Tim Burton doing an Addams Family movie
Now here's some cool news: Deadline broke the story that Tim Burton is doing a 3D stop motion animated Addams Family movie!
Quote:Alice in Wonderland director Tim Burton has found a new 3D project. He will direct a stop-motion animated film based on Charles Addams' original ghoulish cartoon drawings of The Addams Family. Illumination Entertainment, the Universal-based family film unit headed by Chris Meledandri, has acquired the underlying rights of the Addams drawings, once a staple of The New Yorker magazine.

It seems like a natural fit, given Burton's visual style and influences. The previous Addams Family films, which I liked, were done by director Barry Sonnenfeld.
<sigh> Burton does better when he's working off his own stuff, and not remaking others.
All your base are belong to us.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
RobRoy Wrote:<sigh> Burton does better when he's working off his own stuff, and not remaking others.

I'd agree, with Planet of the Apes and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory as evidence. In this case, however, the source material so matches his own sensibilities that it should be seamless. I only wish it was another live action film! I would like to see Tim Burton actually take that on, rather than have other people doing a "Tim Burton" movie.
Boomstick Wrote:I'd agree, with Planet of the Apes and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory as evidence. In this case, however, the source material so matches his own sensibilities that it should be seamless. I only wish it was another live action film! I would like to see Tim Burton actually take that on, rather than have other people doing a "Tim Burton" movie.

The Roald Dahl material should have lined up well with Burton. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory is actually a pretty dark book, but always with that Burton-style playfulness. <shrug>

Your point, however, is taken.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
RobRoy Wrote:The Roald Dahl material should have lined up well with Burton. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory is actually a pretty dark book, but always with that Burton-style playfulness. <shrug>

Interesting. I've never read it, so I can't say. But the film was certainly a *meh* kind of effort. Not bad, really, but quickly forgettable.
Boomstick Wrote:Interesting. I've never read it, so I can't say. But the film was certainly a *meh* kind of effort. Not bad, really, but quickly forgettable.

The book is worthwhile, and is not very long. I've got my copy around here somewhere that you can borrow. Or the local library should have copies. I believe they're in the Young Adult section, or whatever they call that section these days: Twilight and Others?

RobRoy Wrote:I believe they're in the Young Adult section, or whatever they call that section these days: Twilight and Others?

Heh, yeah. That's the ticket, these days. You have an even mildly successful 'young adult' novel series, and you're a lock for a film franchise, too.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lightyear the movie badlands 1 66 July 14th, 2022, 08:53 PM
Last Post: Michael
  New Elvis movie badlands 2 141 July 6th, 2022, 01:56 PM
Last Post: Yalmuk
  Reboot The Terminator movie series. badlands 2 141 June 15th, 2022, 11:52 PM
  Is it true that there will a movie based on the Redwall author’s book? badlands 1 129 May 16th, 2022, 01:37 PM
  Poppy Playtime movie badlands 1 166 April 17th, 2022, 12:01 PM
Smile Clash of the clans movie badlands 4 150 April 17th, 2022, 12:00 PM
  How about a jetsons movie? hour_25mikehodel 4 304 March 19th, 2022, 03:11 PM
  Miami Vice movie badlands 2 270 December 29th, 2021, 03:33 PM
Star Disney’s The Lone Ranger movie starring Depp badlands 1 382 November 22nd, 2021, 02:07 PM
  New C.S Lewis Movie bilbobaggins764 2 453 November 22nd, 2021, 02:00 PM