Trailers for "The Last Airbender"
There seem to be a few trailers available online.

This one has reportedly been shown on Fox.

Trailer for "The Last Airbender" for Glee From YouTube
SF-Fandom not responsible for video content

SF-Fandom reserves the right to remove inappropriate video content from its discussions. YouTube may remove the video from its service without notification.

This is the latest HD trailer, I think.

Trailer for "The Last Airbender" From YouTube

SF-Fandom reserves the right to remove inappropriate video content from its discussions. YouTube may remove the video from its service without notification.

Clevver TV covered "The Last Airbender" in this quick piece.

Clevver TV on "The Last Airbender" From YouTube

Here is the 3rd official trailer for "The Last Airbender".

Trailer for "The Last Airbender" From YouTube

There are two great elements that make this movie interesting. First, the story looks like fun and the graphics look quite impressive. Second, this is M. Night Shyamalan directing, and directing something he didn't write (originally).

Shyamalan has the capacity to be one of the great directors of our time.
All your base are belong to us.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
He also has the capacity to be one of the great flops of our time, as the announcer on Clevver TV implied. I keep watching his movies for the most part but I have to admit I haven't watched "Lady in the Water". Just never got around to it.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to this one. If nothing else, he seems to step away from cliches in his films.
Michael Wrote:He also has the capacity to be one of the great flops of our time, as the announcer on Clevver TV implied.

Or maybe just a great burn-out.

Quote:I keep watching his movies for the most part but I have to admit I haven't watched "Lady in the Water". Just never got around to it.

The best I can say for Lady in the Water is that its watchable. This stems directly from the actors creating likable (of not believable) characters in a story that is completely forced toward an ending that, while not necessarily obviously, is being looked for. Shyamalan has trained the audience to look for the "twist". That breaks the willing suspension of disbelief and greatly diminishes the entertainment value.

Thus, I haven't watched his latest, The Happening. Apparently, the film did better than some of his later efforts, but I still wasn't up for another Shyamalan-twist.

Quote:Anyway, I'm looking forward to this one. If nothing else, he seems to step away from cliches in his films.

Of which I am greatly excited. He is a wonderful director and has the capacity to do great things. He has a great gift for telling stories visually.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
I consider Shyamalan an evil genius. His works are brilliant and complex, bt not always enjoyable.

'The Sixth Sense' was a top-notch film, but not easy to sit through. The whole story is sooooo heavy and gloomy. Nest to watch it in more than one sitting.

'Signs' was another good flick. Very interesting take on the 'Close Encounters' niche.

'The Village'...good premise -- until you learn the truth, and things go south from there.

'Unbreakable'...not quite. Not really interesting as a whole, and very slow in story development.

His movies have been hit and miss. Well-written and directed, and usally with great casts. But just not really enjoyable to a large extent.
I'm looking forward to this movie.

I really like the TV series (even though I'm a little old for it) . . . from the look of the trailers it looks loyal to the series; I'm concerned about how the characters are portrayed though, the characters are what made the series really good, I hope they were adapted properly and the actors pull it off.
[SIZE=2]Keeper of Cole and The Cullen Men

"Once the Queen's dead the King's useless . . . maybe he's too depressed to fight; he really loved her you know"
[/SIZE]
EDSEL_PK Wrote:I consider Shyamalan an evil genius. His works are brilliant and complex, bt not always enjoyable.

'The Sixth Sense' was a top-notch film, but not easy to sit through. The whole story is sooooo heavy and gloomy. Nest to watch it in more than one sitting.

I actually found, and still find, The Sixth Sense to be very watchable. When it first came out, I believe I sat through it at least twice in theaters and bought it on DVD as soon as it came out. That's pretty rare for me, as one viewing in a theater is usually enough. I hold that to be the chief marks of an excellent film: entertainment, “rewatchability”, and big screen worthiness.

But I’m well aware that this is probably because I was so taken in by the film, and certainly not expecting the twist that was coming. I had consciously missed all the signs and signals that were, in retrospect, clear and plain to see. Of course, that was the whole point!

Quote:'The Village'...good premise -- until you learn the truth, and things go south from there.

Do you mean it was good until the very end, when we have the “big reveal”, or it was good until just minutes before then, when the costumes are found?

Quote:'Unbreakable'...not quite. Not really interesting as a whole, and very slow in story development.

The entire movie, not so much. But the premise was quite interesting, and one that I continue to think about from time to time. A “real life” superhero and his “real life” nemesis. Plus, Samuel L. Jackson ranting about comic book heroes and villains was just priceless. But Unbreakable suffered greatly from being the follow-up to The Sixth Sense. How do you match the success of a break-out and runaway film from the previous year? Shyamalan’s answer: you can’t.

Quote:His movies have been hit and miss. Well-written and directed, and usally with great casts. But just not really enjoyable to a large extent.

Agreed. Part of the problem is how insular he is with his circle. I recall an article where he stated that he didn’t really allow people who disagreed with him to be part of his creative process. This struck me as a chief problem, where group think develops and results in exactly the mediocre whole of some of his past works. It’s similar to an “inside joke”. Sure, it’s hi-freaking-larious to the group, but anyone on the outside (like a general movie audience) is just going to be left out and feel that way.

Luthien_001 Wrote:I'm looking forward to this movie.

I really like the TV series (even though I'm a little old for it) . . . [snip]

You're never too old for something you enjoy. To this day, I love, love, love "Kim Possible". She can do anything, you know!

Michael Wrote:I have to admit I haven't watched "Lady in the Water".

Don't! :fright:
Xev, Xev of B3K, join us in our song!
After all, a thousand years isn't very long!
I've seen all of his movies except the last. The Happening's R rating seemed like a desperate attempt to get more people into the theater, but the trailers were more than enough for me.

Given that The Last Airbender doesn't look to have a twist in it, then I am very excited to see it. Shyamalan is a great director but he's been bogged down by his own formula that made him so successful in the first place. It will be interesting to see what he can do with different material.
Sheldon: I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.

~ The Big Bang Theory
I didn't think Signs had such a bad twist. The multiple levels of entendre across the film and the fact that the invasion proved to be so scary really made the film interesting for me.

When I first saw it I thought, "That was weird".

But I have watched it several times since then and have really enjoyed it more each time.
She was trying to get medicine because the guy she was in love with (I think) had been wounded and needed antibiotics or something.
Edsel_PK: Noah was not Ivy's brother.

On the surface, it can be a head scratcher why Ivy is so frightened of whatever is following her, as she knows about the costumes. The metaphor is simple though: we create our own monsters, whether they be boogey-men in the woods, your imagination being creeped out by something you can't see, or the age-old green-eyed monster of jealousy.

Michael: You're correct. The reveal of the costumes was just setting up the larger reveal at the end of the movie.

~ The Big Bang Theory
The real question is: what is Shyamalan's cameo going to be? :wink:

~ The Big Bang Theory

GamgeeFest Wrote:The real question is: what is Shyamalan's cameo going to be? :wink:

INDEED! How will he work himself into THIS movie? Is the Airbender going to send him flying off into the distance?
BTW: "The Last Airbender" opens on July 2. I updated the SF-Fandom calendar last night.
Michael Wrote:INDEED! How will he work himself into THIS movie? Is the Airbender going to send him flying off into the distance?

Probably how Jackson did for LOTR.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Videos: Trailers for "Assassin's Creed" FilmGuy 0 283 December 20th, 2016, 04:39 AM
Last Post: FilmGuy
  Videos: Trailers for "Gods of Egypt" FilmGuy 0 330 December 21st, 2015, 12:14 AM
  Videos: Trailers for "The Man from U.N.C.L.E." FilmGuy 1 469 June 13th, 2015, 11:09 AM
Last Post: Michael
  Videos: Trailers for "Minions" movie FilmGuy 3 412 January 8th, 2015, 12:50 AM
Last Post: BoardAdmin
  Videos: Trailers for "Prometheus 2: Paradise" FilmGuy 0 577 July 29th, 2014, 06:01 PM
  Videos: Trailers for "Sin City: A Dame to Kill For" FilmGuy 0 338 July 27th, 2014, 02:42 PM
  Videos: Trailers for "The Monuments Men" FilmGuy 0 3,403 January 20th, 2014, 03:18 AM
  Video: Trailers for "Elysium" FilmGuy 1 492 July 15th, 2013, 05:21 PM
Last Post: Michael
  Videos: Trailers for "The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones" FilmGuy 0 423 July 14th, 2013, 12:38 PM
  Big Budget movie trailers expected for Superbowl FilmGuy 0 704 January 17th, 2012, 02:10 PM