Jackie Chan to star in new "Karate Kid" movie
I saw an ad for this on IMDB. Jackie Chan plays a Kung Fu master in China who takes an American kid under his wing when the kid is roughed up by bullies. The plot sounds very much like the original movie plot starring Ralph Macchio and Pat Morita.

Movie is supposedly scheduled for a June 2011 release.
I believe Will Smith's son Jaden is playing the kid in this. I saw some reference to this a while back, and mentioned to a couple of people "Who do you think would be a perfect Mr. Miyagi?" and they both instantly said Jackie Chan. A perfect opportunity for him to make a graceful transition into slightly older roles.
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
It is a remake with Will Smith's son. :ohno:
Don't insult the precious, my precious!:book:
august Wrote:I believe Will Smith's son Jaden is playing the kid in this. I saw some reference to this a while back, and mentioned to a couple of people "Who do you think would be a perfect Mr. Miyagi?" and they both instantly said Jackie Chan. A perfect opportunity for him to make a graceful transition into slightly older roles.

You are correct. We watched the ad for it last night, and I couldn't quite place the young actor, but I immediately had Jackie Chan and he made perfect sense. The story appears to be a little more realistic than the original with Ralph Macchio, which both appeals to me and makes me nostalgic.

I may have to bust out my Peter Cetera tape!
All your base are belong to us.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is it true that there will a movie based on the Redwall author’s book? badlands 1 50 May 16th, 2022, 01:37 PM
Last Post: Michael
  Jason Momoa to star in "Minecraft" Michael 0 39 May 9th, 2022, 01:42 AM
  Poppy Playtime movie badlands 1 71 April 17th, 2022, 12:01 PM
Smile Clash of the clans movie badlands 4 59 April 17th, 2022, 12:00 PM
  How about a jetsons movie? hour_25mikehodel 4 195 March 19th, 2022, 03:11 PM
  Miami Vice movie badlands 2 196 December 29th, 2021, 03:33 PM
Star Disney’s The Lone Ranger movie starring Depp badlands 1 311 November 22nd, 2021, 02:07 PM
  New C.S Lewis Movie bilbobaggins764 2 366 November 22nd, 2021, 02:00 PM
  Remember the Don Bluth movie : The Secret of NIMH badlands 0 275 July 27th, 2021, 05:15 PM
Last Post: badlands
  This civil rights leader’s story should be a movie badlands 1 297 July 25th, 2021, 11:28 PM
Last Post: Alvin Eriol