Harrison Ford to star in "Cowboys and Aliens"
From Hollywood News:[indent]Using Twitter to break the news, Jon Favreau (“Iron Man”Wink announced that Indiana Jones himself, Harrison Ford, indeed will be a part of the director’s next potential blockbuster, “Cowboys & Aliens.”[/indent]

Not a whole lot more than that, except to describe the plot briefly as 1800s cowboys and Native Americans teaming up against extraterrestials. It's no wonder the UFOs don't want to come down to talk with anyone any more.
I think this is a good move for Harrison, and the one that was inevitable to happen if he wanted to keep working in action/adventure movies. I'm presuming he'll be in a supporting role, that is.

If he's the star, well, that's fine with me, too. Although other than Indy 4 he hadn't had a successful movie in a long time, so I wonder if people would flock to this one if he gets to billing.
I'll go see it. And I'll help promote it in any way I can.
Wow, cool plot concept. I'll be interested to see the trailers!
All your base are belong to us.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
Boomstick Wrote:I think this is a good move for Harrison, and the one that was inevitable to happen if he wanted to keep working in action/adventure movies. I'm presuming he'll be in a supporting role, that is.

If he's the star, well, that's fine with me, too. Although other than Indy 4 he hadn't had a successful movie in a long time, so I wonder if people would flock to this one if he gets to billing.

:lol: You do realize this is from Orci and Kurtzman, right? :poke: Although as part of a "Calling All Monsters" collection of producers including Spielberg, Ron Howard, and Lost's Damon Lindelof, their collaborator on the next Trek film.

I gather Daniel Craig in the name star on this, so Ford could play his dad, or his mentor.

Ford hasn't done that many films in the last decade, and none have been bombs - they just haven't been blockbuster material. Things like Firewall and Hollywood Homicide are destined to make $40 to $50 million at the box office...but that's probably about his share right there, whereas if they did the same film with Liam Neeson for maybe $10 million (like last year's "Taken") it would be a big success.

But he doesn't exactly have to work anymore, and he's got Callista Flockhart waiting for him at home, so.... :laugh:
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
august Wrote:Ford hasn't done that many films in the last decade, and none have been bombs - they just haven't been blockbuster material.

I think he stepped back after K-19, and waited for Indy 4 to happen, knowing that would be his best chance at a hit. If I'm not mistaken, K-19 is the biggest bomb in cinema history, dollars spent to dollars earned.

It's a decent film, by the way. I recently saw Firewall, which was decent, though I probably wouldn't watch it again.
Hmmm... $100 million budget... $35 million domestic gross... there's got to something that did worse than that.....
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
$35 million? I thought it was much, much lower than that, and that it had gone considerably over budget. Likely I was mistaken.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jason Momoa to star in "Minecraft" Michael 0 87 May 9th, 2022, 01:42 AM
Last Post: Michael
  Ali Pourahmad directed an amazing sci fi movie Aliens Reaction scifilover 0 350 July 12th, 2021, 04:05 AM
Last Post: scifilover
Photo Ali Pourahmad directed an amazing sci fi film called Aliens Reaction scifilover 0 1,382 December 27th, 2020, 05:56 AM
Last Post: scifilover
  My take on "Cowboys and Aliens" Michael 4 748 December 14th, 2015, 10:38 PM
Last Post: Boomstick
  Video: Trailer for "Paranoia" starring Harrison Ford, Gary Oldman, & Liam Hemsworth FilmGuy 0 418 July 14th, 2013, 12:29 PM
Last Post: FilmGuy
  Charlize Theron to star in "Agent 13", "scifi movie" FilmGuy 0 615 April 23rd, 2012, 04:22 AM
Last Post: FilmGuy
  Proof that Barbara Streisand whipped Harrison Ford...briefly Michael 0 529 September 14th, 2011, 11:22 AM
  Harrison Ford and Steven Spielberg "hopeful" for Indiana Jones 5 Michael 0 457 September 14th, 2011, 11:17 AM
  Gerard Butler may star in "Afterburn" film adaptation Michael 0 683 November 17th, 2010, 04:50 AM
  Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman talk about "Cowboys and Aliens" Michael 0 534 November 17th, 2010, 03:50 AM