New site layout
I've decided to stick with a regular site layout. I'm used to making things look pretty, I guess I'm a bit spoiled, LOL... I found one that worked well after some struggling to figure things out. And, since my webmistress friend installed Wordpress for me on the subdomain space she provided, I felt I should try to get serious about learning to use that. She also gave me Joomla!, and well, I'm a little intimidated by it, even my webmistress pal doesn't know how to use it! I know that people do build sites with it, though...

Anyway, I'm gradually learning to use Wordpress and I found out that it can be joined up with a website layout. If you visit the link I give in my signature, you can see a demonstration...

I think this will be a lot better than my outmoded HTML pages and the concerns I had about them. Wordpress is a whole different animal, but once you get into it, it isn't THAT bad... I found a nice theme that is excellent for showing off your text... and the images work OK on it too.

Only a few pages exist right now and I have a ton of work to do getting them up and functioning and linking together. But, it'll come eventually! The Coppermine gallery will get plenty of use too, later on.
:coffee:Lady Aeolusia

Iolaus' Amazon Forever :jester:

Visit my website at:

http://gardenofdreams.50webs.com/index.html

I'm impressed by both your dedication and your level of effort. Keep at it! You certainly have our support!
All your base are belong to us.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
The site looks good so far-very impressive! I still have the other site bookmarked,but will bookmark this one so I don't forget about it.
Rhonda
member,OIKSFC
Kevin-#1
"what the world needs now is love"
Thanks All!

Well, now it appears that we have a problem with the login somewhere. My domain pal says she isn't having any trouble accessing her domain (where my Wordpress dot org is situated), but I can't get in for the life of me. Not sure what's going on! Joomla and Coppermine (on the same server) aren't working either. And I can't get in thru Filezilla, I tried that too.

THIS IS NOT GOOD!!

Am strongly considering setting up this same "blog" at Wordpress dot com. Since it isn't fancy, the process shouldn't be overly complicated. Just some stuff I'd have to do over (Deja Vu All Over Again and again...and again.)

<edit> Thursday afternoon and I still can't log in to my WP.org subdomain. I discovered something else weird...My free host account at 50webs.com still exists and nothing was removed from it!! :jawdrop: The reason I thought it was gone was that a little while back when I tried that link, it said "Broken" and of course I assumed the worst. The interface is all new and I didn't know to just try opening on the website name, it's just different. Got to playing with it today and discovered that all my old files were there! Why the link didn't work for me, I have no clue! So...then I made up my mind to put my new & improved layout back on there. I can't wait forever to get back into my pal's subdomain and get some work done. And worst case scenario, if need be, I can still go on with the changeover to Wordpress dot com. If you expect to get any real work done, you'd best do it by yourself...

I've changed my sig back to what it was before, it does function now at the old Url.
:coffee:Lady Aeolusia

Iolaus' Amazon Forever :jester:

Visit my website at:

http://gardenofdreams.50webs.com/index.html

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  video Q & A w/ Bruce at Burn Notice site august 0 600 June 25th, 2010, 03:45 PM
Last Post: august
  Update on the situation with my site Lady Aeolusia 6 995 June 7th, 2010, 12:28 AM
Last Post: Lady Aeolusia
  New Legend of the Seeker widget on Xenite LOTS fan site Michael 0 819 April 26th, 2010, 02:50 PM
Last Post: Michael
  Jennifer Sky's holiday message (and an update at her site) august 0 586 December 23rd, 2008, 12:01 PM
  Bruce's majorly spiffed-up site! august 1 723 May 8th, 2008, 01:57 PM
Last Post: AustinsAunt
  New Xena Site xena4gabrielle 3 941 March 18th, 2008, 04:33 PM
  X-mas mesage from Lucy Lawless at her site august 0 392 December 19th, 2006, 06:51 PM
  Have you seen this site? ladyfey 1 575 October 3rd, 2005, 01:15 PM
Last Post: Zagor
  A really cool Xena site CELEBBOYCRAZY 2 615 May 28th, 2005, 03:12 PM
Last Post: CELEBBOYCRAZY
  Another OMG My Site........ Jopru 5 618 April 26th, 2005, 05:44 AM
Last Post: KevFriend