2001, I remember it primarily as a Bruce Campbell title. I believe Campbell has fewer than 10 lines in the entire feature, yet that is how much I lock in on his presence in a given title. If you are like me in this regard, The Fall of Sam Axe is enjoyable escapism, albeit much more predictable than the average Burn Notice outing. If you are not like me and are not interested in watching Bruce Campbell do his thing, then may God have mercy on your dark heart and empty void of a soul.
DVD Talk now has a review too:

Quote:
In the TV show Burn Notice Bruce Campbell steals just about every scene he's in.... While the feature-length film does have some holes, when all is said and done it's a fun romp and a well deserved moment in the spotlight for Axe.

Like Burn Notice, this isn't supposed to show the gritty reality of a situation, instead it's an entertaining way to spend an evening and it succeeds at what it sets out to do. Campbell is one hell of a charismatic guy and he puts that to good use in this movie. The film is fun while Campbell's on screen, which thankfully is most of the time, and he's the same loveable, deadly goofball as he plays on his TV show. There are some really fun moments, like when the members of the Flaming Sword give Sam a nickname, The Chin...

There are only a few extras, but they're all great and I'll take quality over quantity any day. First off is a commentary track with Bruce Campbell, (director of the film and star of Burn Notice) Jeffrey Donovan, and Matt Nix. It's great fun and something you'll want to listen to. Next is a faux making-of featurette The Fall of Jeffrey Donovan. Running a little over 10 minutes, it shows how the TV star jumped behind the camera, and went crazy filming this movie in Columbia. It's a lot of fun and one of the best behind-the-scenes bits (even though it's a parody) that I've ever seen. They also include a panel at Comic-Con from 2010 that's funny and informative though it would have been more fun if you were actually there. The extras are wrapped up with a little more than a minute worth of deleted scenes.
This is back on USA: Wed. 11/2 at 11 PM and 2 AM.
USA has this again on Fr. 11/25 at 6 AM.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Big Grin Preview of the (latest) Evil Dead video game, as narrated by Bruce himself august 1 371 June 29th, 2021, 06:47 PM
Last Post: Boomstick
  Go Bruce - it's your birthday... august 47 7,093 June 22nd, 2021, 04:11 PM
Last Post: august
Wink Bruce Campbell to star in ABC sitcom ? august 0 232 March 11th, 2021, 07:41 PM
Big Grin Josh Becker's new film "Warpath" opens in Royal Oak, MI Th. 9/26! august 4 932 September 30th, 2019, 02:26 PM
  Believe it! Bruce Campbell is reviving Ripley's Believe It or Not! august 8 1,191 June 7th, 2019, 08:00 PM
  Bruce Campbell memes from all over august 0 507 March 26th, 2019, 05:13 PM
  Bruce Campbell on AMC's Lodge 49 august 0 506 September 16th, 2018, 07:26 PM
  Bruce has a new book - "Hail to the Chin!" august 3 715 August 28th, 2017, 09:30 PM
Last Post: Boomstick
  Bruce promoting Ash vs. Evil Dead august 1 537 October 11th, 2016, 06:18 PM
  Bruce, Lucy and Rob at Comic-Con! august 2 615 July 26th, 2016, 11:19 AM