Farscape's 11th Birthday!
March 19th marked the 11th anniversary of Farscape's world-wide debut on Australia's 9 Network.

Sci Fi Wire had a nod to the occasion here.

I've yet to break open the new DVD set, but perhaps now's as good a time as any!
Wow. Eleven years! I started to watch the series again maybe a year ago but got sidetracked. Should give it another go.
Hope, D`Argo.... I have HOPE. John

Too many stories are nothing more than connected vignettes of codified symbols used to tell the audience where the plot currently stands like some sort of checklist Mirage
I got to spend some time with Lani and Gigi yesterday they were also reminicing over the Farscape years. From what they were saying they still miss it sometimes.

cheers
Stripe
[SIZE="2"]The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams[/SIZE]
Bern Wrote:Wow. Eleven years! I started to watch the series again maybe a year ago but got sidetracked. Should give it another go.

Crazy, right? I didn't see it right away, I think they had a primer for season 2 on SciFi and I saw some of that, and then went out and grabbed a VHS (!) three pack that had the three episodes, IIRC. As first impressions go, it was something special. Like nothing I've seen before or since. As a whole, I think the fist season of Farscape is probably some of, if not the best Science Fiction show, ever.

I can't wait to see the episodes again, I'm just a little weird about my tv viewing, so I'm waiting until I'm really in the mood for it.

Stripe Wrote:I got to spend some time with Lani and Gigi yesterday they were also reminicing over the Farscape years. From what they were saying they still miss it sometimes.

Very cool! As a fan it's nice to know that they still feel fondly about the show, as we do. What are they up to these days? Working on screen projects, or other pursuits?
Well Gigi is engaged to be married and work wise she is keeping busy and Lani has been doing some live theatre and concentrating on his artworks.
Both are looking great.

cheers
Stripe
[SIZE="2"]The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams[/SIZE]
Stripe Wrote:Well Gigi is engaged to be married and work wise she is keeping busy and Lani has been doing some live theatre and concentrating on his artworks.
Both are looking great.

Outstanding! :clap: Thanks for the update!
Thanks for keeping up informed on Lani and Gigi. Engaged to be married, eh? Good for her, I wish her the best Smile
I wonder if other dogs think poodles are members of a weird religious cult. -Rita Rudner
Ah...this reminder served to rub more salt in my wound, more than anything. Cry

Still, thanks for the update.
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.
Boomstick Wrote:Very cool! As a fan it's nice to know that they still feel fondly about the show, as we do. What are they up to these days? Working on screen projects, or other pursuits?

Lani and Gigi both have fan pages on Facebook, you can catch their latest over there as well. Wink

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Farscape mesa 3 881 September 5th, 2011, 10:56 AM
Last Post: Michael
  Doctor Who (5.1) 'The 11th Hour' Boomstick 15 1,572 April 25th, 2010, 08:11 PM
Last Post: Bern
  Farscape: Complete Series DVD Under $60 Boomstick 25 2,242 January 11th, 2010, 02:49 AM
Last Post: Boomstick
  Farscape badlands 2 855 September 12th, 2009, 05:38 PM
  Farscape at Comic Con: Browder, Black, O'Bannon & Henson Boomstick 0 820 July 11th, 2009, 06:42 PM
  Farscape: Rockne O'Bannon on BOOM!'s "Farscape" Comics Michael 19 1,678 December 31st, 2008, 11:51 PM
  Sci Fi brings back Farscape Boomstick 8 2,195 March 19th, 2008, 11:35 PM
  Farscape Released On iTunes Han Solo 0 905 January 29th, 2008, 10:02 AM
Last Post: Han Solo
  Farscape Podcast kbachelder 5 1,292 April 8th, 2007, 07:22 PM
  Happy Birthday, Edward James Olmos! EDSEL_PK 8 1,112 March 17th, 2007, 11:35 PM
Last Post: Darq Ali