Clash of the Titans - mild spoilers
All your base are belong to us.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
You've pretty much summed the movie up perfectly, RobRoy. The biggest disappointment was the lack of quality time with the Kraken ! There's that great shot ( and roar !) that we've seen in the trailer...and that's about it. The rest is tails/appendages destroying a lot of stuff.
I,too, saw it in 2-D and was happy that I did. Despite some disappointments, I may just see it again while it's on the big screen.

I really enjoyed Ralph Fiennes ( although Lord Voldemort kept creeping into my head)
and loved the effect that they did when gods would appear...sort of a hint of wings of smoke is the closest I could come to describing it. Also I liked the bits of humor that came out every once in a while.

The one thing that bugged me in a major way was the costuming. Yes, I know...that fantasy look and sort of an homage to the original. But , ever since LotR ( love or hate it ) that Xena look for fantasies no longer cuts it. It was very distracting to me. Also, the same goes for the score, at least in the beginning. It got better as the movie unfolded. You could tell certain departments got the lion's share of the budget ( monsters, etc.) while the cgi for background, scenery, etc. did not equal the excellent job done in other areas.

All in all, it was fun...a second viewing, I think, is on order. :clap: :cheergirl:
" It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
My favourite parts is when Sam Worthington kept falling back on his Australian accent. :halo: :laugh:

Ralph Fiennes was very good; but I took kept thinking of Lord Voldermort - I think the voices were kinda similar.

I found Io a little annoying.

It was a fun a movie. Nothing spectacular, but entertaining.
[SIZE=2]Keeper of Cole and The Cullen Men

"Once the Queen's dead the King's useless . . . maybe he's too depressed to fight; he really loved her you know"
[/SIZE]
Luthien_001 Wrote:Ralph Fiennes was very good; but I took kept thinking of Lord Voldermort - I think the voices were kinda similar.

I heard this a lot, although I never considered him as anything but what he was. Could have been because I was tag-teaming with the missus on our two-year-old . . .

Quote:It was a fun a movie. Nothing spectacular, but entertaining.

Yeah, that was the end result I got from it. I didn't even think it was The Mummy level, although I have this strange desire to see it again.
All your base are belong to us.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
Saw it last night. Found it tedious and uninspiring. The script spelt everything out, the plot didn't make a lot of sense, it was filled with handy coincidences, the action scenes were hard to follow (although maybe that's because I saw it in 3D, but I don't think so), characters were barely developed (love Perseus telling Andromeda she would be a great queen even though he's never had a conversation with her before). The comedy was barely noticeable it was so weak: there were two good jokes - the older soldier posing with a bow next to a statue doing the same thing and the Bubo reference (although even that felt like it was insulting the original).

Is anyone else a bit non-plussed about how Sam Worthington keeps getting leads in all these huge films? He was dull in Terminator, he was dull in Avatar and yep, he's dull in this. And he looked way too old to play a 20 year old character.

I did like Alexa Davalos as Andromeda - she brought a bit of class to the proceedings - pity she's barely in it.

The greatest success of this movie is making me think a lot more of the original.
Xev, Xev of B3K, join us in our song!
After all, a thousand years isn't very long!

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Smile Clash of the clans movie badlands 4 104 April 17th, 2022, 12:00 PM
Last Post: Michael
  Video: Trailer for "Wrath of the Titans" starring Sam Worthington FilmGuy 1 721 March 14th, 2012, 01:20 AM
Last Post: FilmGuy
  Inception - Possible Spoilers GamgeeFest 1 592 August 10th, 2010, 04:14 AM
Last Post: Zagor
  Toy Story 3 - Mild Spoilers RobRoy 8 1,206 July 27th, 2010, 12:28 PM
Last Post: RobRoy
  Knowing - A question and MAJOR SPOILERS RobRoy 3 594 June 1st, 2010, 09:40 AM
  Van Helsing (may contain spoilers) Boomstick 66 4,550 April 9th, 2010, 09:48 AM
  Remake of the clash of titans badlands 15 1,221 March 5th, 2010, 02:28 PM
Last Post: dasher
  AVATAR - James Cameron did it! *may contain spoilers* Luthien_001 23 2,237 January 22nd, 2010, 11:05 AM
  Video: Review of "Inkheart" (Includes spoilers) Michael 0 477 January 15th, 2009, 01:38 AM
Last Post: Michael
  Indiana Jones (contains spoilers) Jammin 13 989 June 14th, 2008, 10:20 AM
Last Post: katiegirl