J.K. Rowling changes mind: More Potter stories may lie ahead
[indent]"Potter" creator J.K. Rowling revealed that she'd like to return to the "Harry Potter" universe, "maybe in the next 10 years." Harry's boy wizard story ends pretty decisively in the last book, "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows," but an epilogue suggests there's more to the tale for Harry Potter the man wizard. There's also this incredibly rich, detailed universe that Rowling created; who's to say future "Potter" spun stories have to deal with Harry directly? After the jump, I run through a few possible directions that Rowling could potentially go in with future books.[/indent]

Read the full article here.

JKR has been cited as being done with the Harry Potter books in the past, but that should not be held against her. Authors often experience burnout after a long run on a particular series. They feel drained and cannot plum their souls for any more stories.

But sometimes they can come back years later and provide more detail about something hinted at in previous stories. Sometimes the follow up books are much better than the originals.

So let's hope she is able to deliver a rollicking good tale without pressuring her to outdo herself (even though it may seem like that is what I'm doing).
I liken Rowlings’ statements to those made by Jet Li when he claimed to be finished with a martial arts films. At one point, he even considered retiring from film altogether. Thankfully, that has not been the case, and we’ve seen him appear, as impressively as ever, in several excellent martial arts films.

Rowlings is more than welcome to revisit her own fantastical world and provide new stories whenever she likes.
All your base are belong to us.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
I thought Li said he was finished with the Chinese films? I'm not sure. I enjoy his work as an actor regardless of whether he is the good guy or the bad guy.

Rowling may have said she didn't intend to write about Harry any more. Perhaps in the back of her mind she always entertained the idea of writing more about non-Muggle characters.
Fearless was stated by him to be his last role, and marketed as such. His quote was, “I stepped into the martial arts movie market when I was only 16. I think I have proved my ability in this field and it won't make sense for me to continue for another five or 10 years. Huo Yuanjia (Fearless) is a conclusion to my life as a martial arts star.”
All your base are belong to us.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Harry Potter rebooted? badlands 2 180 January 18th, 2023, 11:56 AM
Last Post: Michael
  Actor Leslie Phillips, voice of Harry Potter Sorting Hat, dies aged 98 Michael 1 120 November 10th, 2022, 05:18 PM
Last Post: badlands
  Harry Potter vs Encanto badlands 3 462 March 2nd, 2022, 01:06 AM
  Harry Potter exhibit badlands 0 341 February 20th, 2022, 09:43 PM
Last Post: badlands
  Slavery in Harry Potter badlands 1 419 February 7th, 2022, 09:33 PM
  Is Harry Potter really Moaning Myrtle? badlands 3 431 February 6th, 2022, 04:12 AM
  Harry Potter game badlands 2 1,097 March 14th, 2021, 11:18 PM
Last Post: Boomstick
  Harry Potter bar badlands 3 733 February 5th, 2021, 03:59 PM
  HBO Harry Potter reboot badlands 1 586 January 31st, 2021, 12:24 PM
  Fans are upset at Rowling badlands 1 632 August 3rd, 2020, 05:28 PM